shape
carat
color
clarity

With much to be thankful for...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
...wishing you all, all the best on the eve of the Thanksgiving holiday.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Yes,

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

bar01

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone !

I am considering buying a Turkey – I am thinking of a 15 lb butterball – Some Questions-

1) Is that turkey big enough? I mean everyone around here seems to have much bigger turkeys.

2) Maybe we should just get a smaller one now and get a bigger one next year?

3) Should I be paying for the butterball brand premium? Will I see a difference from the local store bought turkeys?

4) Whats a fair price for this ?

5) Do you know any safe places to buy a turkey in my town – or should I buy off the Internet? I went to a few local shops near me and they all seemed like butchers.

6) What about color – how much "Golden Color" is acceptable? Should this color be evaluated face up in the pan?

7) How important is the setting for my turkey?

8) What’s a good "table size" for my turkey?

9) I was thinking of hunting down and shooting my own turkey - what kind of "scope" should I use?

10) How do I make sure I have a well-cut turkey?

11) I don't know - maybe I should just get a ham. I see you have a "ham section" on this board. I don't know - a ham just doesn't seem traditional - and those folks over on that section are a little weird.

Have a good Thanksgiving folks !
9.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I saw this on another site.

Enjoy!

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for making me laugh out loud...I really needed that!

Happy Thanksgiving...
I am thankful for my family and the people that love me and that I love.
For friends that make life better, and for those friends I have yet to meet that will make life better.
For all the small joys and large wonders that are presented to me daily...
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Eat lots of PIE!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Lol John. I like that one!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!!!
2.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
LOL bar01...That''s great!

Happy Turkey Day, Folks!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
ROFL ... Just what I needed after killing myself today! Happy Thanksgiving (as in Thank God it''s over!)
2.gif
1.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/24/2004 4:52:51 PM
Author: bar01
Hi everyone !

I am considering buying a Turkey – I am thinking of a 15 lb butterball – Some Questions-

1) Is that turkey big enough? I mean everyone around here seems to have much bigger turkeys.

2) Maybe we should just get a smaller one now and get a bigger one next year?

3) Should I be paying for the butterball brand premium? Will I see a difference from the local store bought turkeys?

4) Whats a fair price for this ?

5) Do you know any safe places to buy a turkey in my town – or should I buy off the Internet? I went to a few local shops near me and they all seemed like butchers.

6) What about color – how much ''Golden Color'' is acceptable? Should this color be evaluated face up in the pan?

7) How important is the setting for my turkey?

8) What’s a good ''table size'' for my turkey?

9) I was thinking of hunting down and shooting my own turkey - what kind of ''scope'' should I use?

10) How do I make sure I have a well-cut turkey?

11) I don''t know - maybe I should just get a ham. I see you have a ''ham section'' on this board. I don''t know - a ham just doesn''t seem traditional - and those folks over on that section are a little weird.

Have a good Thanksgiving folks !
9.gif
OH MY GOD......you HAVE been here too long!

That is the funniest thing I think I''d read on here in two years.

Happy Turkey Day all.......among all the things I''m thankful for, I''d include Bar''s very catchy post in the list. Thanks for the chuckles today!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/24/2004 7:17:24 PM
Author: sevens one
I saw this on another site.

Enjoy!

OK, and then I saw THIS from Seven''s and nearly peed my pants laughing. Almost tipped out of the office chair (casters, yanno!)

Again, thanks for the levity.

Judi W

Shiny_Rock
This thread cracked me up as well! It''s funny how some of us are so careful about calories, carbs, and fat content all year and on Thanksgiving we just go completely to hell - I can''t imagine how I''m going to crawl into bed tonight....I''m as stuffed as that ol Turkey was tonight!

Hope everyone counted their blessings....and continues to do so!

emteeth.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
We just got home and we are planning 'round 2' of dinner complete with a second and third helping of pie! My family tends to have a 'Thanksgiving late lunch' and then we go see a movie (National Treasure was this year's pick...pretty good actually)...so right about now we start getting hungry again!
31.gif

Speaking of stuffing ones self full, I had to let the first button out on my pants after eating!
23.gif
Ahh, the holiday season has begun!
5.gif

heart prongs

Shiny_Rock
And it''s so nice not to have worry about fitting into a wedding dress this holiday season!!! That, among other things, is what I''m thankful for!!! klr

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2004 12:12:59 AM
Author: Mara
We just got home and we are planning ''round 2'' of dinner complete with a second and third helping of pie! My family tends to have a ''Thanksgiving late lunch'' and then we go see a movie (National Treasure was this year''s pick...pretty good actually)...so right about now we start getting hungry again!
31.gif

We also saw National Treasure on thanksgiving. It was good, but I think it was a bit Disneyish. . .good for kids, especially, but the jokes were kind of luke warm.

That said I''m SO glad to be home. We drove ***16 hours*** round trip with a two and four-year-old duo of boys and they did wonderfully, thankgoodness (so this is what I''m most thankful for this year - lol), so we''re just settling in here and I''m drinking tea and trying to figure out a way to detox my kids after they ate probably 1000 grams of sugar over the last three days.
14.gif
Bleh!

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I have a lot to be thankful for, and I am very aware of it, but right now, I am mostly thankful to not be cooking. I shopped for and cooked Thanksgiving dinner for 8 and then a birthday dinner for 15 yesterday. I'm done....I'm eating leftovers or out for the rest of the month.....
emotion-20.gif

I hope everyone had a great one -- Bar01 and sevens one -- you provided a great break in there!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results