shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you be upset if you didn't receive a ..

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Dancing Fire, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Dancing Fire
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Dancing Fire » Jun 16, 2019
    25th anniversary gift from your husband?

2. TooPatient
    Ideal_Rock

by TooPatient » Jun 16, 2019
    Briefly. The jewelry project that followed would be large enough to distract from the upset...

3. mellowyellowgirl
    Ideal_Rock

by mellowyellowgirl » Jun 16, 2019
    No. I assume he'd run out of things to buy me by then since I've got a worm farm and a new compost bin already.

I'm very difficult to buy for: no clothes, no bags, no shoes, no holidays unless I know where we're going, no restaurant bookings unless I know what I'm eating.

I wouldn't even trust him to buy watermelon so definitely no jewellery.

bling_dream19, lambskin, caf and 4 others like this.
  4. dk168
    Ideal_Rock

by dk168 » Jun 16, 2019
    I buy my own jewellery, this way, I do not get disappointed.

DK :lol-2:

JmeeMrie, arkieb1, whitewave and 4 others like this.

5. BMI
    Rough_Rock

by BMI » Jun 16, 2019
    A couple dozen long stem white or red roses and a card would suffice for me.

6. diamondringlover
    Ideal_Rock

by diamondringlover » Jun 16, 2019
    no we dont buy anything for anniversary's anymore....

lambskin and LisaRN like this.
  7. missy
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by missy » Jun 16, 2019
    Heck yeah. Though we rarely exchange gifts on the actual date. But we would remember the date and do something special together. Even if it is just a quiet romantic dinner at home. It's not the gift but the celebration of being together. Every day with my dh is a special day and I cherish every moment knowing how fragile life is and how fleeting time is. The gift is our time together. Every single precious moment.

8. Tekate
    Ideal_Rock

by Tekate » Jun 16, 2019
    no, I'd buy one myself.

eapj, cflutist, AV_ and 1 other person like this.
  9. StephanieLynn
    Ideal_Rock

by StephanieLynn » Jun 16, 2019
    Wouldn't be upset about not receiving a present but if there was no acknowledgement of the day then THAT would hurt my feelings and make me upset.

10. joelly
    Brilliant_Rock

by joelly » Jun 16, 2019
    I prefer the acknowledgement of the anniversary than any gifts. Any gifts after the acknowledgment will be bonus.

11. LisaRN
    Ideal_Rock

by LisaRN » Jun 16, 2019
    Not at all. I would be disappointed if there wasn't a conversation about it though. Such as "I was thinking about our anniversary......" and was planning on a cook-out or going out to eat with the kids.

12. kayla17
    Brilliant_Rock

by kayla17 » Jun 16, 2019
    Yes! 25 years is a long time and I would want something to celebrate it. Not necessarily bling, but flowers, a card, a nice dinner out. They are all gifts in my opinion.

Daisys and Diamonds likes this.
  13. MissStepcut
    Brilliant_Rock

by MissStepcut » Jun 16, 2019
    Every year my husband has to remind me when our anniversary is, so hard to see me getting mad.

lambskin and AV_ like this.
  14. Bron357
    Ideal_Rock

by Bron357 » Jun 16, 2019
    Not at all. I will be getting a lovey 25th wedding anniversary gift when the time comes. Just as I get lovely birthday presents and a Christmas gifts.
    I buy them.:lol:

eapj likes this.
  15. bludiva
    Brilliant_Rock

by bludiva » Jun 16, 2019
    We dont exchabge gifts and we'll be in our mid 60s by then so i hope we'll be enjoying a nice active retirement full of adventures :kiss2:

16. pearlsngems
    Brilliant_Rock

by pearlsngems » Jun 17, 2019
    We buy our own anniversary gifts. Also birthday and Christmas gifts.

But we always exchange cards that we have hunted for carefully, always write mushy stuff in the cards, and always have a nice meal. Often we go out for the meal, but some years I just buy some nice steaks or seafood and cook at home.

Daisys and Diamonds, cflutist and AV_ like this.
  17. lyra
    Ideal_Rock

by lyra » Jun 17, 2019
    My 25th anniversary gift is the reason I joined PS in the first place, lol.:P2 Let me put it this way, when it comes to gifts, I want jewelry. If not jewelry, I will specify what I want. Heck, even with jewelry, I will specify exactly too. Maybe I'm a control freak. I think of it more as being "practical". If you're going to spend money on me, I want to get the best deal for the budget. At 25 years, there's a lot of history already there. Tons of spontaneous gifts along the way. We are open communicators. He buys Italian leather shoes, I want jewelry.:mrgreen2:

angeljosephy and Crazie4Cuts like this.
  18. lambskin
    Ideal_Rock

by lambskin » Jun 17, 2019
    Not into luxury anymore. So we usually buy something that we need for the house.

19. Austina
    Ideal_Rock

by Austina » Jun 17, 2019
    I got a untreated 4.56ct hot pink sapphire with 1.25ct tapered baguette diamond ring in platinum for our 25th anniversary. I pointed to it and said “that’s what I’d like” and he said “get it” :lol:

20. kipari
    Brilliant_Rock

by kipari » Jun 18, 2019
    Yep, I'd be pretty annoyed with myself. Since I told my DH "please don't get any expensive jewelry as a surprise for me, I'd rather research for myself" , he has followed my wish. So entirely my fault if I don't get anything (very unlikely this should slip my mind though :lol-2: )

21. cflutist
    Ideal_Rock

by cflutist » Jun 18, 2019
    Not at all, we really don't exchange gifts on our anniversary, but might BBQ USDA Prime grade ribeye steaks.
    Will be celebrating our next anniversary on a 20-night cruise to Greenland, Iceland, Ireland, Scotland, and the Faroe Islands.
    As far as jewelry is concerned, hubby knows not to buy me anything, although I run all my purchases by him first.

Dancing Fire and AV_ like this.
  22. Daisys and Diamonds
    Brilliant_Rock

by Daisys and Diamonds » Jun 20, 2019
    we arnt married so no anniversary present for me
    every year on mum and dad's anniversary my dad would? not a word of a lie send mum a bunch of flowers so big it filled every vase in the house
    so when she died many years after dad, we told the florist no budget just the biggest flowers ever
    it was so large it had to go to the cemetry it in own herse because it wouldn't fit in with mum
    otherwise mum and dad never seemed to do much gifting to each other - it was always family stuff or stuff they needed like sox and undies
    but for their 25th anniversary he did give her a pearl stierling silver bracelet
    i think a silver wedding anniversary is a tremendous achievement and to achknowlede that with a sentimental gift is kind of expected

23. arkieb1
    Ideal_Rock

by arkieb1 » Jun 20, 2019
    Nope, I'll just get something I like for myself.

24. LLJsmom
    Ideal_Rock

by LLJsmom » Jun 20, 2019
    Yes. I would be upset if he did not agree to whatever I chose.

missy and kipari like this.
  25. CHRISTY-DANIELLE
    Brilliant_Rock

by CHRISTY-DANIELLE » Jun 20, 2019
    That milestone is this year for us, and we both are excited to celebrate it. He bought me an anniversary ring ( that is so so special to me) And we are planning a romantic vacation in August. Just the two of us exploring, relaxing, being together. 25 years is a big deal. That's a lot of growing up, learning, life experiences good and bad. Yet here we are, still together, still in love. :roll2:

bling_dream19 and DiamondGal28 like this.