shape
carat
color
clarity

with the price of diamonds increasing every week....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
is there a point were you say to yourself "i give up" this is too much. i mean i see some 2+ ct rb''s that jump up 10% from last week.
6.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perhaps with the new wave of cut grades things might start looking better in time
10.gif

No need to give up
6.gif

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
When are the lab created colorless diamonds gonna come out?
2.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/10/2005 4
6.gif
1:31 AM
Author: ForteKitty
2.gif
i''m not into lab created diamonds plus their not cheap.
38.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
No, I wouldn't "give up," if the price went too high, but price hikes would result in me putting a purchase on the back burner for now.

We're looking to upgrade our house w/in the next year or two and would like something with a water view, so the only way I'm going to be buying diamonds is if my secret money stash start reproducing with one another.
9.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
the only way I''m going to be buying diamonds is if my secret money stash start reproducing with one another.
let me know if this works out for you mc! i could use some money reproduction!
(is that still considered laundering?)

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2005 6
6.gif
4:49 PM
Author: Dancing Fire

Date: 3/10/2005 4
6.gif
1:31 AM
Author: ForteKitty
2.gif
i''m not into lab created diamonds plus their not cheap.
38.gif
I would buy if they''re cheap enough. It doesn''t matter whether it''s natural or not... if I were concerned about being au natural, i wouldn''t wear makeup or shave.
1.gif
Carbon is carbon.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't know about the colorless ones but Chatham Created Pink or Blue Diamonds retail for $8640/ct for sizes .90-1.20ct, VS clarity, and $7776/ct for SI clarity. Chatham Created Yellow Diamonds in the same sizes retail for $5940/ct VS, and $5346/ct SI.

Just found this link after I posted: http://www.chatham.com/diamondprices.html

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/10/2005 7:51:37 PM
Author: cflutist
Don''t know about the colorless ones but Chatham Created Pink or Blue Diamonds retail for $8640/ct for sizes .90-1.20ct, VS clarity, and $7776/ct for SI clarity. Chatham Created Yellow Diamonds in the same sizes retail for $5940/ct VS, and $5346/ct SI.

Just found this link after I posted: http://www.chatham.com/diamondprices.html
cflutist
that''s what i mean,these ain''t cheap
6.gif
i don''t think they can create colorless yet at least not in the 1+ ct size.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
but fancies aren''t cheap either.....would you consider a fancy yellow/amber? what about drawbacks? if carbon is carbon, then it shouldn''t chip, fade, or be eye noticeably different from a nature created diamond.....would the average person on the street...even a pricescoper...be able to tell the difference?

peace, movie zombie

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
From what I've read, the lab grown diamonds are diamonds and are identical in composition to mined diamonds...the problem is getting colorless grades in sizes > 1 ct. At least this is what I've heard/seen on TV.

Even the lab fancies don't come out above 1-1.5 cts.... I'd want at least 4 ct yellow radiant.
31.gif

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Forget the yellows.. I''m going for a blue cushion! It''s okay, i don''t mind waiting until they can get one big enough.. it''ll still be tons cheaper than a natural one!
9.gif

psuheather

Shiny_Rock
I''ve heard that the colors of the lab grown diamonds are very obviously not synthetic and, if you know your colored diamonds, is easy to spot. But I have also heard that that is the only obvious distinction...I guess producing colorless diamonds would take care of that problem

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results