shape
carat
color
clarity

women''s god given right?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This a story appropriate to "shopping forum". My husband is dropping me off to work. We have gotten into a habit of pointing out outfits we like (or don''t like) of people crossing the cross walk (there is this one cross walk we invariably have to stop at). He points out a woman wearing really nice tall (suede?) boots that lace up the back. He says you should get a pair of boots too. I say I looked at payless but all the shoes were too fugly and usually made of plastic. He says I''m not talking about payless, you should get yourself a nice pair of sexy boots. Don''t you know, it''s a woman''s god given right to go shopping for clothes."

Anyways we both laughed. I am not exactly a clothes horse (ok my sister teases me she''s going to call me into what not to wear) but neither is my husband (he still has shirts from high school). Part of me is pleased I''ve been given implicit permission to buy something I would''nt mind getting, but part of me is horrified, God, my wardrobe is so pitiful even my husband has noticed!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

It was a sign.................

cheers--Sharon

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY for shopping!!! LOL...We saw a woman yesterday walking down Boylston St. in Boston Wearing head to toe Burberry AND carrying a Burberry shopping bag! I mean, I love Burberry, but I think wearing it head to toe is crossing the line. I was so tempted to take a pic with my camera phone for Glamour Don''ts.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/8/2007 1:14:26 PM
Author:part gypsy
God, my wardrobe is so pitiful even my husband has noticed!!!
STOP IT RIGHT THERE, bub! Ixnay on the negative self-talk! I don''t even think you''re interpreting his intent correctly AT ALL. He wasn''t dissing your clothes or even teasing you about them. He was semi-fantasizing about you in some hot boots & how nice that would be ... for BOTH of you!
9.gif

And you go all ... he wants me to have nicer clothes because I LOOK SO HORRIBLE NOW. That talk-yourself-down place INSTEAD of the "let''s celebrate getting new boots" place.

Lemmie offer you a map to the "Let''s celebrate getting new boots" place. It''s called: The MALL.
9.gif

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deco, you are a dear. I think you''re right, he''s actually never critical of the way I look. I guess he just wants to show me off
11.gif

There has been a couple times recently he has encouraged me to get some clothes, in particular because I have lost my pregnancy weight and none of my clothes fit quite right. Even if they should fit they are stretched out from wearing during early pregnancy or post pregnancy. I go shopping, but have to get things for our girls and end up running out of time to shop for myself.

Last weekend I finally reserved some time for myself and got a twin sweater set and a new pair of jeans (first pair of jeans I have bought in literally years!!!). Wow it was nice wearing a pair of pants that actually fit my shape, and he gave me positive attention for that as well.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your husband sounds like a dream come true. Make the most of it!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, here is a really stupid question, how do you wear long boots? I can imagine wearing them with tights and a knit dress, but pants? The woman was wearing them over tight pants, but the pants I have are loose (even the jeans I bought recently are boot cut) and so the boots would be under the pants and you don''t really see them, right? I don''t want to be a dork and tuck pants that really shouldn''t be tucked into boots and look stupid.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/8/2007 2:17:12 PM
Author: MC
Your husband sounds like a dream come true. Make the most of it!
I agree!!! My hubby always complained that I spent too much $$$ on clothes: I liked Escada back in the 80''s, designer shoes and bags. We both were making good money, the kids were finished school and doing well, and the house was paid for. He was also known to have purchased designer Italian suits and shoes. He was very proud of the way I looked and dressed, but thought I could probably buy the same thing for less money. Hello????? Escada "knockoffs" do not fit nearly as well....
20.gif

Well, now he regrets saying those things as times have changed. We no longer have the high-flying 80''s desire for designer duds because we''re not living that lifestyle anymore....

It was fun while it lasted, but now my attitudes and ideas have changed. I still dress well, but not to the extent I did back then.

If your hubby is suggesting a new wardrobe for you, give him a big hug
30.gif
and head to the mall before he forgets what he said.
36.gif
36.gif

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I knew there was a reason I liked hanging out at Pricescope!

Kay

Ideal_Rock

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Be done with fretting and take that man boot shopping with you...let him help you pick them out, then wear them later (and nothing else). He''s telling you he thinks you''re gorgeous, not What Not To Wear-able.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like that idea, to go shopping with him. I''m actually kind of curious what he means by "sexy boots"...
Last time I saw my sister-in law she had on a really nice pair of boots and I asked her where she got them. She said Nordstroms, they are Frye, originally mucho bucks but on "sale" for $100
6.gif
. My problem is that I''m both a cheapskate but very picky, so I won''t buy it if I think it''s too expensive. For some reason gemstones and jewelry do somehow get past my frugal filter
31.gif

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Do you have a Burlington Coat Factory in your area? They have a pretty good boot selection & reasonably priced.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results