shape
carat
color
clarity

Wishful!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Silly question, how did you guys handle money when you were in Belize? Does the VH have an ATM? Did you bring travelers checks or did the hotel let you take out cash/cash a check?

Lol yes, I have traveled internationally, but not to such a small place as Ambergris Cay.

Also, what were the food/drink prices like?

Thanks!!

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
Victoria House does not have an ATM. There are a couple Banks/ATMs in the town of San Pedro (which is either a 5 dollars US or 10 Belizean cab ride) or you can ride bikes (free from the hotel) or rent a golf cart from the hotel.

My husband got money from the bank mostly and I think once the hotel gave us cash and put that on our bill. If you are taking a taxi into town they will totally stop and wait for you while you run in to do banking or even run errands (we bought some wine to take back to our room one day)

I remember the prices of food and drink being fairly pricey. I mean they gotcha there..
Food at Victoria House was pretty good - stick with the fish...the steak wasn''t great. The Ceviche San Pedro on their menu was sOOOOOO good I ate it probably every day maybe twice a day!!!

Also check out a place called Mango - it''s hard to get into because it''s small but it was good. Perhaps have VH make a reservation a day in advance.

OHH and you MUST take the water taxi to Rojo Lounge which is way up on the north part of the Island. It''s GOOOOD! and swanky!!!! Sort of small bites/ tapas style food. D-lish.
VH can arrange that for you.

Oh you should request Eduardo as your taxi driver. He''s fun. He calls all the women (regardless of shape, size or color) Barbie. HA! it was hilarious! I asked him if I was a Barbie and he said in his "island" accent. You are ORIGINAL Barbie. Ha..haaa.. funny. he was a kick in the pants. We loved him.

Anything else??? :)

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL, I''ll have to remember Eduardo...

When you say pricy, what do you mean? Like $20 entrees?

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
p.s the golf carts are overrated. they are a PITA to park in town and we actually got a 35 dollar parking ticket! so unless you are good with a golf cart and feel comfortable driving around the very busy town of San Pedro I''d go for the bikes.

Also riding the bikes can be sort of nervewracking (at least it was for me with all the golf carts and Toyota Previa''s and other cylcists whizzing by) so if you head into town in the earlier morning not only is it cooler but there is slightly less traffic.

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
uh between 20-30 usually.

I think VH has a menu on line that you can look at to get some ideas.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
20-30?!?! For mediocre food?!?! Wow, that''s like top-of-the-line Boston restaurant pricing!

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
the only thing on the menu at VH that I did not care for was the steak. I like steak medium rare and it was thin and cooked more medium. Their tenderloin was not like the Filets we have here in the US - it was more flat.
Other than that I enjoyed the food.

Lemme go check the menu to make sure and I will see if I can remember any of the other places we ate.

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
ok here is the link to Rojo Lounge http://www.azulbelize.com/rojo.html

prices on the menu at VH are:
Appetizers 9-20 dollars

Salad - 8-10 dollars

Main Entrees - 23-32 dollars

- the other place was called Wild Mango - I couldn''t find a website to get the menu..but you can look at it on trip advisor.

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
Are you from Boston? I am originally from there.
1.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I work in Boston (lived there for five years), but I live in RI.

This info is really helpful. Now at least I know how much to bring for food alone!

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
Cool! well let me know if you have any other questions. always happy to help!!

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
Wild Mango''s in San Pedro is DE-LISH!

(We got engaged in Ambergis on our vacation last year).

Also, check out the manatees if you can.

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
I know!!! the chef at Wild Mango used to be the Chef at Victoria House.
Ambergris Caye was so much fun.

eta: we didnt' get to see the manatees... I was bummed but we did snorkel out by the reef and it was really cool. Way more fish than we saw in Maui!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results