shape
carat
color
clarity

Workout Thread Tues, March 29

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
I just want to say thank you to everyone who has been so supportive. I know it''s a slow process, I just am very impatient! I go through these phases where I think I look fantastic so I decide to try on something that I haven''t worn in a while and when it still doesn''t fit, I feel horrible.

I know that I am still doing stuff wrong (eating poorly on the weekends and drinking a lot), but I just don''t think I can compromise everything in my life just to be skinny. Although, I feel that if I had a deadline (ie -- wedding) then I would be able to say no to that second glass of wine or martini and salads at a restaurant would be the norm for me.

Thanks again! You ladies are the best!

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
IrishEyes--
What a great story! I definitely agree that eating is a comfort thing! this summer when I was interning far away from family and friends I splurged on cheese and french bread..which is okay unless you do it everyday! I was glad to read that your health situation was resolved and you are happy with your physical equilibrium.
1.gif

windy--
A lot of the women here have talked about doing yoga as a way of exercising and I definitely second that! The great yoga classes I''ve been to advocate the acceptance of where your body is at, learning to push the limits of comfort and ultimately accept your body for what it is. I love yoga because you don''t have to be the most flexible one, or the person doing the advanced moves. There is no competition to see who looks the best or how long they can go without a break. Yoga practice is about being in the moment and realizing that everyone has different bodies, abilities, etc. While your exercise routine does seem a little extreme I can see how it''s easy to get addicted to the feeling one gets after a workout. However, being too skinny, with or without an eating disorder, can result in serious health issues...just as serious as being obese! I''ve been doing weight watchers and found that if I stay within the points alloted I lose weight. If I drop below the required number of points I don''t lose weight. Maybe if you can increase your calorie intake by eating more fruit and vegetables, you will get the results you want? (I can always eat fruit!!)
3.gif
If your FI is concerned about your medical condition I don''t think you should just shrug it off. He loves you and wants you to be healthy right?
1.gif

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
ammayernyc--

Are you still getting your meals delivered to your house? How is your portion control going? I''ve found that it''s empowering to be able to stop eating something you love (I always had a problem with that when going out to eat) and realize that it''s not the last time you are going to have it. At the same time, once I had success with portion control I had to learn not to go overboard! By reading your posts over the last few months I really feel that you have the determination to lose the weight you want...and it will be all the more sweet when you do.
1.gif

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
I am still getting my meals delivered. It''s only during the week though since I feel that it''s unfair to my bf on the weekends since he really enjoys going out. However, I think that''s one of the parts of my frustration -- I know for a fact that I am eat better... the meals are portioned for me, the calories have a limit -- but I still am not losing that much. Same with the exercise. I am excercising four days a week minimum -- usually six -- and nothing. (Or not that much, I don''t have a scale since last time I looked at one I literally burst into tears and I''m afraid of that number).

I''m doing it for another month so I can really get a handle on the portions. Then I will bring in lunch every day and try to limit my dinner sizes.

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
ammayernyc--

Have you noticed a difference in the way your clothes fit? I know that with exercise, for the first few months, people gain muscle which ultimately helps them shed MAJOR pounds later on but doesn't show a difference in the scale initially since the muscle is heavier than the fat. After working out for a month or so I will fit into my clothes better, get all excited and then step on the scale and get discouraged because I haven't lost any weight. A few months later though the weight loss will kick in... don't worry! If you are doing all the right things it's just a matter of time!

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
I guess things do fit a little better on me. My pants are not tight anymore (I refused to go shopping and get a size above so I dealt with a little discomfort for a while). Yesterday I wore a button down shirt that always gaped so much that I couldn''t wear it. It gaped a little yesterday, but it wasn''t bad at all.

So, I know that there is progress, it''s just really slow.

I''m going to the ob/gyn next week so I''m going to ask her to test my thyroid to make sure everything is okay. It''s been a little off wack before, but nothing so bad that I needed medicine for it.

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
Amma....that''s the spirit. Recognize the good things my dear! Your clothes fitting better is a sign! Also, I don''t know if anyone has said this....thank you for sharing your trials & tribulations with us. At one time or another I think everyone goes through body image issues. It''s good to know that in one way or another, we are all in the same boat or have rowed in the boat at some point in our life!

Keep the chin up & celebrate the little things! One step at a time, one work out at a time, you are getting there!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
ammayernyc- definitely get that thyroid checked out! it''s definitely something that could be holding you back a bit.

also, if you really don''t want to deal with the scale, you should consider measuring. do all of your measurements now, and then every 2 weeks-ish check them again and i know you will see a difference there. your clothes fitting better is a really great sign! keep up the good work
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results