shape
carat
color
clarity

Wishes for my sister and her cat

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My sister has had her baby kitty, Kallie, for 13 years. Kallie became ill this past week, stopped eating, started drinking a lot, and has been falling over. When my sister took Kallie to the vet the vet ran some tests (due back this week), gave the cat meds, and sent her back home. Kallie has been improving for the past 24-48 hours but today my sister had to take her to emergency care. It''s likely her kidneys and she''ll die.

This cat is my sister''s baby. My sister & Kallie love each other so much. My sister is having a tough time anyway. She''s been in and out of college/university because she can''t afford to attend every semester, right now she''s taking 18 credit hours, she has a 30 hour a week job, and she just had foot surgery a week ago so she can''t get around very well right now. Life just isn''t going smoothly for her...and now her baby is dying.

My sister is a deeply religious person (I''m not at all). She wouldn''t ask me to pray for her precious because she knows me too well, but if any of you guys are religious would you please for her baby kitty? Or just for my sister in general? I don''t even know what to do for my sister right now.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry. And I can feel your anguish. You really don't have to know what you are doing or what you are asking of us. You already are expressing your sincere concern for your sister and her beloved. That is what is needed right now. Your support and concern...and understanding as you have already learned, that to her, this little life is so much more than a furry pet. It is her family. Our relationship with our animals is never bitter sweet like it can be with humans. Her little baby always loved her...always supported her...and was never disappointed or in disagreement with her. Her life with that cat hasn't had any bitterness. The pain can be overwhelming...sometimes more so than with a human death.

Being sensitive and your treating this like the loss it is to her, is as paramount as if it was a human death...is the most important thing I can advise you. Above all prayers you are grasping for...what you do now is the most any of us can do.

I would cook for her. Clean for her. Run errands. Hold her. Listen to her...and above all, please don't remind her she can get another...etc. There is no more an other than there is any other person when we loose one. I don't know why people say you can get another...as they don't when you loose your mother or father. But for non pet owners, it is obvious they think it is a solution. The next week that comes will be tougher and harder on her. That emptiness can be so harrowing. It is her time-allow her to take how much she needs. Then the next month and first holidays or some special time will come and it will all hit her again...please be patient.

Listen to her....and be prepared for a very long time of her needing to be handled with care. Sitting down to her first meal is painful. Waking to take her first shower is unbelievable...you just can't fathom the finality.

We have a few beloved members here who have shared their losses with us. It has been a very long hard road to return to normalcy. Life simply doesn't just pick up ...and for your sister, I pray she is supported by those around her who love her. From your post, it is obvious that you do. My best to your sister, from the heart.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
You might print this and give it to her when the time is right...it has helped many of us...

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sending prayers of strength to your sister and healing prayers to her darling Kallie.
12.gif
12.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you.
DKS, I''ll read that to my sister when I speak with her later. I''m sure that she''ll appreciate it.
Kaleigh, thank you.

I''m having such a tough time with this as well so I''m letting Jen, my sister, lead the conversations. Kallie has been given medication and has gone home with my sister to my mother''s house (Jen can''t care for her dog, a sick cat, and herself - she''s had two falls since her foot surgery and there''s a chance she really hurt her foot last time). Kallie is expected to live for just a few days at most because it is kidney failure. My mom is having to rearrange her house because my mother''s new kitten is FIV positive so she and Kallie can''t be together.

My indoor cat, Addy, fell out of the window and got lost outside for over 5 weeks last year. I was so ill over it, so scared and I cried for days and days. And there was a chance that my precious Addy would come back. I can imagine what my sister is going through in a way and I think that''s part of why I''m so upset over it. Jen has so much to get through right now.

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
I am of a different religious persuasion, but if that isn''t a problem, I wall pray to Bast (goddess of cats) for her.
My parents oldest is 17 and her kidneys are starting to fail. Unfortunately, nothing can really be done but to make them comfortable in these dificult times. You might think of things to do with the baby once she goes since your sister will be unlikely to be in any position to think of these things. Just keep reminding her that she lived a great, long life and tat your sister should be happy for all the things she did for her.
I am so sorry and hope all is as well as it can be.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results