shape
carat
color
clarity

wording for memorial page in wedding program - help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
We want to put a page to mention all of the relatives and friends that have passed away that could not make it to our wedding in our program for our wedding next week. (we had 5 people pass away on our guest list in the past 1.5 years) bummer - anyway, how can I do this without being morbid? Does anyone have a suggestion of some nice wording or a poem?

Thanks!

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
A recent wedding had "The four roses on the alter honor our grandparents, Joe and Jane Brown, Julie Johnson, and John Smith, who are celebrating with us in Heaven".

DH''s paternal GF is still living but is not well, so we listed him among our grandparents in the wedding party like this: "Edward D cannot be with us today".

OldBride

Rough_Rock
Both my fiance''s and my father are deceased. I am planning to have two empty chairs in the front rows with a rose on each.
Deborah

Rube

Shiny_Rock
We didn''t have a page in our program (just written: "the late so-and-so"), but in the ceremony we had something about those who could be with us only in spirit. I think that wording probably could work in a program too.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
My friend''s mother died when she was very young, and on the last page of her program, like inside the back cover where you''d really only turn if you were looking for it.. she just wrote something like "On this joyus day, please take a moment to remember...(her moms name)" I thought it was really nice.. because it was out of the way, but it was still a nice way of remembering her mom.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I made my own programs and they were trifolded, so on the backside of the program (not the two flaps that folded inward, but the actual back panel, I just wrote "In loving memory of so-and-so" and had a nice piece of artwork printed below it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results