shape
carat
color
clarity

Wish Me Luck

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
I had my last cigarette 1/4/07 at 9:30 a.m. EST. That''s yesterday folks!!!! Yay me. I am using the gum just to take the edge off the withdrawals. Believe me, my family is grateful for that.
2.gif
So far, it hasn''t been too bad. I was going to go cold turkey, but about five hours in, I was either going to get Nicorrette (sp) or cigarettes. I chose to get the gum. I have used about five pieces since yesterday, and it really does seem to help with the craving. Now I just have to stay away from the things that trigger me to want to smoke. Anyway, just thought I would share.

shay

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh shay, best of luck to you sweety! i know you can do this, stay strong.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Yay Shay!!!!!!
36.gif
Congrats on making the big decision!

Remember, we''re always here for you
1.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Belle. I really want to do it this time.

shay

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Rascal, you guys are going to make me cry. It''s so nice to have such a great place for support.

shay

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2007 1:18:42 PM
Author: Shay37

I really want to do it this time.
that''s the first step and the biggest factor in success!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
my darling Shay - if can do it then anyone can - it has been 6 months for me - YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!! The gum worked for me, and it really wasn't too bad using the gum - it does help. Hang in there, a smoke free life is almost yours and it feels good I promise you! Please keep us posted and we are here and understand what you are going through!
35.gif

Try and keep active, exercise helps take the edge off cravings - when you do get a craving, just stick with it, they get shorter and faster each day. Also drink plenty of water, aim for 2 litres, that helps to rebalance your body so to speak.

Good for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
good luck shay!! i know you can do it. i remember when lorelei quit...i am sure it was SO HARD...but she managed to do it and stick with it and now it''s been 6 months. it''s so awesome.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
shay, GOOD for you!!!

One of the biggest things that helped me mentally the last time I quit (for 4 months, long story), was to say to myself, "I don''t need a cigarette, because I don''t smoke" It REALLY helped.

I wish you all the luck in the world, really.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, you can do it!!!
36.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
prayers outgoing
tomorrow noon is my quit time and ill be joining ya.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2007 2:08:14 PM
Author: strmrdr
prayers outgoing
Yay for you too strm!!
36.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good luck! You can do it Shay. I have many friends who have quit sucessfully. Just fight the urge!!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Shay, you can do it!!!!! We''re all pulling for you. One day at a time girl, you can quit this!

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Shay!!!!That''s a very important decision you''ve made and I''m sure you can stick to it. Rant and rave to your heart''s content here. We''re all on your side
36.gif

Strm....Best of luck!!! You''re a brave man to be tackling the elbow pain and the no smoking at the same time. If your posts get a little grumpy, we''ll understand.
35.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
prayers outgoing
Fantastic!!!! I''ll be praying for you too, strm. You can do it.

Lorelei, so good to know you made it. I will keep in mind that you''re pulling for me. I know it will help.

Mara, thank you. I want to be an ex-smoker who says 6 months from now: I DID IT!!!

Ellen, that''s a great idea. I like that. I may have to change my tag line.

thanks, kc, Tacori, FG, and Isabel. I hope you guys can handle the moaning and complaining.
2.gif
Hopefully, I won''t be too bad.
20.gif

It''s now 3:10 p.m. EST and I''m still smoke free. yay!!!

shay

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Shay, I''ll be honest, I LOVE your sig, and think of your poor hubby every time I see it. lol

I would hate to see it go, but for this.
2.gif

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Good for you!!!!!!!!!!!

I''m on Day 5 of no smoking!. I wasn''t making a "resolution" out of it, but after midnight on Dec. 31st I lighted one cigarrette and it just didn''t taste good at all (I had a cold)...I took that opportunity to say "I''m done with this" and threw everything away!

Granted I wasn''t a heavy smoker currently....but was at one point (pack/day)...then I quit, then I went back, then I quit again, then I cut down....so off and on and now I was at about 3/day...sometimes more, sometimes less. It''s just plain SILLY!....

I''m going to write down my main reasons for quitting and if I ever feel like I really want one (hasn''t happenned yet, thank GOD!) then I will go back to my list, read it and then go extra time to the gym that day to kill some anxiety.

It can be done!....Good luck to you! (and to me
2.gif
)

Give yourself a pad in the back! Just after 24 hours of no smoking your body starts healing from the damage we have caused it...it''s just amazing the power of recovery our bodies have!!!.....so just think that right know your cells and your body are saying "thanks!!!" and are recovering little by little!.

I''m trying not to make a "big deal" out of it...so I try not to talk about or think about it (although I do think about it, I just don''t discuss it!). I''m acting like this is just the way it has always been and when I have an urge I just think "urge for what? I''m a non-smoker!!". I feel that by doing that I don''t let myself think that this is bigger than me. I can control it, it doesn''t control me.

Good for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9.gif

M~

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good luck Shay!!! You CAN do it, I know you can. Stay strong, and if you need us we are here for ya!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Best of luck!
36.gif
Here''s a thought that might help:
Every cent you spend on smokes puts jewels on the spouses and lovers of tobacco company CEO''S. Wouldn''t that money be better spent on jewelry for yourself?

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
You can do it Shay!

*sending good vibes*

I quit the year before last in July when hubby and I decided we want to have a baby. Prior to that I had been smoking for 10years. It was hard, but I did it cold turkey. I found that I was ok as long as I stayed away from places/situations where I would usually smoke. The worst cravings I had was when I''m at a cafe catching up with friends and having a coffee - mostly habitual, because we used to go through packets of smokes sitting there chatting!

All the best of luck!!

xoxo

Jade.

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
I quit almost 4 years ago. It was very tough, but I did it. I had smoked for 10 years and was up to 2 packs a day, I tried the patches, but they just itched and drove me nuts, so I did it cold turkey basically. I have gained weight, but I am not sick as much and I CAN NOT stand the smell of smoke or smokers now. It is funny how much better food tastes, how much better (and worse) things smell to me, it is like night and day. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Storm also!

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
Hurray Shay!!!!!
36.gif

Hurray Strm!!!!!
36.gif

I''m so happy to hear that you''ve made the decision to quit!

Ellen put it perfectly. You''re no longer a smoker. Even if you get upset or bored or stressed, a cigarette is not an option because you are not a smoker. That''s what goes through my mind. Another idea is to count the number of days since your quit date. Keep track because it''ll keep you from going back to zero and starting aaaaaaalllll over again. This is my fiance''s method.

Yay for everyone who quit!

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on quitting, Shay !!

I need to do the same... I don''t smoke much, maybe a half a pack a day... but it is certainly difficult.

All your stories are inspiring, and encourage me to REALLY quit.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
prayers outgoing
Good luck to you too Storm!!!!
36.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck to Shay and the rest who are trying to quit!
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2007 5:41:20 PM
Author: CrownJewel

Another idea is to count the number of days since your quit date. Keep track because it''ll keep you from going back to zero and starting aaaaaaalllll over again.
Exactly.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! It''s one thing that affects your health that you have complete control over. I found it much easier to quit smoking than stay on a balanced nutritional plan, LOL! But it does take a lot of determination.

Once you''ve been smoke free for a few months, you''ll walk into a smoker''s house or get in their car and just gag on the smell. I don''t think it''s nearly so bad for people who have never smoked, but for ex-smokers it''s just the nastiest, most repugnant smell. You''ll be amazed you could ever have stood it.

My mom just quit this week because she has chronic ear, nose and throat infections, not to mention the chest colds. She''s recovering right now from one, and it''s hanging on seemingly forever as they sometimes do. I quit one year when I got bronchitis and was EXTREMELY sick. I lost 12 pounds, and I NEVER lose weight so you know I was sick. My doctor said severe bronchitis is a lot like emphysema. I never want to be so debilitated again. Just loading the dishwasher was exhausting. It was a sure fire wake up call.

Stick with it. You will have some challenging days. There are still days that I think, "Boy, I''d sure love a smoke!" but my lungs just can''t take it. Eventually the cravings get easier and easier to dismiss, and you''ll find one day that it''s been over a week since you thought of smoking. I think it''s easier these days, too, because you have to go out of your way a little bit to get cigarettes and they are so expensive. There are so many ordinances about where you cannot smoke, which is good because you can''t necessarily have that cigarette when you''re out to lunch.

Seriously, stick with it. Keep yourself motivated by whatever means necessary, even if it''s surfing the web for symptoms of lung cancer, emphysema or going to a survivors board to see what these people go through just to get through the day.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Shay, think positive! I have heard if you can make it 24 hours you can do it!!!! Way to go...

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had no idea what this thread was going to be about...and although I was never a smoker, oral dependencies are my problem, too. Oh, can I ever relate! I am wishing both of you strength, Shay and Storm! Do it a day at a time or, if need be, a minute at a time. It can be done. We can do things we think we cannot, with strength and support! I wish each of you a miracle!

Deb
34.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results