shape
carat
color
clarity

Would an OEC look better in a bezel pendant?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I’m going to borrow my 1 carat oec from my 9 stone ring, lol, bc I never wear my 9 stone in my rhr—it seems too excessive with my 2.9 er. And I have been wanting a solitaire pendant. The question is—will my oec look better in a bezel or a 4 prong? Open to suggestions! I’ll be putting a pink tourmaline in this setting—maybe then I’ll be comes comfortable wearing it as a rhr—the pop
Color.
Here is the stone 9B461250-BF02-4329-9902-C08E45277BFB.jpeg

Polyhex

Brilliant_Rock
I personally like well-cut OECs and OMCs in bezels, because in my opinion, it increases the drama and contrast with on/off facets and play of light. I have read on here that this effect is not my imagination, but I can't find the thread. Your stone looks plenty white already, but I have also been told by jewelers who handle a lot of old cuts that a white metal bezel lightens medium-colored OECs.

A stone that gorgeous will look amazing in anything you pick though. :kiss2:

lmyracle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I think it would look beautiful in a bezel!

Tremsi

Rough_Rock
Yes, I vote bezel! Also, the extra protection for an OEC couldn’t hurt.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ll never say no to a bezel. It gives some oomph size wise and yours looks especially white and bright, I don’t think you’ll see a big change in performance. I think you’ll love it!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Ditto - I think that OEC would look yummy in a bezel - no expertise, just personal preference!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally like well-cut OECs and OMCs in bezels, because in my opinion, it increases the drama and contrast with on/off facets and play of light. I have read on here that this effect is not my imagination, but I can't find the thread. Your stone looks plenty white already, but I have also been told by jewelers who handle a lot of old cuts that a white metal bezel lightens medium-colored OECs.

A stone that gorgeous will look amazing in anything you pick though. :kiss2:

First—-I love love love your oec! And I do recall reading that about bezels and facets—so that would be super cool! My stone is not cert so I have no idea what color it is. I suspect it is an I so yes, white gold will definitely lighten it up! Ty!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ll never say no to a bezel. It gives some oomph size wise and yours looks especially white and bright, I don’t think you’ll see a big change in performance. I think you’ll love it!

The more I contemplate it, the more I get excited about it. But I also wonder if a 4 prong suits moderns better?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto - I think that OEC would look yummy in a bezel - no expertise, just personal preference!

I know you have a gorgeous bezeled oec! Love it. Did you opt for bezel bc it’s an oec? Did you ever consider a prong setting for it? I’m wondering if that’s why I’m gravitating to a bezel.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I vote bezel! Also, the extra protection for an OEC couldn’t hurt.

Never thought about it that way! Thanks!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I know you have a gorgeous bezeled oec! Love it. Did you opt for bezel bc it’s an oec? Did you ever consider a prong setting for it? I’m wondering if that’s why I’m gravitating to a bezel.

Well - I just personally like them aesthetically, and they are no fuss. I hate catchy prongs and found I am crazy sensitive to the sensation of prongs brushing against stuff (sounds totally neurotic) - so bezels, big ribbon prongs and semi bezels - I am allllll about them!

I personally prefer prongs / claw prongs in general so I would recommend a 6-prong setting (to enhance the roundness of the stone) but if you do go bezel I’d suggest a very thin milgrain bezel!

Your ring is gorgeous as it is but if you’re not wearing it - def pop the stone out and use it!! As for a coloured stone maybe a yellow sapphire?

Morenita21

Brilliant_Rock
I vote bezel!

GK2

Rough_Rock
hi @nala

this is mine that was put together quickly so I could wear it at Christmas

OEC is 1.32 and estimated H colour.

setting needs work - it’s quite deep, the bale is horrific :sick: and I think milgrain would be a nice addition

as we’re back in lockdown in the UK that isn’t going to happen any time soon, so I’m enduring it:lol:

7F262972-5CE6-4556-A267-0772172D65B1.jpeg
ETA yikes that’s a bad pic. It looks much whiter than that normally. Damn my office lighting!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I’m going to borrow my 1 carat oec from my 9 stone ring, lol, bc I never wear my 9 stone in my rhr—it seems too excessive with my 2.9 er. And I have been wanting a solitaire pendant. The question is—will my oec look better in a bezel or a 4 prong? Open to suggestions! I’ll be putting a pink tourmaline in this setting—maybe then I’ll be comes comfortable wearing it as a rhr—the pop
Color.
Here is the stone 9B461250-BF02-4329-9902-C08E45277BFB.jpeg

@nala that is a breathtaking ring and the stones are gorgeous. You cannot go wrong with whatever you do with that center OEC. Chunkalicious beauty! :love:
And yes bezeling will offer extra protection. Do you know if the girdle is extra thin?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@nala would it be a simple bezel or something more elaborate to bulk out the stone, given you like your jewellery big and blingy?

I have reservations that you may have DSS with a 1ct OEC in a simple bezel in no time.

Have you tried on a 1ct stone in a simple pendant setting to see if it is big enough for your liking?

DK :))

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i think solitaire pendants almost always look better in a bezel than a 4 prong but if you want to easily take it out again to reuse it in the future, that would be a good reason to stick w/ a prong setting

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally prefer prongs / claw prongs in general so I would recommend a 6-prong setting (to enhance the roundness of the stone) but if you do go bezel I’d suggest a very thin milgrain bezel!

Your ring is gorgeous as it is but if you’re not wearing it - def pop the stone out and use it!! As for a coloured stone maybe a yellow sapphire?
@nala that is a breathtaking ring and the stones are gorgeous. You cannot go wrong with whatever you do with that center OEC. Chunkalicious beauty! :love:
And yes bezeling will offer extra protection. Do you know if the girdle is extra thin?

Hi! Ty! I don’t know about the girdle, lol. But I don’t worry too much bc she will be on my neck? I wonder now that I think about it if that is actually as safe as I imagine it should be?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@nala would it be a simple bezel or something more elaborate to bulk out the stone, given you like your jewellery big and blingy?

I have reservations that you may have DSS with a 1ct OEC in a simple bezel in no time.

Have you tried on a 1ct stone in a simple pendant setting to see if it is big enough for your liking?

DK :))

Lol. I am such a bling whore—thank you for noticing! But yes. 1 carat must be sufficient enough bc that is all I have to play with! Here is a pic of a .80 or so that really inspired me to do this conversion—and I’m debating if I want bezel or maybe this setting! 3AEBA73E-A4F3-4001-903D-B48346B768AF.jpeg

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
I have an OMC in a white bezel and even though it is supposedly a low color (no cert, probably a J/k) it faces up very white and rivals my H stone.

118716768_1618844724944903_4308512088265110476_o.jpg

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Those two are mine but DK didn't make them! They are Stuller mountings and DK set the diamonds.

This one, however, was made by DK, and yes, they do make single and double milgrained bezels! https://loupetroop.com/listings/nec...old-0-dot-71ct-gia-l-vs2-old-european-diamond

I dont suppose you happen to know the Stuller setting number for those? I cant see the sides but they look familiar. I‘m considering a rose gold chain fixed to a white gold milgrain bezel. Just wondering.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I dont suppose you happen to know the Stuller setting number for those? I cant see the sides but they look familiar. I‘m considering a rose gold chain fixed to a white gold milgrain bezel. Just wondering.

I posted them in this thread. You already asked about them :lol:

@nala my personal oec pendant (posted in that thread as a color comparison) has very similar pattern to your 1ct, if you want to see how it looks in a bezel. DK made that bezel.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
@nala, beautiful OEC, I definitely would set it as a pendant! Anyhoo, this is kind of off topic, but I think we live kind of close to each other and I was wondering if you could introduce me to your local jeweler (if they are in this area)? You have had so many resetting projects, and your jeweler seems to be really good at setting new stones into pre-loved settings. I have a couple resetting projects in mind, but I don't really know any good bench jewelers in my area. Thanks in advance!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@nala, beautiful OEC, I definitely would set it as a pendant! Anyhoo, this is kind of off topic, but I think we live kind of close to each other and I was wondering if you could introduce me to your local jeweler (if they are in this area)? You have had so many resetting projects, and your jeweler seems to be really good at setting new stones into pre-loved settings. I have a couple resetting projects in mind, but I don't really know any good bench jewelers in my area. Thanks in advance!

Of course! I have a couple. One is Gabe Arik. He owns Happy jewelers in Fullerton. But. Since he hired influencers for his ig (you can find him on ig) his business is booming and I haven’t gone to his new location since I upgraded my stone. I don’t know if his bench followed him but it won’t hurt to try.
Now, my other one, is in the Ontario jewelry mart. He is the bench and you go directly To him—don’t talk to the jewelers or they will just play middle men and there is no need. His name is Hiep and he is sooo awesome! But. He is not a perfectionist and I don’t know how picky you are. He will go back and fix things til I am happy but bezels are not his forte and you have to be very specific with him. So... idk if you can deal with that uncertainty.
Finally—the third is located in Tustin jewelry mart. He is the bench there. And he is fabulous! I forgot his name but he is the only bench there. He does great work though he is pricier than Hiep. I think he would be a good fit for you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results