shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Consider changing your wedding date if it meant saving $$ and getting a better location?

We are shooting for late August, early September. But well... if I moved this sucker to November I would save some money and get a Mansion instead of a hotel.

I''m not seriously considering it... it''s just there in the back of my mind. I''d have to change my wedding colors and what not... and I really love spring/ summer colors. And I don''t want to get married in 2008 so April 2008 is out. Anyway... just wondering what you guys all think... or if you''ve been in the position why did you choose the date you did?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i would. but, i''m not attached to summer/spring colors. how cold does your november get? that might be another factor. and how rainy does it get? those things were considered when i picked a date. colors for me were not at the forefront of my decision. i knew i like color and that i figured i''d find something regardless of season.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Why can''t you have summer colors in the fall? It''s your wedding so I would choose what you love. If you love the mansion more, I would change me date.

GarysBride

Shiny_Rock
I would if you havent sent out invites yet I would definitly do it! Its you and your mans day have the wedding where you want it! And if it means saving more money thats definetly a plus! were debateing on the same thing too our wedding is set for aug. or sept. But we may have it in october/nov. to save about $3,500 extra for a honeymoon or towards our house! I would go for it! good luck

GarysBride

Shiny_Rock
oh yes and on the colors: summer colors are fine ! thats what were doing too im not a fan of fall colors but i love bright happy summer ones!!!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2006 3:16:10 PM
Author: GarysBride
I would if you havent sent out invites yet I would definitly do it! Its you and your mans day have the wedding where you want it! And if it means saving more money thats definetly a plus! were debateing on the same thing too our wedding is set for aug. or sept. But we may have it in october/nov. to save about $3,500 extra for a honeymoon or towards our house! I would go for it! good luck
oh, that''s true! we are having a nov. wedding and most of the HM places were CHEAPEST in nov!! awesome! and not much worry about hurricane''s because the season ends in nov. win win with the HM!

wanted to add too: the venue is important IMO. it sets the tone & mood. people remember where the wedding was, not what color BM''s dresses you have. i would SO take nov. in a heartbeat and never look back, if i were you.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
definitely! As long as you are comfortable with the new date, it seems like a winning decision. It''s only 2 months, right?

I would say no ifyou had a deadline, i.e. military move, visa/citizenship, health insurance issues, impending babies or either of you had a problem with the date change. Don''t do it just for the money, but if it means you can get more and you''re ok with it, do it.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
oh, and part of why we picked our date was football season... I didn''t want to go too far into football season... it had to be before playoffs/playoff rankings were an issue. seriously.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I''d absolutely change the date..... as long as it would still be doable for my must-have guests.

Depending when in November, it could hurt you or help you. If it''s close enough to Thanksgiving, people may already be coming home for that and may be able to tie in the wedding. On the other hand, if it''s earlier in November and people are already bearing travel costs a few weeks later, would that hurt attendance at your wedding?

If travel isn''t an issue for anyone, I''d still do a little poll of your must-haves to see if an event on the cusp of the holiday season is doable. If most folks would be fine with it, then sure, I''d move the date.

A friend of my friend is marrying this weekend. She became engaged around St. Patrick''s day this year, and they were planning to marry next year in early September. She had gone to look at a few venues in April. Two of those venues called her the following month in May saying they had cancellations for THIS year Labor day weekend, and that they would discount her about 40% off the price if she wanted it!!! Money is really tight for them, so she was thrilled. She is getting married Saturday - a full year early.

Regarding colors.......I''m with the rest of the group. I don''t think you have to change colors to move the date. My MOH was wearing red no matter WHEN on the calendar I married! LOL

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Oh......the questions.

How we picked our date:

1. Outdoor wedding in New England - least chance of rain is first 3 weeks of July.
2. My fiscal year ends June 30, and I''m swamped. July and August are dead for me, so it''s the best time to take time off.
3. Our dating anniversary was July 12, so marrying on July 11 increased the odds he''ll remember our anniversary!
1.gif

4. My parents'' wedding anniversary is in July, and they''ve been married 42 years, so it seemed like a good trend to follow.

Having said that, we did make a slight change - married on a Sunday instead of on a Saturday as planned. Why? Less expensive and better availability of vendors. This is especially important for a small wedding; it''s hard to "win" a Saturday as a 30-person wedding when they could book 200+ weddings for much more dough.

Our engagement was only 7 months long, and we were able to get all our top-pick vendors by going for the less-selected Sunday.

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
if your not totally satisfied, change the date and the location! It will be worth it in the end. As for colors, i used a winter color for my wedding colors, because its what i wanted! make sure you do what you want, it would be aweful to regret not doing what you wanted, when you could afford it!

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
I would totally change the date.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
I too am a "regardless of the season" color person.

But to answer your question.. YOU BETCHA I would.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeppers. In a heartbeat. How ''bout THIS November
31.gif
mwhahahahaha
11.gif

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Yes. I also happen to love winter weddings though--I wanted mine in Jan-Feb but that isn''t going to work out.

If it will save you money and not change anything you are terribely attached to go for it! Give yourself a few days to play with colors and flowers for that time of year that you like and see if something pops out at you.

E B

Ideal_Rock
I would, and I did. When we went to visit our families this summer, FH and I secured our *dream* outdoor ceremony and reception sites and without thinking, decided on June 23rd as our wedding date. Texas in the summer is BRUTAL, and I didn't even think about it until I really started planning, so I changed the date to September 29th. There was no way I was giving up my perfect venue.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, considering I paid for the wedding myself, I would TOTALLY have changed the date!!!
1.gif

Liquiddazi

Shiny_Rock
I would change the date; however, I really like fall weddings. They just seem to be more exciting. I guess it is because the mass of people I know get married in the summer, even though pricescope has proved me wrong.

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely.

To be honest, I wasn''t quite thrilled to be just one many among the crowd. I kinda liked having mine in the fall instead of in the summer like everyone else. Course, weather is prolly a big consideration in some parts of the country. To save that much money and get a location you like better, I''d totally do it.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
AB-SO-LUTELY!!!!!!

change it if you can save a ton of dough, Fall is still gorgeous!!!

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock
Well maybe I''m a little biased since I''m a poor college student but CHANGE IT. Girl, you can have whatever color you want it''s your day. I think the extra savings can be put to other things like honeymoon or better food.
3.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey Gypsy .. got a reply back from my DC sister ...

"Try the American Horticultural Association house -- its out here in
Alexandria, on the Potomac -- beautiful old mansion with lovely gardens, as
you can imagine. I''ve been to 2 weddings there -- both gorgeous. I
think its called River Farm."

Is that your possible mansion??

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/6/2006 7:59:40 PM
Author: decodelighted
Hey Gypsy .. got a reply back from my DC sister ...

''Try the American Horticultural Association house -- its out here in
Alexandria, on the Potomac -- beautiful old mansion with lovely gardens, as
you can imagine. I''ve been to 2 weddings there -- both gorgeous. I
think its called River Farm.''

Is that your possible mansion??
That is one of the locations I am looking at! Were the weddings your sister went to pretty small or somewhat larger? I am just a little worried about having a larger wedding there because I think we would need to pay for the location fee and have a tent put up... sorry to thread-jack gypsy!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
That sounds beautiful. I haven't looked at it though.

I am really trying to stay in DC itself. Which maybe sheer stupidity.

This is the place I had in mind.

http://www.wis.edu/aboutwis/facilit_rentals.asp

ETA: Gonna go check out the ag society not though.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results