shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you get married for $40??

If you knew of the $40 wedding in advance, would you consider it or do it?

• No, I would not consider it, therefore I would not do it.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Please just show me the answers- HEY! I''m curious..!

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
I saw this on CNN today. I think it''s wonderful! And, after all the cr*p we have to deal with, I would maybe consider it! lol
I''d probably take it a step further and ask my guests to make a donation instead of a gift too... hmm.. I guess it''s not too late for that either.

$40 Wedding Linky

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You might not be getting many responses since the video is kind of slow to upload, here''s a link

http://www.40-40-40.com/

Personally, I wouldn''t because my husband and his family are religious and as good of a cause as it is, they''d still be upset that it wasn''t in a Catholic church. Also, I can''t really say I can see the appeal of having a wedding reception with a roomful of strangers and camera men. I''m kind of on the shy side, so I probably would just go home with the new hubby after the ceremony and have a private, intimate dinner or meet up with friends and family at a casual dinner place to celebrate the event.

If I was going to go to the Justice of the Peace anyways though, I think this would be a fun option just to see all the other couples all dressed up!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
I think I would seriously consider this if it was local. I know FI would probably like it - cheap, elegant, easy, and quick! Plus you have a valid reason to cap your guests at 60!
3.gif

bride09

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/17/2009 8:53:09 AM
Author: swedish bean
Thoughts anyone?
I''m actually one of the brides that was married during this event. All of the weddings were very private including the reception and it went according to your guest list. You were even able to personalize it by having your own music and doing a seating chart with favors. It was absolutley BEAUTIFUL. The guests said it looked as if we spent thousands. I''m very pleased and blessed to be able to put my $10k (originally set aside for my April wedding) back in the bank...Lol

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I don''t get it. Who paid for the weddings? Where could 40 receptions be held?

bride09

Rough_Rock
The ceremony/reception was held at The Marriott and they had different rooms set up and you rotated. As you were leaving the reception room another bride''s ceremony was starting but you never saw the other guests or bride. You felt as if you were the only bride there. They are having another wed-a-thon next year.

Date: 11/19/2009 11:53:25 AM
Author: bride09
The ceremony/reception was held at The Marriott and they had different rooms set up and you rotated. As you were leaving the reception room another bride''s ceremony was starting but you never saw the other guests or bride. You felt as if you were the only bride there. They are having another wed-a-thon next year.

Cool.. thanks for letting us know!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/18/2009 2:59:06 AM
Author: bride09
Date: 11/17/2009 8:53:09 AM

Author: swedish bean

Thoughts anyone?
I''m actually one of the brides that was married during this event. All of the weddings were very private including the reception and it went according to your guest list. You were even able to personalize it by having your own music and doing a seating chart with favors. It was absolutley BEAUTIFUL. The guests said it looked as if we spent thousands. I''m very pleased and blessed to be able to put my $10k (originally set aside for my April wedding) back in the bank...Lol

Ahhh...that makes more sense. I would do it then
1.gif
As long as the food was excellent! Although my husband and his family would probably still prefer a Catholic church despite the charitable intentions.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results