shape
carat
color
clarity

With your wedding band, did you have a "this is THE ONE" moment?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
You know how a lot of people (including myself!) have one of those, "Oh my goodness, this is THE ONE!!! YES!! Found it!!!" moment with their wedding dress? Well, did you guys have that with your wedding band as well?

Just asking because I *think* I''ve decided on a wedding band and will order it this week or next...but am not 100% sure it is the best choice. So, those of you who shopped for your own wedding band, did THE ONE jump out at you? Or, tap you on the shoulder and introduce itself as a nice option for you to contemplate?

Me? No. I am having a terrible time finding one that is THE ONE. So I might just go with a plain plat band until I can make up my mind.
38.gif

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
I am struggling with finding "the one" right now. It is hard for me because I wear a size 2.5 ring and ALL bands look awkward on me. I *think* I really want a full diamond eternity and will have to have one custom made so I hope I feel that it is THE ONE when I get it!
32.gif
It doesn''t help that my normally non-sentimental FI told me he is going to get me ONE band and that band will be my one and only wedding band...

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I had a terrible time finding a band. Originally I wanted to wear my e-ring on the right hand and just get a chunky eternity for the left, but chunky eternities looked like donuts on my size-8 finger. Then I decided that I would rather have the Cartier Trinity band with diamonds on the rose gold band. I bought that, then felt guilty about the cost and returned it. Then I decided I wanted to wear my e-ring on the left, so I had it sized for my left hand and went back to the idea of a round brilliant eternity band (smaller this time, with a chunkier eternity for my right hand for an anniversary). Then I decided I''d rather have a band that was more fun, maybe something with alternating shapes. Specifically something with sapphires. Then I thought a plain platinum band would be best. Eventually I went back to just a simple eternity. Then I decided it was uncomfortable and that a half eternity was better. And that''s what I got.

Since then I have gotten a sapphire band, a plain band and a trinity band from rolling ring.com. I STILL think about changing my wedding band.

Very few things jump out as "THE ONE!" for me, but I definitely found my wedding band to be one of the toughest decisions. I think that if you gravitate back towards a particular style, that''s probably about as big of an indication of something being "the one" as you''re going to get.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
I wanted an eternity from ID Jewelry. But, due to last minute budget issues, I had to find something in my new budget. I had a tough time finding a band, but ended up in a maul store buying a small princess cut band that actually matches my e-ring nicely. I will absolutely be upgrading when we can.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
OK, PS ate my post three times so this will be short
20.gif

yep, DH and were both like "that''s the one"

saster

Rough_Rock
I did! But with two different rings. lol. So now I''m trying to narrow it down...

They are both fabulous in their own way, and not "matchy" at all, which is why I think it''s difficult. If I just wanted something to match, it would have been easy-peasy, but I wanted a little visual interest and contrast.

Good luck with the decision! I''m so glad I don''t have to make the choice too soon.

What''s really strange is I had a "that''s my ring!" moment with the engagement ring and wband(s), but not my dress... hmmmm...

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
There was no moment where the WB jumped out at me, but after trying on many many different styles of bands, I kept returning to the band that I originally loved, which was a three row domed pave. We realized that there would be no other band for me, so it was bought. It''s sitting all pretty and wrapped up in my drawer until the big day
39.gif

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Definitely not! My fiance had my engagement ring custom made, along with a matching wedding band. They are both half-eternity, and when he showed me the wedding band and let me try it on, I really didn't like it! There's nothing wrong with it at all, and it is a pretty band, but I had been so used to looking at my delicate engagement ring by itself that seeing another band below it really threw me off. I think I will get used to it. I hope anyway :)

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not really. I tried it on and then decided to keep looking. A couple weeks and 5 or 6 stores later, there was no other band that matched better, so we went back and got it.
3.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
No. I never had a "This is the ONE!" moment.

I always knew I wanted a 2mm comfort fit plain polished band. I based my ering around it. I based his ering around it. I based half the wedding around it.

Ok. Just kidding on the last one. Maybe...

No, but really, I knew what I wanted my wedding band to be waaaaaaaaaaaaaay before I was even close to being engaged.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Yep. I thought I knew what I wanted (plain 2mm platinum band) but I was trying on rings for fun at Tiffany one day and the alternating bezel just made my heart skip. I couldn't stop thinking about it. So I did one better, tweaked the design a bit, and had it done to my specifications (and for half the price) by BGD. I still want to get a thin platinum band at some point, but I have to say, I LOVE my wedding set. And I didn't always love my e-ring before, so I know I made the right decision.

Never got that feeling with the dress, though...

Nov2109

Shiny_Rock
I did not have that "moment" with either the ring or the dress. Until I found PS i thought there was something wrong with me...but not everyone has a "say yes to the dress crying moment"! We purchased our bands a few months ago and I thought, well it matches and sits flush so lets go with it. I try it on every now and then and I start to like it even more(it also makes my diamond look bigger? weird, I know, I don''t have asscher shrinkage, mine seems to get bigger, yay!)

I have had moments where I cry when I look at pictures of me in my dress, its way too big on me(I lost some weight, but not 3 sizes!), and I was kind of rushed into purchasing it, for no reason at all, I had a little over a year(long story). Its a beautiful dress, and I hope I fall back in love with it once it fit rights...my first fitting is at the end of the month, im keeping my fingers crossed!

I do on the other hand like the ring we purchased better than the supposed matching band(it didnt sit flush and was 3x as much!)

jjdav

Shiny_Rock
Hi Gwen, I was following your other post and am happy for you that things are working out
1.gif

I sorta had the moment - I really had no idea what I wanted in a WB, I just wanted it to be comfortable and platinum (since my e-ring is platinum). When we had the e-ring custom made, I asked for a really low profile, which meant that most WBs won''t sit flush with it. My MIL suggested that I should have some diamonds on the WB for some sparkle when I''m wearing it alone, why would I turn down more sparklies? Hubby thought it was a good idea so we started looking again and researching the cost of going custom.

I didn''t really want to go custom again for the WB as it would have been more expensive, so we kept looking and when we saw this one, it was like ''aha! found you!''. Most people can''t even tell they are not a matching set
2.gif

So to make a long story shorter, basically, I tried it on and met all of my requirements so we were sold on it .

Cheers
9.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
I found mine at an antique jewelry store and it really did jump out at me, but I think it was because it was a unique vintage piece. I had tried on a few previously and no one style jumped out at me.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Gwen - i NEVER had that moment, but i am glad i chose what i did, because it was a 3 mm white gold band, and it''s so versatile. I can wear it anywhere, and it''s a great band to have, both with my ering or on its own.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I must be in the minority because I totally did!
I love my wedding band
30.gif

beltane

Shiny_Rock
My wedding band is lovely (1/2 eternity princess diamonds, 1 ctw) and although I do love it, when it is beside my engagement ring I feel like the whole thing is too "busy". I think I really would like a simple 2mm band. When I have tried to bring this up to my fiance, he says "No... you DESERVE a full carat of diamonds on your wedding band!" He has such wonderful intentions, but doesn''t seem to get that I would prefer something simple and elegant. And the trouble is: I am the one who originally chose this band!

I''m hoping to talk with him next week when we are away on vacation. I''m hoping to convince him that my 1/2 eternity band could be a lovely RHR, maybe my wedding present, and I could get a simple thin band for my wedding band. Then on special occasions I could always wear the diamond band on my left hand to jazz things up? *sigh* I dunno... it''s a pretty ring, but beside my engagement ring... I''m not over the moon and it feels silly because I have a whackload of diamonds on my hand and I feel like I should be happier than I am.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
No moment for me. I wore a plain band for our ceremony and DH bought me a lovely eternity band 2 months after our wedding. I still haven''t found the perfect band yet.

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
I had a "THIS WILL WORK FOR NOW" moment. Based on our budget, I chose a platinum 3/4 pave diamond ring to go with my e-ring.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I certainly had a ton of "this is NOT the one" moments. I started with what I thought I wanted, whittled it down to what was available that I liked, eventually ordered a custom ring, sight-unseen, type-untried but it really was the ONE.

I lurve my set as a set. I would never wear my band alone, but I do think I knocked it out of the park in terms of finding something totally me that I totally loved. I did not think I would never get there, though.

I say try to envision what you think looks perfect with your e-ring and custom order if you can''t find it.

What did your grandmother pair with it?

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
I liked pictures of it, but was nervous about how it would look with my ring. I took a chance and ordered it, and fell in love once it was on my finger for a few days. Beverly K actually made a mistake and sent the wrong one (half the diamonds were missing). Because it arrived right before the wedding, they said to keep it until the correct one could be made, and they would switch it out after the honeymoon. At first, I thought it looked weird since I knew what it was supposed to look like, but by the time the new one came in, I was considering just keeping the original "wrong" one.

Anyway, my point is that as long as you like it now, I bet you will "fall in love" with it once it''s on your finger.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I did. I have pretty short fingers and a fairly wide engagement ring so I didn''t have a lot of finger real-estate left. I tried on ring after ring and nothing looked right, until I tried on my wedding band. It was perfect! So, yes... I had the aha moment. But I don''t think it''s necessary for a ring, unless you are really sentimental and can never ever get a new one... then it might be more important to be sure.

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
I didn't have a "this is the one" moment. After trying on 50 or so rings, there was a particular one I kept thinking about, so eventually we ended up getting it. However, now that I've been wearing my w-band for a few months I'm realizing that the half eternity drives me crazy, although I still love the design. The spinning issue will be better in the summer when its warmer, but I really should have just gotten a custom design full eternity. I will be upgrading to a full eternity in the near future.

cakegirl

Shiny_Rock
My e ring is a 2.5 carat eternity band, so I wasn''t sure what I was going to do. I picked out 2 online I thought would be perfect, but when I tried on some different styles at some jewelry stores I realized they would not work at all.
I am getting a 2mm shared prong eternity band from ID jewelry. I will eventually get a second one to wear on the other side of the ring. i will probably get a plain band to wear to work since I am a chef.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
a bunch of plain sterling bands of different widths were very helpful in finding The One.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oddly enough, I had more of a ''This is the one'' moment with my ring than my dress.

I put it on, and it looked perfect to me!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t have a "that''s the one!" moment with my wedding dress, but I definitely did with my wedding band. I tried on tons of them, and was constantly going, "No . . . nope . . . yuck . . . definitely no . . . geez, that looks bad." Finally, the SA at Tiffany''s said I should try on the Jazz. I hadn''t considered it at all, but I thought I''d just try it for fun. The minute it was on my finger with my e-ring, I thought, "Yes, this is perfect." I had Whiteflash make one with slightly larger diamonds (and custom-made to fit my small finger) for much less money. I love the way it looks with my e-ring--it adds sparkle and shine, but doesn''t take away from my beloved EC.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I did. Not for my dress or anything else wedding related, but I did for one of the wedding bands. The plain one I just bought one that I thought I'd like that would be hard wearing. I'm forever looking to replace it and wish I'd looked harder to begin with.

ETA: I did have another "the one" moment with a plain wedding band yesterday. I'm having a hard time justifying UK prices though so am trying to find it through a PS or another US based vendor. I tried it on in white gold, want it in palladium, and it's 3 times the price in the UK than a very similar one is on BN US. I may go for it anyway because even though it's plain (and I'm already married) it's just perfection...and it looks great with my original antique wedding band too!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I did. I had been looking for something that was plain platinum, but I wanted it to be special - more than just a plain band. I knew I had found it when I saw Coati's concave milgrained band and I had one made with that as inspiration. I love it! I got the plain band I wanted so I don't have to worry about getting it dirty or banging it into things, but it's also special and I've never seen another one like it outside of Coati's.

eta: I also knew my dress the moment I saw it in a runway pictorial in a bridal magazine (the first one my MIL bought me). I think I'm just a good decision maker
3.gif
I tend to know very quickly what I want in most situations.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results