shape
carat
color
clarity

worst class ever

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
It feels nice to vent sometimes
25.gif

vc10um: I wish we had take home exams! too bad he would probably make it soooooo hard that everyone would fail anyway
14.gif

swingirl: she can probably talk to an advisor, maybe shadow some people? at least she enjoys it
2.gif

IloveAsschers13: How do you like MSU? I thought about going there for undergrad, but decided GVSU instead. Now that I''m looking at grad schools, MSU is back in the running. is housing reasonable? yikes about your one chem exam. On our first physics exam, the lowest score was a 13%. I definitely thought it was mine as I had just had a death in the family and was in no shape to take an exam
39.gif

SarahlovesJS: some professors just boggle my mind- um, I''m paying you to teach me!

Haven: lol, there''s something for everyone!

vc10um and yssie: no calc for me! too much math

Maria D: lol, B.S. is exactly what some of it is
41.gif
hardy har har. I hear the ''omg I just want this class to be over! oh wait, we have another semester. ugh!'' eww physics... I talked to my academic adviser today and she said physics was the death of her too
5.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha, I would think there''s MORE physics in osteopathic schools since manipulation is all about pressures and levers
3.gif
Either way, DO or MD, you still have to learn the basic physics for partial gas pressures for pulmonary, and Starling Forces for Cardiac. Don''t worry though, you don''t have to solve real problems, just understand the general gist of it.
9.gif

Swinggirl: depending on what kind of physics she likes, maybe she can do medical imaging reasearch. It''s all about electromagnetism and fourier transforms and doppler. I hear it''s quite the lucrative sector.

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
lol MTG! It''s crazy! When I''m in my biomed classes, I can rock it out, but when I''m in physics....
33.gif

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
HATED Diff Eq, but more for the professor than the subject matter. He was French, felt strongly that American students weren't well educated in their own language, and to make his point he required a 15 page term paper. The paper was on top of ridiculously long weekly homework assignments, a group project in which we had to learn and present to the class a concept no less than 5 chapters ahead of where we actually were in the class, and horrific exams.

Partial Diff EQ was actually much more tolerable, and I had that class with a professor who is dyslexic. I'm still intrigued: he made mistakes left, right and center in any words/sentences he wrote on the board, but he could write equations all day without any problems. For one reason or another I always did horribly on his exams, but he knew from my homework and time in office hours that I understood the material. I don't know exactly how the class curved turned out, but I'm pretty sure he added some mercy points to my grade...

ETA: Kas, I had the same thing in my physics classes - ridiculously low exam grades were the norm. They did curve the class, but it was so hard to judge where you were and to feel like you actually understood anything.

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
ugh. this class. I''ve been working on a hw set ALL DAY! he doesn''t even go through the problems to see if they are reasonable- I swear he draws them out of a hat. I was stuck on a question so I looked in the solutions manual, and the equations they have to solve it we haven''t even seen before. thanks. thanks a lot.

I just want to get through...
38.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kas,

Any chance of asking a friend to work on the problems with you? Honestly, I understood the material best WHILE I was in the class, and while I couldn''t formally tutor, I did have a small study group of 3 or 4 girls. We would do the sets separately, then get together a day before they were due to compare answers, or ask each other questions on the parts where we weren''t sure or were stuck. It really helps to draw things out and talk it through, and once you see the logic work out over and over, you start to develop a sense for solving the problems.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results