shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you marry Prince William?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

widget

Ideal_Rock
The sapphire/royalty thread got me thinking...

I remember actually FEELING SORRY for Diana on her wedding day.

Different times, different prince

If it were me, and I were in love, I don''t know how I could refuse....but wow....I''d sure have my misgivings...

Would you do it?

widget

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think Prince William is a bit more appealing than his Dad (no offense), so yes, I''d probably have to try it! Just THINK of the jewelry you''d get to wear!
30.gif
That alone would make it worth it!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Heck no. I would not marry into royalty. I am not a good little conformer girl and too opionated and strong willed to enter such a marriage. I think Diana became that way later on and she was miserable. But that was a sham of a marriage to start with.

I keep reading about the prince William thing and I feel sorry for that girl and wonder if she knows what she is getting into. All the jewels and money in the world would not make me want that life.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it makes a tremendous difference if the two people really love each other, which was clearly not the case with Diana and Charles. She might have been happy if he had really loved her. Hopefully William''s girlfriend will know if he really loves her before agreeing to marry him. I think I could get used to the lifestyle just fine if the prince really loved me!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
No way. I don''t even really want people looking at me as I walk down the aisle, so I could NEVER be comfortable in the limelight. I''m very private, so I would have a hard time doing it even if I loved the man very much.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it would be a *very* difficult life. I also think the same about celebs but at least they chose to be in the spotlight where royalty was born into it. I personally would not want to be famous in any capacity.

widget

Ideal_Rock
But how many young women in their early twenties could resist getting swept into the glamor, excitement, lifestyle, etc etc?? I''m sure I couldn''t have...

If my daughter were being courted by the Prince of Wales, I''d be totally freaked....

widget

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/31/2007 3:42:16 PM
Author: widget
But how many young women in their early twenties could resist getting swept into the glamor, excitement, lifestyle, etc etc?? I''m sure I couldn''t have...

If my daughter were being courted by the Prince of Wales, I''d be totally freaked....

widget

Ick. I could resist it. Easily. I don''t think I would be able to conform enough to live that type of lifestyle. The little bit of glamor and fun would be completely overrided by the incessant media coverage!

*M*

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2007 3:07:58 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I think Prince William is a bit more appealing than his Dad (no offense), so yes, I''d probably have to try it! Just THINK of the jewelry you''d get to wear!
30.gif
That alone would make it worth it!

He is very good looking; I think he seems to take after Diane more than his father (behavior wise).

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2007 3:42:16 PM
Author: widget

widget

I could have happily!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I couldn''t do it. For a day maybe, but not for the rest of my life.

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
his girlfriend has been "groomed" for the past few years for the role. she is an old girlfriend since university.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
He''s yummy, but can he remain faithful?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
If they are in love they have a better shot. It does take a certain type of person to live in that fishbowl. Diana was lovely but not seemingly tough or strong enough. Kate might be different, but one still gives up a lot to live that life...even with all the perks, I would think long and hard about giving my privacy up so totally. Hopefully he is not like his father, in terms of marrying someone for their pedigree and breeding and not for love, though I doubt love has played a large part in royal matches historically.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I probably could stay with him for a while but not forever. It would be fun to see how royalty really live and I''d get to be a fly on the wall for a lot of things I would otherwise not see.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
What an intriguing question.

If I were 21 I think I would go for it cause it is irresistable and the glamour and so on would be overwhelming. I remember being a young gal and watching Diana get married and thinking how fabulous it was and what a dream and so on. Little did I know.

Diana had a disaster on her hands from the start; I don''t think it was her fault really. Poor thing.

If I were head over heels in love and it was a real bone fide love relationship I would do it, knowing that for every disadvantage to being in the royal stranglehold, there was most likely a corresponding advantage.

It is a fishbowl, but a 24 ct gold one. You might lose your privacy, but you would gain the ability to create change in the lives of many unfortunate people in England. In life there is never perfection so I think I would try to look for the good parts and there are many to be found.

Plus, if I turned it down I think I would never get over "what if."

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
if i were in my 20''s being courted by a prince, I definitely would have jumped right in and probably loved it. I wouldn''t have thought at all about the long term future, but that was me in my late teen''s early 20''s. I think if I knew he loved me, i would have had a hard time saying no.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
In her place, I''m sure I would. Having seen and heard how things can unfold, the restrictions put on you, etc, it might make me think twice now!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No way.

I don't know if KM is the one.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
He already asked me - I said no
9.gif
31.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/1/2007 12:33:21 PM
Author: Maisie
9.gif
31.gif
HI:

You too, Maise????
2.gif
I said no b/c of the future FIL. He''d be just too much to handle.............

cheers--Shaon

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2007 12:33:21 PM
9.gif
31.gif
ROFL-good one.
Seriously, I could not handle the scrutiny of that life.

widget

Ideal_Rock
I said no b/c of the future FIL. He''d be just too much to handle.............

cheers--Shaon
Actually, it would be my FGMIL that would worry me!
1.gif

widget

lizzyd

Shiny_Rock
I''m pretty sure that once he becomes king, his wife will have to walk a few steps behind him, and address him as "Your Royal Highness" or "Your Highness", at least whenever others are present.

Also, since he is the head of the church, if she ever wants out of the marraige, he could refuse her the divorce (kings of England are not supposed to be divorced, or marry a divorcee since it''s against church rules).

I could never prostrate myself to such a degree to another human being who is no better or worse than I. Even if I loved him.

This is probably why it took me until I was 37 years old to find my one and only :)

Best,

LizzyD

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2007 3:54:31 PM
Author: lizzyd
I''m pretty sure that once he becomes king, his wife will have to walk a few steps behind him, and address him as ''Your Royal Highness'' or ''Your Highness'', at least whenever others are present.

Also, since he is the head of the church, if she ever wants out of the marraige, he could refuse her the divorce (kings of England are not supposed to be divorced, or marry a divorcee since it''s against church rules).

I could never prostrate myself to such a degree to another human being who is no better or worse than I. Even if I loved him.

This is probably why it took me until I was 37 years old to find my one and only :)

Best,

LizzyD
Well lets hope Charles never makes it to the throne then!

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2007 5:11:36 PM

Date: 4/1/2007 3:54:31 PM
Author: lizzyd
I''m pretty sure that once he becomes king, his wife will have to walk a few steps behind him, and address him as ''Your Royal Highness'' or ''Your Highness'', at least whenever others are present.

Best,

LizzyD
Well lets hope Charles never makes it to the throne then!
actually she gets crowned queen consort. she will be an HRH also.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
well, assuming I wasn''t too old for the kid LOL I would marry him if I *loved* him and I was certain he loved me. Ultimately that''s what it is all about and if there were love I''d weather the trials and enjoy the tribulations. Hopefully the boy''s family will not stand in the way of him choosing who he actually cares for like they did with charles. Caused so much heartache and he ended up with camilla anyway.

Incidentally... I always thought william was way more handsome than poor homely harry but of late harry is really coming into his own and poor william has passed his prime! Harry is actually quite handsome!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Humm........he''s good looking, wealthy, powerful, seemingly nice personality w/ the ability to laugh...........no brainer except his too young!
2.gif

And, yeah - my beef at my ripe old age would be THE inlaws. In my 20''s, I don''t know if I would have gave it huge thoughts.

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/31/2007 7:11:33 PM
Author: Harriet
He''s yummy, but can he remain faithful?
Why ''he''? Shouldn''t that apply to ''she'' as well? If this is a throwback to Charles being unfaithful, remeber that Diana was as well. It makes no difference if Charles did it first....two wrongs don''t make a right.

As for marrying Prince William - I could never do it. Marriage takes a lot of hard word as it is - imagine if the entire British press was involved!?

I used to think that Prince William was better looking that Prince Harry but now as they are both getting older, I think Harry is waaaay better looking. To me, William is starting to look old. I reckon he looks a lot like his Uncle Prince Edward, especially with the thinning hairline.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
NO WAY would I marry into royalty. I have absolutely no desire to live in a fishbowl with photogs there to shoot every non-graceful move, document every 3 pounds up or down, pick apart my fashion sense -- spending habits, work habits, etc.

I was horrified when I read that Camilla "only worked" (around, I can''t remember the exact number) 300 some days a year. I''m no fan of Camilla''s, but come ON! I don''t think most people work more than that between weekends and holidays, not to mention sick days.

I don''t know, I just think if the press likes someone who marries into royalty they build them up to this inhuman stature, then gleefully find something to knock them off the pedestal with. If the press doesn''t like them from the beginning they make their life a miserable hell.

I think Andrew and Fergie loved each other, and had they not been so in the public eye, they might have actually had a chance to make their marriage work. And he was the "lesser" royal. Can you imagine being married to Prince William, the first born son of Dianna the (in death) goddess? There''s just no way.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results