shape
carat
color
clarity

would this be a good price for a diamond ring?

wickerman

Rough_Rock
Hi, I'm a Newbie to this forum and would like an opinion on a diamond engagement ring that i just purchased from Goodwill. I would greatly appreciate any help you guy's can offer. Also, time is if the essence because of a limited return policy! also, if i have posted this question in the wrong area of this forum please forgive me and Mods, feel free to move? I uploaded a few links to the ring in question.. Thank you all!
http://www.shopgoodwill.com/viewItem.asp?ItemID=26285527 _35645.jpg

_35645.jpg

Q

Queenie60

You purchased a ring from Goodwill? Didn't know they sell jewelry? Hope that link doesn't have a virus.

wickerman

Rough_Rock
Yes they sell a good bit of jewelry online. I've never had any trouble with viruses from there website. Would you have a opinion of the price paid? Just wondering if i should have went somewhere else... there is an attached description and appraisal.

Q

Queenie60

I am certainly not an expert. You should repost this in Rockytalky and would probably get some expert opinions for our frequent posters. Gypsy, DS and a few others could help you much more than I. Good luck to you. :))

RockBrat

Shiny_Rock
If that stone truly were 1.03 carat it would retail for about 3k to $3500. Now, diamond prices in B&M stores can differ depending on where you live. That said, something is off. Either it is really more like 0.90 carat or the measurements are wrong. If it is only 0.90 ct then retail is probably more like $2200-$2500.

Edit: I noticed the band is marked with 1.03 which would indicate the diamond truly is 1.03 ct unless it was switched out. So based on that I'd assume that the measurements are off due to being measured in the mounting. So retail most likely would be $3k-$3500. I'd get the diamond tested though, even a pawn shop can do it for you, just to make sure it wasn't swapped out since the numbers don't add up.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results