shape
carat
color
clarity

Would your FF ask...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

penniepie25

Rough_Rock
Do you guys think your FF would ask a friend of his, relative or friend of yours abour your ring before he buys it as guidance etc?

I know my bf doesnt mind asking for help and i know he doesnt know a whole lot about womens jewlery especially engagement rings - i think he would ask his buddy who bought his gf a ring not long ago but his mom seems to think he would go to her (being the only female in the HH) - I think its great - cause knowing him he would find throwing himself into a store or online a bit overwhelming!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nope! He''s stubborn. lol ;-)

He insists that he knows exactly what I want, and he wants to make this decision all by himself. He''s given me some clues -- and yeah... he knows me well!

But my boyfriend is more familiar with that type of stuff -- a lot of guys don''t know the first thing about rings, diamonds, or jewelry in general. My friend who almost got engaged, her boyfriend had already recruited me for ring assistance. So I think most guys need SOME input, unless they know a little bit about diamonds.

KCCutie

Brilliant_Rock
I really hope my SO does ask someone but I have no idea if he will or not.

He''s the kind of guy who isn''t afraid to ask his parents for advice (in fact just yesterday he asked them about us buying a house). He also has a sister just got engaged and I''m sure if he asked her she''d offer her FI''s on-line expertise. Then again he gets along really well with my sister and just in case he asks her we went ring shopping so she knows exactly what I like. And he did say he has "resources" for when he''s shopping for things for me.

I''m sure I will love whatever he buys weather he asks for help or not. I love his style and he has amazing taste so I''m not worried, I just hope he asks someone b/c I think it''ll put his mind at ease.

Off topic - Penniepie I love your sn I have pup named Penny and it reminds me of her.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
No. He knows I already have the setting picked out and want to select the diamond myself, since I''ve been researching this purchase for...oh....14 years?
2.gif

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
My FI didn''t need to ask anyone else anything because I was heavily involved in the process.

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
I know for sure that he has gone to his parents for their opinions on stones. As far as friends go, I doubt he would breathe a word of his plans to any of our friends just in case someone were to spill the beans.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/6/2008 10:04:08 AM
Author: Lauren8211
Nope! He''s stubborn. lol ;-)
Same here. I don''t see my boyfriend asking anyone for their opinions on rings. He already knows mine though!
27.gif
(That''s all that matters) lol

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
FI asked his friends for jeweler recommendation, but that''s about it.

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
My FI didn''t ask anyone. Not a single soul - not even me! But he knows me so well and knew exactly what I would have picked for myself! He went to the jeweler''s alone, bought the ring alone, and did a fantastic job - all alone
30.gif

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
My FI asked his friend who got married at least 5 years ago and his BIL, married 2 yrs ago and sister. He said the guys wrote back these very technical emails about what to look for, what''s important, etc. His sister''s response was a bunch of excited gibberish. :) He also bounced some opinions off his manager who recently got remarried.

He said he didn''t trust any of his friends from work because they have all been over at one of my dinner parties at some point in time. And he said there was no way he was going to ask my twin sister.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
My FI didn''t ask anyone but me LOL. However, he has had a few of his guy friends ask him about what he did.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
He doesn't need to ask. He has a sheet of paper with detailed instructions for all three (!) of my rings. Two being wedding bands.

And that was what he wanted FYI. He didn't want to get me something I didn't like, and I didn't want to risk not always having the ring I was proposed to with. So he wanted detailed instructions and he got them.
9.gif

aliciagirl

Shiny_Rock
I think the only person he would possibly ask would be his mom, but even then I''m not sure how that would go. She seems to think I have very eclectic taste and would be off the mark I''m sure.

We''ve gone looking a few times and he knows exactly what I like. I was torn between two settings being my favorite and he really wanted me to pick just one. So I did. And I''m pretty sure I''ll get that setting. Unless it''s no longer around.... then it''s hard to tell what I would end up with!! He''s just not a decision-maker. He''d go for the first simple thing he could find.

Oh, I really hope it''s there when he goes to purchase!! LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results