shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you help me find this dress?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
This is the dress I picked out last weekend at Brides for Breast Cancer. A lot of their dresses are samples or come donated from bridal salons. Some are from fashion shows, and some are donated from previous owners. The lady there told me this one looked like it had been from a fashion show, because the tags had been taken out. But she said it didn't even look like a model had worn it, because usually the dresses will have makeup or dirt or tanning stuff on them on the inside, and this one is so clean.

The only tag on the inside is a tiny one at the zipper that has a number - either a 6 or a 9. It's a size 10, so I don't know what the number is, unless it's a 9 and it's a dress from the Juniors section!
2.gif
Har har.
3.gif

Anyway, with so many talented diggers on PS (I've seen your work!
36.gif
), I was wondering if yall would help me try to find the maker of this dress. You can even give me advice on how to start searching, or where I should start, because I have no clue. (If it's from a show, is it possible that it wouldn't even be on a gown maker's website?)

I appreciate any help!! Even if you guys can just guide me on how to start the search. TIA!!
1.gif

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
The basic description is the bodice has layers (flaps) of lace and solid fabric. The solid fabric layers have beading in random horizontal lines across them (the different lines have breaks in them, they don''t wrap all the way around). There are 4 big layers of crinoline underneath. I''m not sure what the official length name of the train is (cathedral, etc.) - I need to measure it. There are buttoms down the back from the top of the bodice to the bottom of the hem. (
9.gif
)

Mediterranean

Brilliant_Rock
Pretty! The number inside the dress is probably to denote the order in which the dress would have gone down the runway if it were to have been shown. Assistants mark looks w/numbers so they can rack up and get models changed quickly. Your train looks chapel-length from these shots, but I am mystified as to the designer....hmmmm...

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2009 2:15:08 PM
Author: Mediterranean
Pretty! The number inside the dress is probably to denote the order in which the dress would have gone down the runway if it were to have been shown. Assistants mark looks w/numbers so they can rack up and get models changed quickly. Your train looks chapel-length from these shots, but I am mystified as to the designer....hmmmm...
Thanks for the info - interesting! Yeah the train is quite long - I''m even standing on a stool in that shot of the back. It''s a lot longer than what I was looking for, but it''s starting to grow on me. I''ve got time, so not gonna chop it off just yet.
5.gif

I didn''t know that about the numbers in a show. It''s a tiny little tag, and it looks like it was sewn in there just like a normal garment tag is. It''s right at the zipper in the back. But there are no other normal garment tags inside the dress to be found. All the others I tried on had them, so we could usually at least find out the designer.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
The woman with the BFBC tour just looked at the price tag (which only shows the sale price, no original price - most other dresses showed an original price) and said that she could tell (somehow, I never figured out how) that the dress came from Brides magazine, or Brides.com - can't remember which she said. I looked on the website, but there are soooo many dresses there, even when filtering some, I got sick and tired of looking after a couple hundred.
24.gif

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm... can any of you just tell me how you go about starting to search for a dress when you''ve found them for people on here before? Do you just google something, or do you have certain places you look first?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 10:51:20 PM
Author: luvthemstrawberries
Hmmm... can any of you just tell me how you go about starting to search for a dress when you''ve found them for people on here before? Do you just google something, or do you have certain places you look first?

Often I start looking at designer''s websites that have similar looks, or conversely I do look on Brides.com and filter by style. But honestly usually we have at least a bit more information about it...this one might take awhile unless someone recognizes it.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2009 11:02:45 AM
Author: neatfreak

Often I start looking at designer''s websites that have similar looks, or conversely I do look on Brides.com and filter by style. But honestly usually we have at least a bit more information about it...this one might take awhile unless someone recognizes it.
Thanks, haha I understand. I wish I had more info too, because my curiosity does make me want to find out more. But I have nothing else, literally! But I love it anyway.
1.gif

Barcelona

Shiny_Rock
Do you know what the dress originally cost? That might help narrow it down. Also what type of fabric? Certain designers only work in certain fabrics. You might also want to post on The Dress board on The Knot. I''m sure someone might know there.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 6:35:30 PM
Author: Barcelona
Do you know what the dress originally cost? That might help narrow it down. Also what type of fabric? Certain designers only work in certain fabrics. You might also want to post on The Dress board on The Knot. I''m sure someone might know there.
Thanks Barcelona! I''ll try that. I don''t know the fabric but my Mom might - I''ll ask her. I don''t know much about the difference in fabrics, and there are no garment tags inside the dress whatsoever. And the tag for this particular dress didn''t have an original price on it - the field was left blank. That was strange too b/c most of the others did have original prices and sale prices written on the tags.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! I was curious which one you chose! I do think this one is the prettiest of the ones you posted!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2009 4:58:31 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Very pretty! I was curious which one you chose! I do think this one is the prettiest of the ones you posted!
Thank you diamondseeker! I looked at it again yesterday in the bag, hehe, and it''s so pretty up close with the detail!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results