shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you please send some PS dust for my kitty...

gemdandy

Shiny_Rock
Dust for your kitty!

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Yssie said:
:appl: :appl: :appl:

Our boy was very ill with hepatitis, and the initial prognosis was poor, but a year later he's right as rain with no residual damage, so it certainly can and does happen isaku!

Well, we're not out of the woods yet, it appears. His appetite has slowed and even with the different meds he's getting, our Sammy is becoming lethargic again.

I phoned our vet clinic this morning, but everyone was busy so I left a message for either a vet or even 'our' technician to call us back.

There is a note at the bottom of the hospital instructions page which states that all patients MUST be seen by their regular vet as soon as possible.

I think we need a little more DUST... :((

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
More ***healthy kitty dust***. He seemed like he was doing so much better...I hope this is just a tiny little set back that he
will shortly overcome. Keeping my fingers crossed that he is eating on his own soon.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
More {{{DUST}}} for Sammy....thinking of him and you, Isaku.

gemdandy

Shiny_Rock
Have you tried feeding your kitty turkey flavored baby food? I've heard that some cats will eat canned pumpkin too. Prescription Hills a/d recovery formula cat food is very enticing also.

More dust sent.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Blackpaw said:
More {{{DUST}}} for Sammy....thinking of him and you, Isaku.

Thanks to everyone who has sent hugs and dust. Sammy and I really appreciate it. :appl: :wavey:

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
gemdandy said:
Have you tried feeding your kitty turkey flavored baby food? I've heard that some cats will eat canned pumpkin too. Prescription Hills a/d recovery formula cat food is very enticing also.

More dust sent.

Thanks for the 'diet variation ideas', gemdandy. We've tried the Hill's A/D recovery formula, but that was a no go. Maybe we'll have better luck with the turkey flavoured baby food and/or the canned pumpkin. I'll certainly give them a try too.

DH brought home some milk thistle at noon today. I read the label which cautioned against giving it to 'anyone' with liver problems so back it went.

His favourite since he arrived home has been his Hill's c/d dry food. Right now it's a little of everything including water by the syringe full. He has urinated, but so far no BM. Tonight he got Lactulose for that.

Poor little guy! I feel so sorry for putting him through all this. :(sad

gemdandy

Shiny_Rock
HUGS! I hope the vet called you back by now!!!

Good luck with the food sources. The Gerber Turkey (with just turkey and broth - no garlic or onion powder) might just do the trick!

gemdandy

Shiny_Rock
I don't know what your vet prescribed for him, but Mirtazapine is a prescription medicine that really seems to stimulate an appetite!

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
The drug he's taking to stimulate his appetite is Cyproheptadine once a day. Thanks for asking. :wavey:

He seems to be getting better every day, although strangely, today he wanted to be syringe fed. He rejected both his canned food and his kibble :confused: . No day is the same, it seems. We're prepared to do whatever it takes. :bigsmile:

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Thank God for some good news. I hope that he continues to improve. I understand being willing to do whatever it takes!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results