shape
carat
color
clarity

Woman reunited with 3ct e-ring after losing it 15 years ago!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
link to story

Apparised at 30k, the folks trying to pawn it asked for $200 :lol:

A lot of lucky circumstance resulting in a happy ending for this woman. ::)

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: Woman reunited with 3ct e-ring after losing it 15 years

Wow. I can't imagine how she felt to first loose it.... Then to get it back all those years later.

Imagine being a person who bought a3 ct stone for 200!!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock

That's in my state! Awesome! I wish I knew who it was - I'd love to see that pear in person. What an awesome story.

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock

Wow, this gives me hope! Maybe I will one day be reunited with my 2 ct. e-ring....it's been almost 4 years at this point :(

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade

nfowife|1307711542|2942453 said:
Wow, this gives me hope! Maybe I will one day be reunited with my 2 ct. e-ring....it's been almost 4 years at this point :(

Makes me hope - for you, for DoorKnobSolitaire, for anybody who's ever lost a piece of jewelry!

That said, I have the strong and sneaking suspicion that it was the ex-fiance wot did it.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock

I thought of dear DKS when I read this thread's title. I do hope she can be reunited with her doorknob one day!

What a great story!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

What a wonderful story.
Thanks for sharing Arj.

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock

I guess this ring wasn't insured, but what if it was and she had gotten the money and replaced it? I'm wondering what the protocol is and if there is a statute of limitations in this type of situation.
I got my insurance money at the time of the loss (late 2007). Just replaced it in the past 2 months so it was 3.5 years between the loss and replacement (we moved overseas so decided to postpone replacing until we were back in the states). What if I was cleaning or something and found my ring hidden somewhere (we rented out our house and are now back in it). Would I be obligated to return my new ring, my old, ring, or get to keep both? When I first got the $$ I was still hoping the ring might turn up somewhere....but no such luck.

A friend of mine's mother lost a 2ct. stud earring a number of years ago and got the insurance payout. 7 YEARS later she's going through her closet and finds the earring in a shirt pocket! She didn't repay the insurance company then but I just wonder what the protocol is.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

I can;t imagine she would get an insurance claim without making a police report. Great that she got it back. a few things bother me about it. First that she charged it on her card. in 1997 the equivalent of 30k today was still a lot of money. Secondly, how could the police confiscate the ring from the people trying to sell it with no crime report or anything indicating that the ring was stolen other tha the low asking price? I would think that after a year of searching for a crime they would have to give it back to the "Fence" . So the police can confiscate property without cause and hold it with no supporting evidence and then not return it to whom they took it from but to sell it themselves? Very disturbing.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Great story, but I felt the same as VapidLapid. How could the police take it when there was no evidence that it was stolen. Wouldn't
they be 'stealing' it from the people selling it? It sounds just a bit fishy to me.... It sounds like the dealer didn't buy it from the couple but just called the police.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock

There's hope for Door Knob Solitaire! :bigsmile: (I miss her.)

It's funny how so many of us thought of her. We all miss her.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results