shape
carat
color
clarity

Women's Soccer World Cup

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Anyone watching it? Yay for the U.S. women's team! Abby Wambach is my new favorite athlete. That woman means business!

I actually mainly supported the German women's team, but alas they got kicked out by Japan. I wish Japan all the best, the Japanese people can use all the cheering up they need, even if it's "just" a win in sports.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I watched it! I also watched the Brazil game-WOW! One of the best wins (out of all sports) I've ever seen!

USAAAAAAAAAAA!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
thing2of2|1310582974|2968212 said:
I watched it! I also watched the Brazil game-WOW! One of the best wins (out of all sports) I've ever seen!

USAAAAAAAAAAA!
Hehe, I was pretty sure you'd respond. I know, the Brazil USA game was such a great game. A goal in the last minute of overtime of overtime! Crazy. And now you are facing Japan! They did look pretty good...

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
mscushion|1310590678|2968308 said:
thing2of2|1310582974|2968212 said:

USAAAAAAAAAAA!
Hehe, I was pretty sure you'd respond. I know, the Brazil USA game was such a great game. A goal in the last minute of overtime of overtime! Crazy. And now you are facing Japan! They did look pretty good...

The goal in stoppage time against Brazil was extra sweet because of Erika's ridiculous dive! There wouldn't have been so much stoppage time if she hadn't laid on the field for no reason!

I missed the Japan/Germany game and I couldn't watch the Japan/Sweden game today, either (I figured I had already spent enough time watching the US/France game at my desk :cheeky:) so I'm not familiar with them at all! Any thoughts on the match up?

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That cross kick and header into the goal in the 122nd minute in the USA v. Brazil game was a thing of beauty. And I'm so glad they won today although it sounds like France outplayed them for much of the game - just not when it counted.

I love that the women's game is getting so much attention.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
thing2of2|1310595313|2968366 said:
I missed the Japan/Germany game and I couldn't watch the Japan/Sweden game today, either (I figured I had already spent enough time watching the US/France game at my desk :cheeky:) so I'm not familiar with them at all! Any thoughts on the match up?
Well, I think the two teams play really different games...the U.S. play pretty physical and energetic and the Japanese played a highly technical game. I think the fact that the U.S. players are so much taller might give them a big advantage, particularly as Wambach has been liking her headers in this tournament. The U.S. just has the best athletes, period. My bet is on the U.S.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I can't wait for Sunday's game! I think the USA has played really well - yes, France outhandled them, but they couldn't make it count for anything. At the end of the day skill is great, but if you can't get the ball in the net, it's not worth much.

These games have been so much fun to watch. I'll be sad when it's over.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
The goal in stoppage time against Brazil was extra sweet because of Erika's ridiculous dive! There wouldn't have been so much stoppage time if she hadn't laid on the field for no reason!

I'm glad that fake injury came back to bite them in the ass, but part of me also wishes Erika would be suspended or at least fined for her actions. It was completely unsportsmanlike, and just disprespectful in general.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
star sparkle|1310748880|2969726 said:

I'm glad that fake injury came back to bite them in the a$$, but part of me also wishes Erika would be suspended or at least fined for her actions. It was completely unsportsmanlike, and just disprespectful in general.

Diving is the Brazilian way, though! She shouldn't be punished for that! :cheeky:

But seriously, I have nothing against playing up real body contact (and have done it myself in my soccer career!) but her dive was out of control! In cases like that I think something more than a yellow card is in order! Maybe even a red card?

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I agree, she should have gotten a red card, not a yellow.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results