shape
carat
color
clarity

would you feel comfortable with strangers...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 7:49:38 AM
Author: neatfreak
Are these truly strangers or people you have met before at other club meetings? If the latter - it doesn''t bother me. The former bothers me a bit.

Ditto.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I''m a member of a service club and we do hold meetings in our homes, so it doesn''t bother me too much, I guess - but -
a) I already know all of the members
b) If there is a new member, they are invited by an old member (so not really "strangers", even if I don''t know the knew member)
c) In our chapter, if a member does not want to hold the meeting at their house, they choose a location in the public (say, Panera or a library), which is actually something that we encourage, because that gives us more visibility/publicity
d) Our meetings are not advertised publicly - to attend, you have to contact a member

If any of these situations were different, I''d definitely feel differently about opening my home for a meeting. OH - and the other thing is that your Koi club is a special interest group - I think it would kinda creep me out knowing that I''m inviting people to my home who have an interest in something that I own, unless I knew those people.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Nope, not comfortable. I also admit I don''t clean/organize as often as I should (looks like we have something in common AGBF!). It''s one thing if it''s family or friends..and we do have a guest room, but other than that I am uncomfortable with people I don''t know in my home. I don''t even like having the apartment''s maintenance men come by, or delivery people coming to deliver. It all makes me uncomfortable. You know we had a pizza guy walk in once and start making conversation with guests? Wow that was weird/unusual!
6.gif
I assume he was just trying to be nice which is fine, but it definitely went beyond my comfort zone to have him walk in like that.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results