carat
color
clarity

Would appreciate suggestions...

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, Gypsy :wavey:

I sent a message to your DiamondBistro account last weekend (re something else, not the topic of this thread); just wanting to let you know in case you weren't aware there was a DB message for you. Enjoy your weekend!
~ Molly

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Molly, I responded twice, but I don't think you are getting my messages for some reason!

Thank you so very much for taking the time to send me the email you did with all the information you provided. I REALLY appreciated it very much.

I'll try another email now. Maybe this one will go through?

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Found 'em, and sent you a reply ;))

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ahhh. Okay. Thanks!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nope, didn't get the reply.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay so, I FINALLY got to try on some bands today. And I think I've made up my mind on which design I want.

Before you ask, I did not get pictures. I busted my phone (totally irretrievably dead) and the jewelry store was... conflicted, let's just say, about their customer service so even though I had a companion I didn't ask.

While I really adore the 5 stone graduated ring. I think it's a project for another time. When I tried on a 25 point band (it was an shared prong band, but still) the size and the feel of it just clicked for me today. While I love bezels, I don't want bezels for this ring. And 25 points strikes the right balance between a distinctly standalone size and not so blingy that I'd feel conspicuous.

I think I will do it in platinum with a scalloped bar set setting.

I'm not sure on whether to do 7 or 5 stones yet. Honestly 6 stones would be 'just right' in terms of coverage. But I want an odd not even number and dislike the number 6, besides. I'm leaning strongly toward 7 though. I like the number 7.

This is the look, top down, that I want. I am going to ask Yekutiel about the price difference between F/G VS melee and H/I SI melee and see if there is an appreciable difference between the two.

bar_set_band1.jpg

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Looks fabulous, Gypsy! Great decision.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
rainwood|1467258526|4049952 said:
Looks fabulous, Gypsy! Great decision.

Yeah, I'm happy with the decision. It's so easy to get pulled into different directions on here. Plus, I don't like to pay retail for... well, anything. So since this was going to be a full priced purchase I was hung up on it being "right" and then I was struggling with something more 'classic' or something more 'unique.' What really helped me, was your advice Rainwood. The sales woman made a comment about it being my "forever" ring as I was sitting there with steam coming out of my ears trying to solve the mysteries of the universe ( :shock: ) and it was like... "ding, ding, ding...you are over thinking this and putting too much pressure on yourself." So once I STOPPED thinking the gut kicked in and when I looked down I was like... this is just right in terms of size and impact and wear-ability and it's 'just right' in terms of what I am missing in my jewelry wardrobe and what I want.

Now I really just need to pick color, clarity and 5 or 7 stones. And I have time for that.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is so exciting Gypsy!!

Yeah, I've overthought stuff in exactly the way you describe. And now it sits pretty much unworn, with me still wishing for the things my gut told me I wanted. Blah!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results