shape
carat
color
clarity

Wondering what this setting would be called

avidcollector

Rough_Rock
Hello,
Apologies if this is somewhere on the forum, I couldn't find any like it.
I believe this is an antique ring, although the stamps are misaligned or worn on the bottom.

I'm not sure what the setting would be called. I think it's a bit more complex than a claw setting, and it doesn't match a boat setting, from what I've seen

It has five diamonds, with the centre one being 2.5mm. I don't have much experience with diamonds, with most of my rings they are just accents rather than the main feature. So I'm not sure whether they are good quality, or what sort of cut they are (would love opinions on that too, if anybody knows). They do sparkle (so much I initially suspected they were CZ). I have tested them all with a diamond tester, and they pass with flying colours.

I have included a picture of the stamps as I am a bit undecided on those too. I can see it was assayed prior to 1975, but the date letter is missing the bottom part. The closest I could find on the two sites I have found would be a lower case q making it 1915-1916.

Thank you all so much for your help. I have been learning a lot on this forum.

18ct gold stamp.JPG

18ct gold side view.JPG
18ct gold setting.JPG ,

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Daaaaaang. That is beautiful!!!!
Sorry, I don’t know anything about stamps.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a pretty ring, I can't really help with the stamps or name of the setting but the diamonds look like old mine cuts to me.

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

avidcollector

Rough_Rock
Thank you everybody :):) Much appreciated

HHtv

Rough_Rock
Hello,
Apologies if this is somewhere on the forum, I couldn't find any like it.
I believe this is an antique ring, although the stamps are misaligned or worn on the bottom.

I'm not sure what the setting would be called. I think it's a bit more complex than a claw setting, and it doesn't match a boat setting, from what I've seen

It has five diamonds, with the centre one being 2.5mm. I don't have much experience with diamonds, with most of my rings they are just accents rather than the main feature. So I'm not sure whether they are good quality, or what sort of cut they are (would love opinions on that too, if anybody knows). They do sparkle (so much I initially suspected they were CZ). I have tested them all with a diamond tester, and they pass with flying colours.

I have included a picture of the stamps as I am a bit undecided on those too. I can see it was assayed prior to 1975, but the date letter is missing the bottom part. The closest I could find on the two sites I have found would be a lower case q making it 1915-1916.

Thank you all so much for your help. I have been learning a lot on this forum.

18ct gold stamp.JPG

18ct gold side view.JPG
18ct gold setting.JPG ,

It's a British ring and has a hallmark for Birmingham assay office and 18 karat gold. The date stamp looks like it may be a Q (or it could be a lowercase A). The 3 may be some form of import stamp? I am not so sure.

Beaders Secret

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hello Avidcollector, just noticed this post today, i’ve seen this style of setting named as “London Bridge”.

There would be a lot of history in that ring - gorgeous!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results