Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Wondering how much a live band would cost ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mrs.soontobealfonzo

Rough_Rock
We plan to have an outdoor wedding cermony and reception with a party of about 50, and would love to get a band. anyone get one or know about how much they can run ?

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Ours is around $6000 for a 9-piece band... but when we first started looking, I heard everything from $5000 - $13,000. That is in the Philly area though... it may vary depending on where you live.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
6K for 9 piece sounds about right and is actually quite reasonable. You will find bands a lot higher than that too, but if you shop around you can find around 700 per piece. For 50ppl, you can go with 5-6pieces. So I think you''re looking at 3-4K (without tips), if you''re willing to shop around. I found that bands that played full time were a great deal more expensive. Ours have full time jobs as well which allows them to be more reasonable in pricing. We have a 6 piece for wedding of 90-100.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well...my dad who plays in a band as a hobby, says that they won''t leave the house for less than $300/pp. I think that is certainly at the low end however, and it''s a square dance band, so take that to heart too.

I know they certainly play jobs for $1,000 (there are only 3 of them), but it totally depends on how "important" the band thinks they are and also the location.

Depending on what type of music you want, you could consider hiring a college jazz band. Wouldn''t necessarily be as good as a professional group, but they will usually play for a lot less!

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
My band will be $3000 for 5 musicians, and that includes travel from Nashville to western NC. I thought that was on the high end, but I guess not!

ETA: I didn't know that there was a correlation between number of guests and band size...Can someone explain this to me? my wedding will be about 125 people and now I am worried that my band is too small!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
you''re right..there is no real correlation. i guess if people are using huge space then bigger band fills it more.
you''ll be fine.

3000 might be highend for your area, but def not for east coast/ny area. everything is so ridiculously overpriced here!

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
we are paying $1000 for a 4 person band--they are local semi-professional...that''s super cheap, i think we got a deal b/c my mother used to work with the lead singer

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
not be be funny, but I think a minimum of 5000.00 and up to many tens of thousands. Depends I guess on number of members, how many hours they will play, travel distance, etc...

jasper

Rough_Rock
In the Seattle area, most professional 4-6 piece bands run between $1,000 and $4,000. (Union scale seems to be about $200 - $300 for each additional performer.) If you want to quickly get a range of prices, you can check with the local musician''s union or booking agency. If your area has a booking agency, the agency''s name will be mentioned on many of the music ads in the local bridal guides.

I wrote a little essay on shopping for a band:
http://talk.theknot.com/boards/User/Profile.aspx?UserID=53792#choosing_a_band

-- Jasper

We paid around $5500 for an 11 piece. And they were awesome!!! New Jersey area. My dad actually talked them down so I would definately try to bargain for it.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2007 5:27:38 PM
Author: fatafelice
My band will be $3000 for 5 musicians, and that includes travel from Nashville to western NC. I thought that was on the high end, but I guess not!

ETA: I didn''t know that there was a correlation between number of guests and band size...Can someone explain this to me? my wedding will be about 125 people and now I am worried that my band is too small!
i think the more peope attending, the bigger band you can have. we had 100 guests and a 5 member band. perfect imo.

Class n Sass

Shiny_Rock
I am actually booking my band any day now. I''m sooo excited because they are sooooo amazing! I just received the contract today and plan to look it over this evening. I''m in NYC and paying close to 6K for a 10 piece. They originally wanted almost twice that amount but I was referred to them by someone and I also talked them down. Good Luck!

Trelala

Shiny_Rock
I think gigmasters is a great way to find bands in your area. They even have prices, comments, photos and audio clips.gigmasters

For ppl interested in hiring an opera singer, operabase is a good place to start. OperaBase

Just for fun

A dishy young American tenor, for example, can cost as little as $300 for a 45-minute performance in your own home. “La Traviata” in your garden, with a professional cast of 20, costumes, stage and pianist, starts at around $10,000, not including travel costs. Bagging today’s hot soprano—say, Cecilia Bartoli—will cost between $15,000 to $25,000, depending on the event. Getting Luciano Pavarotti for your party might be dicey, but a good lead-time, a cheque for $30,000 and a fully stocked fridge would certainly put you in the running.

From The Economist

dani13

Ideal_Rock
We are having a 9 piece band- and are paying around $7500 for them to play at the cocktail hr and reception (NY area). That is around the going rate in my area for a band that size.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Princess Diana: Timeless Jewelry Every Woman Should Own
    Princess Diana: Timeless Jewelry Every Woman Should Own
    Diamond Jewelry For 4th Of July Quarantine Celebrations
    Diamond Jewelry For 4th Of July Quarantine Celebrations
    Fancy Greyish Yellowish Green Diamond
    Fancy Greyish Yellowish Green Diamond

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.