shape
carat
color
clarity

worried...probably for a dumb reason...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
So fi and I were watching some show like funniest wedding moments last night and there was a dress that looked like this one and fi got excited and was like "i really like that dress a lot! is yours like that?" so of course i said no because mine is nothing like that and now im worried he wont like my dress
7.gif
has anyone else had these worries? The second picture is MY dress which as you can see is nothing like his. I''m worried about how it will look from the front too, I feel like my chest makes it look too "frumpy" I''m probably just feeling this way because I went up a size after losing 6 sizes
7.gif
Not having a good day, please guys, something to cheer me up?

38d3_1.JPG

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
my dress

n163900928_32417950_2137.jpg

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
maybe this is just a bad picture of the front but it always bothers me when i see it
38.gif

if you look in the mirror on the first picture of my dress it looks a little better, maybe its just the angle...
7.gif

n163900928_32417949_1920.jpg

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
oh smurfy, it will be fine! your dress is awesome and just needs to be fitted to you. You are going to be beautiful.
We ALL worry about the guys liking our dress or one better. I do all the time. Yours is very very pretty and the front will be perfect and only make you look awesome, it just needs to be fitted.
Getting fitted just right makes such a difference. Please dont worry, its normal but dont.

You''re not alone
35.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
thanks ilpc, you made me feel a lot better :)

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Smurfy, I''m also a little worried that my FI won''t like my dress. But I think that realistically, in the emotion and craziness of the day, he''s not even going to think about it! I''m sure that your FI is going to think that you''re stunning no matter what you wear (although I think your dress is a lot prettier than the other one, and looks lovely on you!).

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
you guys know just the right things to say i swear!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Smurfy--I went through a period when I was TERRIFIED my DH would hate my dress. Terrified.

Guess what? He loved it. And your FI will love your dress, too, because YOU are the one who will be wearing it. He''ll be so over the moon because he''s marrying you, and you''ll look so beautiful, that all he''ll be able to think is "She''s the most beautiful woman I''ve ever seen." He will. And you will be.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Smurfy, I agree with the girls, he will love it no matter what

But, I am worried that you have lost 6 sizes already (yay for losing weight
36.gif
). Will you still love that dress on you after losing so much weight? Did you order it in a smaller size as I don''t know if they can pull that gown in 6 sizes? I know that as your body changes when you lose weight, your taste in clothes and styles changes. I know this has happened to me. The dress I wanted before I lost 50 pounds was dramatically different to the one I have bought now. Have you tried your gown on again since losing all that weight?

I don''t want to put doubt in your mind and I am sorry to bring this issue up, I just wasn''t sure about these things? Feel free to totally disregard this post if it throws a spanner into the works.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
It's ok honey
we ordered the dress off the rack since it was half off if you did (we went from 1200 to 600 dollars because of that)
the dress was actually much bigger already to start with and i had tried it on after going down the 6 sizes. the reason i liked it was because with such a large chest it seemed to play off of it well and it gave me a waist. all the other dresses i tried on were just HORRIBLE. the dress is a 28 and im about an 18 and we've talked with the seamstress and she just said not to worry about it. Also even though I've gone down the 6 sizes my chest has stayed the same size
38.gif
so im not too worried about that, if anything they will need to take in the sides more i am thinking

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Your FI loves you and is thrilled to be getting married to you - you could walk down the aisle in a sack and he would still think you looked amazing.

FWIW though, your dress is lovely and I think it will be very pretty once its fitted to you - no worries necessary
1.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
He will love your dress no matter what! I was having the same worries because my fiance was VERY specific about what he thought a pretty wedding dress should look like, and those kinds just didn''t do it for me. But really, you are going to be just glowing in the dress that YOU love, and that will be very apparent to him on your big day! When you feel gorgeous, you can''t help but look it:)

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Don''t worry, Smurfy--he will love your gown when he sees it on you! I think you chose a very pretty dress, and I''m sure he''ll barely notice it when he sees your smiling, happy face.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Smurfy! You''ll make your FI speechless in your gown, I''m sure!! But 6 sizes, you may need a smaller gown you''re losing so much weight!!
2.gif
Congrats on that accomplishment
36.gif

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
hahahahaha...I''m not laughing at you Smurfy, but that first dress that your FI likes is HIDEOUS!! Sorry...but you definitely made the right choice! You look stunning in that dress, although I have to admit that pic you don''t like isn''t very flattering. But I can see it from the front in the mirror in the other pic and it''s GORGEOUS! It is definitely YOUR dress. Also, when halternecks are a little big for you like yours is right now it kind of wings on the side of the boobs and it looks bad - but wait til it''s altered a little and fits you perfectly and all your worries will disappear, I promise! Your dress is beautiful and you look beautiful in it, so don''t you worry one little bit!

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Smurfy!

Before our wedding, I was watching TV with then DF and "beach weddings" or something on Lifetime or TLC was on, and a bride came on with a lace sheath dress that I thought was amazing and beautiful for a beach wedding (what we had). I didn''t say anything, but DH spits out "BLECK! What is she wearing, a nightgown?!?! Wedding gowns are supposed be puffy!" I looked at him and said "actually that''s exactly what I would like to wear..." and he bit his tongue. When we finally DID get married I had a lace halter sheath dress and he LOVED it, so don''t take your guy''s comment to heart!!! He will love you in whatever you wear!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
man it really is unbelievable what comes out of our guy''s mouths sometimes isn''t it

last night he got mad at me because i wouldn''t try his soda at the movie to see if they gave him the wrong one (he had had a bad day and had a short temper) and i wasn''t feeling well from pms, seriously thought i was going to throw up if i didn''t get midol soon. of course men don''t understand all of that, i''ve tried googling a way to explain it to him... but he had a temper tantrum about it and i tore him a new one (i NEVER get mad lol but when i have pms you better watch out)

seriously though, men are so clueless on what to say sometimes you just gotta shake your head at them and move on haha

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I agree with everyone else. He won''t remember what he was wishing your dress would look like as soon as he sees you walking down the aisle. I was really worried that DH wouldn''t like mine because every time I''d show him pics of poofy dresses he wasn''t really into them. He loved my dress and the way I looked on our wedding day and your FI will feel the same way about you too.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results