shape
carat
color
clarity

WIsh me luck dress shopping tommorow - I need to find a dress

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Wedding is in June and still no dress I have had my heart set on the Eugenia 3512 which as you may know is not avail in oz and has made every dress pale in comparison so I put my big girl pants on and have opened my ideas to more styles of dresses I am going with the FMIL and FSIL and am armed with my pics and a positive frame of mind that I will find a dress
36.gif

I spoke to a designer dressmaker today - they make beautiful gowns and they have advised me that they will make any design of my liking :) so thats a start.

I am also posting a montage of the dresses I like with my clear fave being the Anne Barge LF 153 - I think something like that a little looser on the hips would look amazing
30.gif
(well I hope)

Ahhhh well here goes nothing wish me luck :)

ETA LF 153 is the top one on the right hand side - as you can see I really like Anne Barge Dresses :D

dressesIlike.jpg

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Best of luck! All of these dresses are really beautiful options. I particularly love the entire top row as well as the far-right of the second row (because of the lovely neckline).

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good luck Dee! Question-who makes that dress in the top row with the corset looking top?

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Yay!!! The day I've been waiting for has finally arrived! Well, almost. I cannot wait until you come back with a recap of your shopping trip and some pictures. I wish you the best of luck Dee!
36.gif
36.gif

Rachel9

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeus.....
30.gif

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
Have fun! I love all fo them!
Let us know how it goes!

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Yah! Good luck, Dee! Come back with lots of pics for us. All your choices are gorgeous, but I''m really loving the first dress in the top row (far left).

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Ooooooooooooh good luck Dee! Can''t wait to hear all about it!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck, Dee! I have my fingers crossed for you - hope you fall in love with a beautiful dress today!

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/5/2010 1:53:11 PM
Author: kama_s
Good luck, Dee! I have my fingers crossed for you - hope you fall in love with a beautiful dress today!

ditto! can''t wait to hear how it goes!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the dresses that you posted in your montage! Can''t wait to hear how you get on today!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
good luck; I am super excited for you!!!
36.gif

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
I''m going to go one step further than just wishing you luck. I''m going to give you WEDDING GOWN DUST!!!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*DUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUSTDUST*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

There. I haven''t done that since my LIW days. Good luck!

purelily

Shiny_Rock
Good luck!!! :)

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Good luck dee
35.gif

Freke, i think the dress is Clarissa Grace, an Aussie designer...

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the well wishes guys :) I had a really fun day FSIL could not make it as she had her day off cancelled by her work so it was just me and the FMIL and it was a MASSIVELY big day which was really fun :). I have no photos of me in the dresses no one lets you take pics which is massively stupid IMO .

Things I have learnt :)
- I want a cathedral veil
- Silk is really my favourite material and it looks good next to my skin
- Silk white is the best colour for me
- Nobody in bridal stores listen, seriously
- I don't think I am going to have "the moment"

Things my FMIL learnt :)
- Wedding dresses are expensive
- If you don't like strapless there really is not a lot of options out there
- And if she didn't already know that I am picky

So I rock up yesterday with my montage (which every bridal store either ignored, looked at it and ignored it, looked at it and said we have nothing like that or didn't even look at it) go to the first store I try on a dress from my previous Melbourne trip which really looks better IRL then on their website, both FMIL and I like it the dress is in a colour called mushroom however while having that dress on held up a similar dress in silk white and the colour looks really good next to my skin - apparently being pale with dark hair and eyes makes this colour work :)

Dress contender number 1 the Eleanor, I have ruled out the Mariana Hardwick as it is just way to over budget

Pro's about this dress
- Custom design it is made to measure I can make changes and will be making slight ones
- It is silk
- They start the dress 8 weeks before the wedding :D as that gives them the best indication of your wedding size
- It does look beautiful and I feel very elegant in it
- The back has lace across the back that I can not find a photo of but it is very vintage and I like that feature

Con's about this dress
- Need to place an order like now - can't wait until end of Jan when MOH my niece comes up
- It is $130 over budget (neither here nor there)

Dress Contender number 2 the Clarissa - shown here is a really red red however I would have it in silk white, FMIL really liked this dress on me

Pro's about this dress
- It is silk
- It grew on me
- Kinda different
- Cheaper then the Eleanor and they will throw in a free veil and a garter

Con's about this dress
- It is really boofy, would need to take layers of tulle out
- If you see from my montage, puffy dresses are not overly my thing
- I would be adding sleeves, I am not a fan of strapless and it may just look stupid afterwards
- Not made to measure can make alterations expensive however I think it may only be needed to be taken in at the bust
- Need to place an order like now - can't wait until end of Jan when MOH my niece comes up

Dress D964 I think this is the dress it looks similar the one of the website from the bridal store but it was a crappy pic and this is better

Pro's about this dress
- It looked good one - very simple
- It was less expensive then the others
- I like the style
- I could ask the first designer to replicate the dress for me in silk with small sleeves and make it more structured

Con's about this dress
- I don't like the material
- I don't like the lace up back which gives me back fat when I don't have back fat
- It is not structured enough
- Would be adding sleeves
- While the dress is inexpensive the added cost of material for the sleeves, rush ordering and alterations make it not a heck of a lot cheaper then the silk dresses I tried on

I am going to do a re-visit and hit some more stores before making my final decision however out of WAY to many dresses out there I have narrowed it down to 3 from this trip - I seriously think I have tried on over 40 dresses if not more I have a couple of more stores to possibly hit however I might not cause I am over it.

I think I will likely go the made to measure route as the flexibility is there and I get to make the dress I want however which dress I end up with still not sure

...stay tuned and thank you all for your support ♥

Freke - The dress is by Clarissa Grace and is called at this moment it :)

Now for pics of the dresses without me in them WHOOT
20.gif

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Hey Deelight, just so you know, D964 can be ordered with a zipper back.

It''s a gorgeous dress, as are the rest of them! I''m glad you had fun!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
:) OUpeargirl I saw that too however when I asked yesterday the girl told me nope only lace up definitely something worth looking at :)

Also want to add am having either a church or catherdal or garden ceremony and a reception in a vineyard also feel free to tell me your faves :)

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2010 9:12:18 PM
Author: Deelight
:) OUpeargirl I saw that too however when I asked yesterday the girl told me nope only lace up definitely something worth looking at :)

Also want to add am having either a church or catherdal or garden ceremony and a reception in a vineyard also feel free to tell me your faves :)

I know it can be ordered with a zip, so find another SA or store that is willing to do it if it winds up being your dress! We ordered it with a zip just last week!

It''s hard to pick a fav without seeing you in it, but I think all three gowns are quite gorgeous!

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
deelight! yay for dresses! you have some beautiful choices there. personally, i think the eleanor is gorgeous. my second fav is d964--i can see it looking so gorgeous w/beaded cap sleeves. too me, clarissa is a little "fussier" than any of the dresses in your inspiration photos! which are you leaning toward?

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Hey sweetie!!!!

I see you have been gown shopping without me!
38.gif
9.gif

Anyhoo, as I was lucky enough to see you in the Eleanor I vote for that one!!!! It''s gorgeous and has more pro''s than the other ones. To be honest, I can''t imagine you in the first one. I think the second one is nice, but I know how you hate the corset backs, so maybe that would be ok in the zip, but seriously, for me there are two many cons with the other dresses. It sounds like you would be convincing yourself into those ones, when you already like the others. Your cons for the Eleanor aren''t really about the dress itself either, they are just logistical cons.

Are you sure you can''t EDV off a bit more? Surely they could take a later order?!

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Woooo dee sounds like it was a very productive shopping expedition!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I completely feel your pain, I must have tried on well over 50 dresses and just felt like I wasn't being listened to
38.gif

Of the last three, the D964 (with a zipper back) would be my favourite but that's my taste. I agree with you that it might be risky adding sleeves to that dress - I think there's a danger cap sleeves could interfere with the asymmetrical panelling thing it has going on, although maybe off the shoulder type little sleeves something like what Musey had might work.

In the heel of the hunt though, going on what you're telling us about what you like, and on your inspiration montage, I think the Eleanor is the one!
30.gif

ETA - I think Honey's advice is very wise - your worries about dresses 1 & 2 are about the dresses, but your worries about the Eleanor are purely logistical - I think that says a lot
2.gif

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Eleanor
30.gif
definitely Eleanor! It looks a lot more like the Anne Barge dresses you like too....
36.gif

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really liked D964 from the small pics you put up, but after reading the cons associated with it and clicking on the bigger picture of the Eleanor, it''s hand''s down Eleanor for me! Plus, Honey likes it on you too!

You must try and sneak in a picture!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Based on what I know about you (which is admittedly little), I''d say that the Eleanor is it! It''s beautiful, though I''m intrigued by the mystery back lace.
1.gif
Is it like a lot of the Monique L''Hullier dresses with a keyhole type thing?

I like the D964 too, but if they won''t order it with a zipper, well, what can you do?
40.gif
The Contessa is nice also, but less in line with the vision you had in your montage.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
I like the Eleanor. It looks most like your collage, it sounds like you like it the best, and it''s BEAUTIFUL!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for all the opinions :) I went out shopping again today FSIL was too chicken to snap photos when we were left alone - it was a great day until my iphone was stolen
7.gif
what a way to ruin a day so I am overly sad right now.

Turns out D964 is not the dress I tried on but rather it is from Ella and is the 5356 (attaching photo) it is an a-line but has a slight mermaid feel to it. If I went that route I would be getting it possibly made in silk white (same material as the Eleanor) with almost of the shoulder cap (just touching the end of the shoulder) ruched sleeves, a button down back and pearl and crystal detail in the front and the train, does this sound good?

- BM (aka FSIL) likes the Clarissa the best (as does FMIL) according to her there is just something about it that makes it WOW I am not sure cause well it is almost a ballgown and as per the montage obviously didn''t envision a ballgown LOL in some ways it reminds a little in feel to Miracles daughters stunning gown but not, hard to explain though. They are all SO different which is the issue

- Didn''t get a chance to talk to the designer today of the Eleanor about creating my own creation with elements of each dress I love because I had realised by that time my phone was stolen, long story but yeah put a damper on the day.

If it helps envision more I am a slight pear (can fake an hourglass :razz:) about a bridal 16 in the US

Anywho I am still torn no idea I am contemplating another trip to Melbourne as Brides of Melbourne has all three dresses in the store and I can get my sisters, nieces (MOH) and possibly if she is free my lovely friend Honey''s opinion - will decide this weekend whether I will fly down.

back of ella can be seen here it has pleats around the bum in a bias

http://weddings.theknot.com/Dresses/56113/detailview.aspx?id=56113&type=31&TM=31%26Dresses+Gown+Type%3Dwedding+gowns

GAH

ellaellaohhhhella.jpg

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2010 12:22:54 PM
Author: sunnyd
Based on what I know about you (which is admittedly little), I''d say that the Eleanor is it! It''s beautiful, though I''m intrigued by the mystery back lace.
1.gif
Is it like a lot of the Monique L''Hullier dresses with a keyhole type thing?

I like the D964 too, but if they won''t order it with a zipper, well, what can you do?
40.gif
The Contessa is nice also, but less in line with the vision you had in your montage.

Sunny the best way to describe it would be if these to dresses had a back baby it would be like the shape of the jasmine and the style of Sottero & Midgley Wedding but it buttons at the back so it is not fully covered - does that make sense?

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2010 8:45:54 AM
Author: Delster
Woooo dee sounds like it was a very productive shopping expedition!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I completely feel your pain, I must have tried on well over 50 dresses and just felt like I wasn''t being listened to
38.gif

Of the last three, the D964 (with a zipper back) would be my favourite but that''s my taste. I agree with you that it might be risky adding sleeves to that dress - I think there''s a danger cap sleeves could interfere with the asymmetrical panelling thing it has going on, although maybe off the shoulder type little sleeves something like what Musey had might work.

In the heel of the hunt though, going on what you''re telling us about what you like, and on your inspiration montage, I think the Eleanor is the one!
30.gif

ETA - I think Honey''s advice is very wise - your worries about dresses 1 & 2 are about the dresses, but your worries about the Eleanor are purely logistical - I think that says a lot
2.gif

Honey is very wise :) she is the best shopping buddy a girl can have
1.gif
I puffy &heart; her

Delster I would say our styles and tastes would be similar from what I know about you :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results