shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you give up all your diamonds and other gems

Would you give up all your bling for any of the following?

• 1. World peace

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • 2. For equality for all

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • 3. For the well being of animals all over

• 4. Ensuring the good health of my loved ones

Votes: 21 40.4%
  • 5. To bring someone back who is deceased

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • 6. Fill in the blank

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • 7. Nope. Not for anything or anyone

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would you give up all your bling for any of the following? And if so you can only choose one.

1. World peace.
2. For equality for all.
3. For the well being of all animals all over.
4. Ensuring the good health of loved ones.
5. To bring someone back who is deceased.
6. Fill in the blank.
7. Nope, I’d never give up my bling. Not for anything or anyone.

What say you?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
7CF7C6AF-8203-43B3-A899-1579D51E2896.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My answer varies on the day. Right now I’m going to be selfish and choose bringing back a loved one. Francesca specifically. She was only 10 when she died. I’d do almost anything to get her back. Giving up all my bling is nothing compared to imo any of the above choices. :(

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d give it all up (and then some) to have my deceased loved ones back... ♥

Great minds. I just chose the same. ❤️

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Slick1 uh oh. Are we virtue signaling?
:doh: :lol-2:
I don’t care if we are. It’s the truth. Beings over things. Especially animals! ❤

Back to the poll. Which choice is most important to you (proverbial you) if any?

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Slick1 uh oh. Are we virtue signaling?
:doh: :lol-2:
I don’t care if we are. It’s the truth. Beings over things. Especially animals! ❤

Back to the poll. Which choice is most important to you (proverbial you) if any?

Oh no! I hope I am not virtue signaling. I truly would do almost anything to have my loved ones back with me. Beings over things. Love it!! ♥️

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I put fill in the blank. I wouldn't need such grand reasons at all. If it helped someone in my family, or I wanted to treat my family to something, I'd do it in a heartbeat. I don't have a great collection at all, but I'd have the memories.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd happily give all my bling for 1-4.

5 is a concept that's too vague for me. My loved ones who died were severely ill very old before they passed. Bringing them back to comfort me isn't fair. And for how long? Too many unknown points.

Yelena

Shiny_Rock
Would you give up all your bling for any of the following? And if so you can only choose one.

1. World peace.
2. For equality for all.
6. Fill in the blank.

What say you?

I’m choosing No.6 because it gives me the freedom to choose options 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 all at once

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote 5, I'd bring my mom back, it's hard living nearly a whole life without a mother.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I would do anything to ensure my loved ones are healthy.

I'd like to say 3 as well but I eat meat and dairy so it would be hypocritical.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
Yes for most, seems like a small price to pay. Jewelry has no "value" to me other than it can be sentimental (ER, wedding ring, gifts from my mom) and that it is pretty.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote 5, I'd bring my mom back, it's hard living nearly a whole life without a mother.

I’m with you. I lost my mother when I was 5. I would give anything to know her.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1. World peace - it will never happen, as someone somewhere always wants more than the others.
2. For equality for all - same as World Peace.
3. For the well being of all animals all over - someone somewhere always believes he/she is better than other people, let alone animals.
4. Ensuring the good health of loved ones - everyone grows old eventually.
5. To bring someone back who is deceased - I would only argue and fight with my late partner until one of us is dead! Hence I prefer to remember the good times with him.
6. Fill in the blank - N/A.
7. Nope, I’d never give up my bling. Not for anything or anyone - this is what I voted for.

DK :))

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If giving up my bling could magically bring about the adoption of policies that would end homelessness, then it would be worthwhile.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I’d give it up for any of the above. Nice jewelry is very fun and delightful but it is not what’s important in life.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When Ninja died I had the thought that I would give all my jewelry if only he could be restored to life. So yes, I'd absolutely give up the bling, it's just stuff. But as the song goes, "All your money won't another minute buy".

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

1. World peace.
2. For equality for all.
6. Fill in the blank.

What say you?

Is this a miss universe question?

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If giving up my bling could magically bring about the adoption of policies that would end homelessness, then it would be worthwhile.

@missy, sorry, threadjack ahead, my apologies. Would you mind elaborating a bit @pearlsngems ?

I have had this discussion with my children often when we see a homeless person. Here in France we have many many policies in place: no evictions possible whatsoever between November and March, (no evictions possible at all in 2020 due to Covid) , public shelters, public housing, housing programs for minors, housing programs for seniors, public welfare, free healthcare for people on welfare, financial aid for different educational programs. If one fills out paperwork correctly, anyone can get minimum aid & a home. Yet there are still homeless people in the streets. I am afraid mental illness or trauma is a big factor. Policies don't seem to help on that front unfortunately.

I'm not talking about party politics, just curious what you mean, what you think it would taken to end homelessness.
I don not mean to be political, @Ella , please remove and accept my apologies if this is against ps policies.

I thought about this question for a while. I considered giving up my bling to bring back a loved one, but... though I’ve lost someone incredibly close to me who I still miss every single day a decade later, I know they are in some way in a better place now. So if I was to give up my bling to bring them back, I’d want to bring them back without the issues that caused them to pass away in the first place, or I’m condemning them to a life of suffering.

I’m exceptionally sentimental, and while I strongly believe (and champion) “equality of opportunity” for all, I’m going to be a horrible person and say that there are some pieces with a lot of sentimental value that I’m not willing to give up even for world equality or ending world hunger or ensuring education for all. Though, now that I think of it, I think I would if it truly meant the end of those issues. But it would be real wrench.

I think the thing I’d be most likely to do it for would be to ascertain good health for all my loved ones. If I could guarantee all my loved ones would live long lives in the pink of health (physical and mental) to slip away peacefully in their sleep one day at 95+ I think I would be willing to give up even the sentimental pieces even if I’d mourn losing them.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

#5: To have my Dad back for longer--he died at 50 years of age.
#6: And to have happiness and contentment for my DS.
#2 for sure.

cheers--Sharon

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Maybe I've watched too many horror movies, but I would be worried that my changing the course of history would have unforeseen consequences. The Butterfly Effect and all that. I'd be afraid to mettle in the grand scheme of the universe even if on a personal level I'd trade my bling for one of the items on your list.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe I've watched too many horror movies, but I would be worried that my changing the course of history would have unforeseen consequences. The Butterfly Effect and all that. I'd be afraid to mettle in the grand scheme of the universe even if on a personal level I'd trade my bling for one of the items on your list.

I thought about that but this is how much I miss my little girl. I would take that chance. And hope it doesn't mess up the grand scheme of things. Of course it's all hypothetical and there is zero chance of bringing her back. But I like to dream. And for just a moment I feel at peace thinking of her back with us.

“Love is stronger than death even though it can’t stop death from happening, but no matter how hard death tries it can’t separate people/animals from love. It can’t take away our memories either. In the end, life is stronger than death.”

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results