shape
carat
color
clarity

Would you attend a wedding at this time?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
This!! I have one niece who went ahead and booked a wedding for 150 people for next June—indoors. Guess some people are more optimistic? I don’t get it. Her parents are very cautious and conservative regarding the virus but seem to think everything will be fine next June.

It’s just not realistic at all…why create so much stress for yourself and others? It’s disappointing but life doesn’t always go your way, and we figured we just have a huge party for our 10th anniversary!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s just not realistic at all…why create so much stress for yourself and others? It’s disappointing but life doesn’t always go your way, and we figured we just have a huge party for our 10th anniversary!

Trust me! I have voiced my concern but to no avail. We will see. My nephew, on the other hand, paused all his plans for a lavish wedding and instead they bought a house!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @MakingTheGrade I just found out the bride’s mom and some family members are unvaccinated by choice..
Children will be there…
We’re in the substantial level of transmission
I’m old…:lol:
I’m not going..I just don’t have the words to tell her yet..

If you think of the perfect thing to say to your friend before Monday can you please tell me? I mailed our regrets this morning and plan on calling my friend on Monday. I’m nervous because I’ve viewed and reacted to the pandemic the same way you did @MamaBee. My friend hasn’t been concerned about the pandemic at all.

The wedding is going to be large. There is no possible way to know who decided to get vaccinated and who chose not to.

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you think of the perfect thing to say to your friend before Monday can you please tell me? I mailed our regrets this morning and plan on calling my friend on Monday. I’m nervous because I’ve viewed and reacted to the pandemic the same way you did @MamaBee. My friend hasn’t been concerned about the pandemic at all.

The wedding is going to be large. There is no possible way to know who decided to get vaccinated and who chose not to.

@Calliecake..I wish I could say that I know the bride’s mother isn’t vaccinated…I can’t do that without her knowing the other friend told me. I’m planning on sticking to the truth..that I’m not comfortable because of Delta. I’m going to email my doctor and tell her to please tell me not to go…haha We get along great. She will laugh but will do it..Then I will tell my friend my doctor told me I shouldn‘t go. I won’t be lying then...Yes..I’m chicken..

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks @MakingTheGrade I just found out the bride’s mom and some family members are unvaccinated by choice..
Children will be there…
We’re in the substantial level of transmission
I’m old…:lol:
I’m not going..I just don’t have the words to tell her yet..

Its one thing for someone to risk their own safety but quite another to expose others to that risk
judge-judy-facepalm.gif

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do what you have to do to make peace with your decision
But always remember no matter what s*it might go down you are not the one in the wrong and you too @Calliecake
@Calliecake..I wish I could say that I know the bride’s mother isn’t vaccinated…I can’t do that without her knowing the other friend told me. I’m planning on sticking to the truth..that I’m not comfortable because of Delta. I’m going to email my doctor and tell her to please tell me not to go…haha We get along great. She will laugh but will do it..Then I will tell my friend my doctor told me I shouldn‘t go. I won’t be lying then...Yes..I’m chicken..

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the same situation the first weekend in October (my daughter and I would be going), and it involves a 2.5 hr flight each way which adds to the risk factor for us and the wedding guests. All the reservations are made and the rsvp is due by Sept 10, so I have until about the 7th to mail it. I have another friend who is even closer to them, and I think she is going with her daughter and will have an even longer flight. I feel so sad for all these brides. Most having weddings this fall started planning 9 months to a year ago and hoped it would be safe by then. This bride did reduce their total number of guests to 100, so it's kind of an honor to be invited. It's very difficult to have to say no when they came all the way here for our daughter's wedding 2 years ago. Ugh!!!

I am asking my doctor before I make the final decision. Leaning towards no at the moment.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have the same situation the first weekend in October (my daughter and I would be going), and it involves a 2.5 hr flight each way which adds to the risk factor for us and the wedding guests. All the reservations are made and the rsvp is due by Sept 10, so I have until about the 7th to mail it. I have another friend who is even closer to them, and I think she is going with her daughter and will have an even longer flight. I feel so sad for all these brides. Most having weddings this fall started planning 9 months to a year ago and hoped it would be safe by then. This bride did reduce their total number of guests to 100, so it's kind of an honor to be invited. It's very difficult to have to say no when they came all the way here for our daughter's wedding 2 years ago. Ugh!!!

I am asking my doctor before I make the final decision. Leaning towards no at the moment.

It’s awful @diamondseeker2006..Two years ago it was a different world…I flew to Chicago two years ago for her other son’s wedding. She made a comment a few months ago that I wouldn’t have to travel so far this time..Ugh is right.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s awful @diamondseeker2006..Two years ago it was a different world…I flew to Chicago two years ago for her other son’s wedding. She made a comment a few months ago that I wouldn’t have to travel so far this time..Ugh is right.

That's a coincidence because our daughter's wedding was at the end of August 2019. I can't tell you how thankful we were a few months later that we were able to get that wedding done before this disaster. It's very hard to disappoint dear friends. I hate this for you, too!!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's a coincidence because our daughter's wedding was at the end of August 2019. I can't tell you how thankful we were a few months later that we were able to get that wedding done before this disaster. It's very hard to disappoint dear friends. I hate this for you, too!!!

Thank you @diamondseeker2006. That‘s so wonderful your daughter’s wedding was before Covid…
I’m losing sleep over this..I’m sure you’re also upset. My other two friends are going. I don’t understand it at all.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
My aunt attended a wedding two weeks ago where some guests were vaccinated (my aunt among them) and some were not. We have since learned that the wedding was a super spreader event. As of now, 22 people have tested positive, including my aunt. I do not know how many guests were in attendance, but I would think between 100 and 150. @MamaBee @Calliecake @diamondseeker2006 please feel free to cite my story to your friends if you decline the invitation and want to explain.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My aunt attended a wedding two weeks ago where some guests were vaccinated (my aunt among them) and some were not. We have since learned that the wedding was a super spreader event. As of now, 22 people have tested positive, including my aunt. I do not know how many guests were in attendance, but I would think between 100 and 150. @MamaBee @Calliecake @diamondseeker2006 please feel free to cite my story to your friends if you decline the invitation and want to explain.

Oh @OdetteOdile this is dreadful

i hope your aunt has a mild dose and makes a full recovery soon

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

OMG @OdetteOdile! I hope your aunt and guests are okay. Thank you for letting us know!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Same!!! Our son’s wedding was October 2019 and it was literally the last time we have all been together and festive. I do think I will go to my two weddings (September and October) as they are family and a very special family friend. I’ll wear a mask and try to stay away from most.

I mean I will be at work next week in one of the largest middle schools in my state so…

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Same!!! Our son’s wedding was October 2019 and it was literally the last time we have all been together and festive. I do think I will go to my two weddings (September and October) as they are family and a very special family friend. I’ll wear a mask and try to stay away from most.

I mean I will be at work next week in one of the largest middle schools in my state so…

I hope you get your third vaccine before the weddings @Slick1..

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

@OdetteOdile -

How is your aunt doing?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh lordy, @Slick1 - please stay safe!

(...and I just sent you an email!)

:wavey:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds @MamaBee @mrs-b Thank you so much for thinking of my aunt. She is doing well now, but had been sick for several days. Her symptoms were nausea, congestion and severe coughing. She has MS, so we were especially concerned. I'm grateful that she is on the mend.

That’s such good news that she is on the mend..

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Daisys and Diamonds and @OdetteOdile

I’m glad to hear your Aunt is doing well now Odette.

I know my friend is going to say that there is nothing to worry about because I’ve been vaccinated. She knows how I feel so hopefully she will understand. Just the thought of being in a room with over 150 unmasked people makes me feel uncomfortable due to Covid.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
One thing i would personally do, if i were an invitei (is that a ? :lol: word) to a wedding or large gathering i was trying to get out of for literly life and death reasons
i would be very careful how i tell freinds or relations if i was going to use something one of us here on the internet has said
i mean we know we are not wairdoos and are real people with productive lives - but dont give any ammunition to a potentially agreived bride, mother of the bride etc
by all means use our examples but word it so we are 'real' people you do actually know

I mean we know we are not random strangers on the internet but when there is so much misinformation on the internet in general .......

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results