carat
color
clarity

would this be a good buy?

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m an eBay shopper over 12 years.
Firstly, there is no way that there is 1.67 carats of diamonds in that ring.
0.67 is more likely.
I presume it’s a listing mistake, but it’s a really bad one for a seller to make!
Secondly ’s a bit weird how there appears to be some letter / number stamping on the inside (T 86) that appear yellow gold in colour so I’m wondering if this ring has been freshly rhodium plated over yellow gold? 18ct (750) white gold isn’t that “white”. This isn’t an issue as such but it will mean you’ll need to keep up the rhodium plating.
The ring itself looks very worn on the top sections, a lot of the diamonds are sunken and I can’t tell from the photos if the emeralds are abraided or chipped (quite possible). At least one has moved in its setting (hence the gap). It’s not a well made ring at all, it’s poor workmanship as the stone settings and surrounds are very uneven.
And they keep using the word “style” in their listing.
This might mean it’s a cheaply manufactured ring of Indian or Asian origin from more recent times (excusing its manufacturing sloppiness as being “old and worn”) as opposed to an actual original 1930s ring.
That said, it’s a pretty ring but I wouldn’t buy it. For $995 you can do better than that.
Have a look instead at “mydiamondzone” on eBay or as “Ivy&Rose.com” (same people). They offer lovely Art Deco style rings just like this but way way better quality.

unsettled

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you @Bron357. I noticed a couple of those things, but most I would NEVER have noticed. This is the kind of stuff I need to read! I get blinded by shiny objects and don't pay close enough attention!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with everything @Bron357 said.
Also, the milgrain looks really sloppy.
Not worth $995. And that fake hand in the photos is creepy.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I examine everything in detail - all the words, all the photos.
And don’t be shy to ask an eBay seller more questions or ask for extra photos. If they are serious sellers they’ll be happy to oblige.
It’s always best (even if they have a return policy) to confirm anything you aren’t sure of before you buy.
eBay has been an excellent shopping place for me, I can still find a bargain here and there, but remember not all is what it seems sometimes, especially in the “fine print”.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results