shape
carat
color
clarity

Would this setting work in yellow gold?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
I really wanted to put the warm colored (P) stone in my avitar in yellow gold but I Adore the below setting. Would this setting be "yuk" in yellow gold? Thanks.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love yellow gold so I would say it won''t look yuk!
9.gif

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I love the setting, I think it would look great with your stone in YG! Can you share where you found it
9.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2009 6:19:36 PM
Author: shimmer
I love the setting, I think it would look great with your stone in YG! Can you share where you found it
9.gif
Ditto! I abolutely adore this setting and I think it would be lovely in YG with a warm diamond!

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Thanks all. I had wanted to keep it very "deco" so to make it yellow seemed a bit contradictory.

Shimmer: It was on a website once as a unique item. No one knows who made it. I''ll have to have it custom made. It is pretty cool, I think. I love the milgraining, split shank and the circle thing on the side.

Thanks all.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous setting and I looooove yellow gold! Please show pics when you have your ring made. I''d love to see how it lokks.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it would look lovely in gold!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
I think with your stone..that setting in yellow would look fab!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I think it would look great!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
3/20/2009 5:53:06 PM
Author:sonomacounty

I really wanted to put the warm colored (P) stone in my avitar in yellow gold but I Adore the below setting. Would this setting be 'yuk' in yellow gold? Thanks.

I think it would be fabulous!!! I love pale yellow to medium yellow stones, but do not at all like dark yellow or canary yellow stones. A pale yellow diamond sounds gorgeous and I love yellow gold. This photo of ring that ma re found and uses as an icon is one of my favorites. It is a yellow sapphire set in 22K gold. It is darker than what you will have with your P colored diamond. I would love your diamond as much, if not more, however. I am a major yellow fan. My daughter's bedroom when she was a baby was all pale yellow: carpets, walls, bedding. Only the trim and the furniture was white!

AGBF
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is the photo of the ring ma re found and uses as an icon.

YellowSapphireIn22KGoldBymare.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/20/2009 6:14:59 PM
Author: Maisie
I love yellow gold so I would say it won''t look yuk!
9.gif
Agreed!

Reenie

Rough_Rock
I think it would be absolutely beautiful in yellow gold. You could always think about leaving the prongs in white or platinum to really show off the colour of the stone and make it pop.

Let us know what you decide.

How exciting!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it would look lovely in yellow gold and even more delightful in rose gold!!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
3/21/2009 4:46:41 AM
Author: kcoursolle

I think it would look lovely in yellow gold and even more delightful in rose gold!!!

kcoursolle, I don''t mean to threadjack this thread, but at 9,693 postings do you know how close you are getting to 10,000 postings? I hope you are ready to eat some cake!

AGBF
34.gif

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Thanks all. You are making me feel more comfortable with that setting in yellow. I''ve had that setting so in my head for over a year, but in white. Your discussing it and approval helped me process my thinking more.

AGBF - Aww, thanks for the compliment on "little yellow". Reenie - Again, I really love your new/old stone. It''s a special one. And do stay around, you''ll have fun here and learn so very much.

Thanks again, all. Lots.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like it will be beautiful. I like the idea of the platinum heads to contrast the color
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it would be beautiful in yellow gold!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I think it would look great!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results