shape
carat
color
clarity

Woah! We''re engaged!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cartwheel

Rough_Rock
We got engaged last Friday on the way down from Mt. Tallac in Desolation Wilderness near Lake Tahoe. It was a tough, but gorgeous hike and I had absolutely no idea it was going to happen!

On the way down, Mr. Cartwheel started to tell me all the reasons why he loved me and I thought he was just being sweet. We reached a spot with an amazing view and he turned around and said something about our commitment to each other and how now is a good time to celebrate that commitment. He puled out a ring, got down on his knee, and asked me to marry him. I screamed, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" and starting crying. I kept saying over and over, "I have ugly cry face!"

Eventually, I said, "Of course."
25.gif

The ring:
Cushion Brilliant
1.1 Carat
G
VS1
L/W 1.01 (A little more square than I usually like, but it''s still beautiful!)
No Fluorescence
No Culet

Next up: PICS!
36.gif

Cartwheel

Rough_Rock
The lighting was really bad today. Though I think a lot of it had to do with the photographer.
20.gif

Cartwheel Tableshot_GIMP.jpg

Cartwheel

Rough_Rock
On a little incense thingy we have.

Cartwheel Incense Shot_GIMP.jpg

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty. Much happiness to you both.

Cartwheel

Rough_Rock
On the mountain right after the proposal. My fingers were SO swollen from the hike, I could barely get the ring on. I was a little unsure it would ever come off!

Cartwheel Mtn Shot_GIMP.jpg

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
congratulations on your engagement!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

your ring is gorgeous!!!!!
30.gif
cushions are my favorite and your stone is just lovely...look at those yummy facets! more pics and hand shots pretty please!
18.gif

btw, i was cracking up at the "i have an ugly cry face!" part! LOL! what an awesome proposal story!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
OOO awesome!!
congrats to you both,
and what a beaut of an e-ring.
I adore cushions!!

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/5/2009 10:39:15 PM
Author:cartwheel
We got engaged last Friday on the way down from Mt. Tallac in Desolation Wilderness near Lake Tahoe. It was a tough, but gorgeous hike and I had absolutely no idea it was going to happen!

On the way down, Mr. Cartwheel started to tell me all the reasons why he loved me and I thought he was just being sweet. We reached a spot with an amazing view and he turned around and said something about our commitment to each other and how now is a good time to celebrate that commitment. He puled out a ring, got down on his knee, and asked me to marry him. I screamed, ''WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!'' and starting crying. I kept saying over and over, ''I have ugly cry face!''

Eventually, I said, ''Of course.''
25.gif

The ring:

Cushion Brilliant

1.1 Carat

G

VS1

L/W 1.01 (A little more square than I usually like, but it''s still beautiful!)

No Fluorescence

No Culet

Next up: PICS!
36.gif
Ahhhh congratulations!! Your ring is beautiful and I LOVE your reaction! So cute!
9.gif
Congratulations on your engagement!!
21.gif

Cartwheel

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone! It was such an amazing day!

I *do* love my ring, but I think I''m going to change the setting. The SO purposely got the most plain setting he could find with the intention that it wouldn''t be a big deal if I changed it. I just think it needs a little love.
30.gif

I''m going to post in SMTR to get some feedback, so if you all have any ideas...

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/5/2009 10:52:07 PM
Author: cartwheel
Thanks everyone! It was such an amazing day!

I *do* love my ring, but I think I''m going to change the setting. The SO purposely got the most plain setting he could find with the intention that it wouldn''t be a big deal if I changed it. I just think it needs a little love.
30.gif

I''m going to post in SMTR to get some feedback, so if you all have any ideas...

well when you put it that way... what are your thoughts on halos.
I do Love the simple setting it makes your diamond pop, but if you want something else I''m sure we could toss a few ideas at ya.

simplefears

Rough_Rock
I think the 4 prongs make it seem more square. It sure is lovely.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Very exciting! Congrats
1.gif

MermaidKelly

Shiny_Rock
36.gif
Yay congrats to you!

Erinleigh

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!!! And I''m +1 for the halo... I love halos and think your cushion would suit one brilliantly!!

ringless

Shiny_Rock
Aw so sweet! Congratulations!!! Your ring is gorgeous! I''ve been pretty partial to Round Brilliant''s, now it may be Cushions! Beautiful!

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, I''m sure whatever you decide on with the setting will be wonderful, it''s such a beautiful stone!

FroggyMont

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!! I love that ring!

CheshireSmile

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! Love the ring!

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! That is a cute proposal!

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!!! It''s gorgeous

Count me in with those who are pro-halo :)

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Aww, great proposal and lovely ring! Congrats!
36.gif

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! I love your ring - it is so classic and elegant. Perfect!
1.gif

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! I gasped when I saw the first picture. It''s SO, SO beautiful. I actually really love the way it looks in the simple setting. Like someone else said, I think it really makes it pop. BUT, I''m also head-over-heels for halos...

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow what a beautiful ring! Congratulations to you!!! I''d love to see more photos
31.gif

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your engagement! Your ring is beautiful and looks great on your hand (I cannot tell that your fingers are swollen).

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Cartwheel!!!

All the best to you, and what a lovely ring! It is just gorgeous....I love a good cushion!
36.gif
36.gif

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!! What a sweet proposal.. And what a beautiful ring!!
Your cushion is lovely!!

36.gif

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! I love your proposal story. AND the ring!
30.gif

My fave settings for cushions are the really blingy daimond covered ones. Not my style but I think the best cushion settings I''ve seen are the real sparklers.

Bjedifish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Congrats!!!! the ring is beautiful!!!
36.gif
36.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!!! Lovely ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results