shape
carat
color
clarity

World Series :)

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Being a native Missourian and HUGE Cardinals fan, I'm so excited for the Series to begin! :appl: Anyone else interested to see how it's gonna go??

I must admit that I'm a bit down about it though, living in Australia now. I can't go to any of the games, I can't watch any of them live (unless I take a day off work to go to the local American-themed bar at 7:30 AM, something I do for the Superbowl each year), and there's not really anyone to share my unbridled joy with. Well, I share plenty, but they just don't GET it. :lol:

Regardless, I'll definitely be cheering from afar!

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock
I'm very excited.. for the RANGERS!!! Definitely plan on watching all of the games.. Me and my friends have the watch parties all planned out. It should be a good series!!

That's too bad about not being able to see them live.. It would be so hard for me not to google the score before watching it.. And share your joy! They can just deal :Up_to_something:

I'm very close to the stadium in Texas but probably won't go to any games... Tickets are so expensive and it's just not in the cards right now.. I was at the ALCS game that sealed the deal for the Rangers but that ticket was a very generous gift!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I'm not a huge baseball fan (even living in Boston), but I'm excited because I went to high school with Albert Pujols (though back then he was just Jose). It was a pretty rural high school in Missouri and he was always really nice. I even had him sign a baseball for me back in 1998 before he left to go to community college. I had no idea he would be the athlete he is today--I should probably dig that ball out from my old bedroom back in Missouri and have it authenticated or something.

KA

Shiny_Rock
I actually moved to St Louis recently, and have only been to a couple of games here. I might go to at least one world series game if I can find tickets at a reasonable price. I think my true heart lies with the Red Sox, but I can support Cardinals as my second favourite, since they almost never play against each other. My fiance is not at all interested in sports, so it is funny situation. I get all excited about baseball and his eyes glaze over.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Cards have always been a good club. Plus they beat the Phillies this year. Go Cards!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
justginger|1319031862|3043432 said:
Being a native Missourian and HUGE Cardinals fan, I'm so excited for the Series to begin! :appl: Anyone else interested to see how it's gonna go??

I must admit that I'm a bit down about it though, living in Australia now. I can't go to any of the games, I can't watch any of them live (unless I take a day off work to go to the local American-themed bar at 7:30 AM, something I do for the Superbowl each year), and there's not really anyone to share my unbridled joy with. Well, I share plenty, but they just don't GET it. :lol:

Regardless, I'll definitely be cheering from afar!
WOOHOO GO CARDS!!!!!! I work like 4 blocks from Busch so Im getting the hell out of downtown today as soon as I can. I normally am not really into baseball but if I go I enjoy myself.

My inlaws live a mile from Rangers/Cowboys stadiums so they're conflicted, and they're STL fans after living here 20+ years and my BIL is actually from STL.

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
Another native Missourian and HUGE Cards fan here! GO CARDS!

P.S. We live in Phillies territory now, but this is on our front porch!

stl pumpkin.jpg

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
NEL, that's so cool about Albert! Wow! My old boss used to work with his wife, and he remembers when she started dating a minor league baseball player. He said he felt sorry for her at the time, since most of the time they don't make much but have to travel all the time.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yea his wife is rad, she goes to the same hair place as I do. I like her a lot. And I love their foundation.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Glad to see so many Cards fans here! The first game fell during my morning work hours, thanks to the time difference. I had my boss pull up the real time score and went back and forth to the computer all morning, refreshing and reading what was happening. I was ecstatic to see that big win. :appl: :appl: :appl:

Funny though, the website I was on might have been typing out what was happening based on someone speaking...because at one point it actually said "Poo Holes", but then it had been stricken out and replaced with Pujols. :lol: Ridiculous. Had a big laugh about that, so did my coworkers. I've bribed them all to be Cardinals fans with promises of baseball shaped cupcakes as reward WHEN we win the Series. :halo:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG I would have DIED laughing at the typo.

I turned it on at the end last night and it was literally the very end pitch where they won. I cheered. My husband though I had been screaming from attack. lol

I don't forsee this being a sweep, I think 6 games with the cards just eaking it out. We shall see!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well hopefully the Cards pull their heads out of their butts for 6 and 7. I don't have any idea why they would already have postponed the game tonight. I work 10 blocks from the stadium, it's dark out but no rain for hours. Radar looks like itll go south too. *shrug*

ImperfectGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Go RANGERS!!!!! I'm live in Texas so I've got to go with the home team...I hope they close it out tonight! :appl:

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
I'm from Dallas and a big big Rangers fan! I'm still mad I lost my Pudge baseball cards...stupid kid I was.

Anyway.

This series has been an adventure. Multiple adventures. I just wish more people were watching an AWESOME World Series. I mean -- bullpen phone problems?

GO RANGERS!!!!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here's the pic my friends posted on FB about the phone problem:

316316_2541738392737_1532019297_32723810_1495702700_n.jpg

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely want the Rangers to win!

Of course being a Phillies fan, I am heartbroken but if the Rangers won, it would help heal my heart. I just think it would be really great for them to win since they weren't able to win last year.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh my dog, clearly I need to go to bed early more often. When I went to bed, I turned on KMOX real quick for the score, we were down a lot in the 7th or 8th IIRC, and I just said "oh well, they lost, good effort" and went to bed. I woke up at 445 this morning and before I went into the bathroom to get ready, I clicked on FB and holy crap was I blown away by the news. I think my actual words were "holy sh!t they actually won!"

Win or lose tonight, hell of a series, and I don't even care about baseball!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
someone at the Fox station in DFW might be out of a job today...little too quick on the trigger there pal.

375970_10150371949309228_48244074227_8016410_1648607616_n.jpg

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very exciting game last night!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hah!

302086_2591805639052_1371971987_33005573_1609509038_n.jpg

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
So, I'm still very upset about the whole phillies problem but..

I have to say, this entire postseason has been exactly what baseball is all about and why its truly an amazing and very interesting sport.

Last nights game was the definition of why baseball has so many fans and why so many people love this sport. I can't believe what an amazing game that was, its something to really appreciate if you enjoy baseball and I definitely did.

I'm excited to see what happens tonight. I really want the Rangers to win but when I thought about it last night and when I saw both teams last night, I ultimately decided that I would be happy regardless mainly because both teams have allowed me to be part of history...

slg47

Ideal_Rock
that game was CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!! Since I am from TX I have to be for the Rangers...but I think the cards have the edge now. Still...can't wait for tonight's game!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
As a STL person, I'd like to say they DO have an edge now, but we have all seen how easily they can hand it over on a platter lol! They sure gave all of us a heart attack.

I am generally not at all interested in baseball, most sports even, so I don't honestly really care who actually wins. I only like to go because Busch Stadium has like the best nachos on earth. lol And watching the game live with nachos rules. On TV it stresses me way out and the nachos are typically inferior.

I ABSOLUTELY agree about this being what this sport needs, not even just the sport, the local economy. I would like to hope that it did for Arlington/DFW area restaurants, commerce, hotels, etc. like it is doing for STL. Much needed cash.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
While I am happy for the Cardinals, god do I feel bad for the Rangers, esp the coach. The look on his face broke my cold dead heart.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Holy moly, that was some BASEBALL!! I was watching on MLB.com and flipping back and forth to FB, just to make sure that I hadn't missed anything. Game 6 was the best game of baseball that I've ever seen. Zombie Cardinals, just refuse to die! :appl:

Honestly though, it was a great series. Well matched, well played, and it could have gone either way. Thanks to David Freese, it went the Cardinals' way this year.

I'll be bringing my Redbird cupcakes in to work on Monday. :bigsmile:

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Well, congratulations. We, here in Texas, are less than thrilled. But . . . it was nice that the hometown team won in front of their crowd. Nice for the fans.

I keep telling my husband that these two teams were well matched. These were great games by great teams, with a real chance for either to take the win. It really was a 50/50 proposition every game night, and that makes it much more interesting.

At least we lost to the Cardinals. DH and I are from Illinois. Die-hard Cub fans, but not Cardinal haters like some Cubbies. We rooted for the Cardinals when we were kids ('cause Cubs weren't going to the WS, you know?).

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Thoroughly enjoyed it all! LOVE the boys of summer! :naughty: (not bad playin either....) :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
HollyS|1319905097|3049912 said:
Well, congratulations. We, here in Texas, are less than thrilled. But . . . it was nice that the hometown team won in front of their crowd. Nice for the fans.

I keep telling my husband that these two teams were well matched. These were great games by great teams, with a real chance for either to take the win. It really was a 50/50 proposition every game night, and that makes it much more interesting.

At least we lost to the Cardinals. DH and I are from Illinois. Die-hard Cub fans, but not Cardinal haters like some Cubbies. We rooted for the Cardinals when we were kids ('cause Cubs weren't going to the WS, you know?).
LOL seriously, Poor Cubs! I have been to a Cards Cubs game here and those are UGLY in the stands! The guy that caught the game winner on Thursday had his buddy with him in a cubs shirt lol! Everyone around here is having a conniption that a cubs fan was allowed in the Cardinals Club section. The video that was put on youtube of him negotiating with Freese was HILARIOUS. And uncomfortable. lol

This series seriously was INSANE, absolutely well matched, and definitely stressed everyone out for sure. When I went to bed Thursday, I thought for sure Texas had won it, and apparently so did your local Fox affiliate. lol! I also agree and hate when a team loses on their own field with thousands of home fans there to witness, that happened to us a few years ago, I believe against the Red Sox?

I noticed last night in the 9 freaking hours of subsequent media rehashing that a lot of cops were standing around the Texas fans when they would pan the audience. That was probably smart. People do stupid things when their team wins or loses. I took a client from Houston to see the Astros play the Cards about 5 years ago maybe and he and his son wore their Astros jerseys. I believe the Astros won but it was a nailbiter. People from behind us were hurling beer and trash at us, even though my partners and I had on Cardinals shirts. I remember saying something to them that nearly incited a riot, and one of my partners had to cover my mouth and hold me back, and no expletives were even used. If you want to call yourself the best fans in baseball don't be a dick!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
ame, you're always letting your mouth get you into trouble :lol:

Don't get into it with fans at a game, you know better. Remember the guy who got beat up??

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
That was some series. I'm super sad my Rangers lost, but at least they whole thing stayed exciting and classy.

Now I have to buy my friend Texas bbq from Hill Country. Oh how I hate losing bets!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results