shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you remove one melee in jacket to eliminate air-line?

Would you remove one melee from jacket to eliminate air-line?

• 1. No, leave as is. Air-line is acceptable.

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • 2. Yes, remove one melee. No air-line.

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You have helped me greatly with many jewelry decisions. Now, I am having another delimma. The CAD for my jacket came out beautiful. Only one problem is that my diamond stud is not big enough, so there is an air-line that seems to be too big. Before the CAD was started, I did some rough calculations and expected a thin air-line. Now, with prongs and spacing, the air-line turns out to be a bit bigger than anticipated.

The questions are 1. Is this air-line acceptable? 2. Should I remove one melee in the jacket to eliminate the air-line? What would you do?

14x0.02ct.jpg

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Re: Would you remove one melee in jacket to eliminate air-li

FancyDiamond|1318825444|3041811 said:
You have helped me greatly with many jewelry decisions. Now, I am having another delimma. The CAD for my jacket came out beautiful. Only one problem is that my diamond stud is not big enough, so there is an air-line that seems to be too big. Before the CAD was started, I did some rough calculations and expected a thin air-line. Now, with prongs and spacing, the air-line turns out to be a bit bigger than anticipated.

The questions are 1. Is this air-line acceptable? 2. Should I remove one melee in the jacket to eliminate the air-line? What would you do?

to me the airline is not big enough to look purposeful. I either prefer a larger airline or no airline...so I would remove 1 stone.

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Thanks for your input. I have no special intention to have an air-line. If unavoidable, I perfer it to be small, like the one in the photo labled "thin air-line". The other photo that is labeled "big air-line" has an air-line that seems to be representative of my CAD. I think it is too big for me.

Big air-line.png

Thin air-line.png

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock

I can't see an airline the first set of photos. The large airline would not be acceptable to me but as a jacket and if it is symmetrical all around .. I would be ok. I have tsavorites that I wear with jackets forming a super large airline. It looks very nice on the ear.

slg47

Ideal_Rock

I actually think I was having trouble visualizing the size of the airline since the background is grey. Now that I look at it again, I mostly see it in the first photo but I think that is because of the angle. I think an airline of this size would be OK but it depends on what you want.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

I'd remove it.

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Let me try to magnify the photo.

CAD with air-line.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I would not want an airline. I'd want the stud to fit perfectly and sit slightly above the halo.

Just curious, is custom size a lot more expensive than stock jackets? Or are you setting the diamonds in the settings so that they are not removable? Brian Gavin makes jackets a lot like these. I'd be interested to know who is making yours.

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

diamondseeker2006|1318856435|3041931 said:
I would not want an airline. I'd want the stud to fit perfectly and sit slightly above the halo.

Just curious, is custom size a lot more expensive than stock jackets? Or are you setting the diamonds in the settings so that they are not removable? Brian Gavin makes jackets a lot like these. I'd be interested to know who is making yours.

Thanks for your recommendation. I am very tossed between the two choices. I love the jacket design as is, but wish my diamonds were a tad bigger, so the air-line would be thinner and less noticeable. Unfortunately, there are no bigger ACA diamond pairs available.

The diamonds are removable. I chose the only available pair of ACA's (largest possible under 0.99ct) to be set in a three-prong Martini studs. The jackets are for providing extra size and bling for special occasions.

I am having WF make my jackets, because 1. I want only ACA diamonds including melees, 2. I prefer bigger melees, and 3. I like WF's workmanship and customer service. I also like the hearts design in WF version better. Lastly, if I decide to go with no air-line, then having WF design the jackets is another plus (a benefit that I did not expect or anticipate).

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I don't like an airline, but your looks really really small on these jackets - to my eyes anyway.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results