shape
carat
color
clarity

Would u use bm bouquets as....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
your centerpieces at the reception? We are having a cocktail reception so will need small centerpieces for those and we are on a budget so I thought of this the other day. Is it tacky? Or is it a good use of flowers? They wouldn''t otherwise have a banquet table or head table on which to display them as in a traditional sit-down style reception so this sort of figures out the problem of where to put them, too.

Note: We will have some medium and some larger tables as well at which small bm bouquets wouldn''t cut it....so this would just be for the cocktail tables.

I feel as if the bouquets would be on some level a gift and to ask them to use thier gift in this way seems odd and guests could take them home, not realizing they belong to another. But even if I did cheap/chic centerpieces myself for even $15 a table, I''d still have bm bouquets to store somewhere so..........

What do we think? Tacky or Thrifty?

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
I say use them- they are beautiful flowers- why not?

If they don''t work out for centerpieces you can still use them throughout- in vases on the bar, gift, or cake table,
I''m planning to use my bm bouquets on the cake table and mine as decor on the sweetheart table for fi and i.

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
I say use them- they are beautiful flowers- why not?

If they don''t work out for centerpieces you can still use them throughout- in vases on the bar, gift, or cake table,
I''m planning to use my bm bouquets on the cake table and mine as decor on the sweetheart table for fi and i.

Nurseynurse

Rough_Rock
Definitely thirfty not tacky at all
1.gif
That''s a good way to cut cost. I''m sure your bms will understand if they can''t take their flowers home. Maybe give them a small, more personalized DIY gifts instead.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Mine
26.gif

IMG_8458small.JPG

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think its a good idea to use them.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
One bride had our BM bouquets on the cake table until after the cake was cut...

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
here''s mine. i thought it was a great solution.

Wedding418.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
That pic is awesome Jcrow...your photog rocked! Love how you two are dancing in the blurred background.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Definitely use them on the cocktail tables.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
What a great idea! We have an atrium to serve hors d''oeuvres and later cake in and I didn''t really want to spend extra to decorate it! I think we''ll use the BM bouquets in there, and just get pedestals to put them into since we''ll have 6!!!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
I have been to a lot of weddings that did that, and it was great!! I say go for it!!

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, guys, thanks!!! I feel so much more confident about this possible way to be thrifty :) It''s a very funny thing but I''ve never before needed so much validation as I do now when making wedding-relatied choices
33.gif
I know I''m in foreign territory but dang!!!

Y''all are without a doubt a fabulous support team
36.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Sure, why not? They are beautiful flowers, you should use them! I''ll be doing that too with our three bouquets.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
So, no one sees it as giving a gift to them and then dictating how they should use them?

If I don''t use fans, I will definitely be using the 5 bouquets to decorate 5 of the cocktail tables. They will look so fantastic!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2007 7:42:16 PM
Author: So_happy
So, no one sees it as giving a gift to them and then dictating how they should use them?

If I don''t use fans, I will definitely be using the 5 bouquets to decorate 5 of the cocktail tables. They will look so fantastic!!
I would probably bring it up ahead of time...not hand the bouquets to them and say ''don''t mess ''em up, they''re the centerpieces!'' LOL.

I''d probably mention sometime before the wedding that you were thinking the bouquets could double as centerpieces if the BMs wouldn''t mind. I would doubt anyone would be insensitive enough to object! If they do, well that''s the time to know!

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock

As someone who has been in multiple weddings, I have never thought of the flowers as a gift. I see them more as part of the overall wedding deco and, more importantly, something to do with your hands while you are standing in front of all those people.

I have been in a few weddings where our BM boquettes doubled as decorations, and at the end of the day we got to take them if we wanted them. I didn''t ever mind that one bit, and niether did any of the other bridesmaids I have been in weddings with because we didn''t have to keep up with them during the reception. It almost makes more sense for the bridesmaids to have some designated place to set their flowers for the durration of the reception. Otherwise they''d be resting awkwardly on a table. If it happens to add to the decor, then that''s even better.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/8/2007 7:57:04 PM
Author: Fancy605

As someone who has been in multiple weddings, I have never thought of the flowers as a gift. I see them more as part of the overall wedding deco and, more importantly, something to do with your hands while you are standing in front of all those people.

I have been in a few weddings where our BM boquettes doubled as decorations, and at the end of the day we got to take them if we wanted them. I didn''t ever mind that one bit, and niether did any of the other bridesmaids I have been in weddings with because we didn''t have to keep up with them during the reception. It almost makes more sense for the bridesmaids to have some designated place to set their flowers for the durration of the reception. Otherwise they''d be resting awkwardly on a table. If it happens to add to the decor, then that''s even better.
Plus, they can take them later if they want to, and like Fancy said it''s actually easier for them so they don''t clutter up their tables! I''d just tell the girls to give them to whoever sets up at the reception and that they can take them home later if they want them

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results