shape
carat
color
clarity

winter wedding ideas

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
I just wondered if anyone had either got married or planned to get married in the Winter. If so, what sort of colour scheme did you go for?

Many thanks

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I''m in the process of planning a winter-themed wedding! The colors that we are sticking with are ivory, light silvery blue and silver, although my bm dresses are black, tea length with a champagne sash (I didn''t like ivory so much on their dresses and the champagne is barely darker than the ivory).

For flowers, we''re doing cream/ivory roses, light blue hydrangea and stephanatois with rhinestone centers (my bouquet) and cream roses with irridescent sparkly dust on them for the BM bouquets. Lots of "snowflakes" as well, the placecard holders are snowflake shaped from pier 1 and I have sparkly snowflakes that I purchased for extra decorations.

We were going to do light silvery blue tablecloths with ivory lace overlays, but the tablecloth person keeps forgetting to send the swatch to my mother, so we may just go with ivory tablecloths with ivory lace overlays. Saves us $500 for her incompetence anyways as my venue includes white or ivory tablecloths and chair covers and the overlays are only a little more. To be honest, I still want the blue tablecloths, but if she can''t send the swatch when she says she will (2x!) then I don''t feel like I can depend on her to show up on time to set up, without worrying a little and I''m all about not worrying on my wedding day!

The chairs will have ivory chair covers with blue organza sashes.

The centerpieces will be ivory roses with light blue hydrangea mixed in and maybe some irredescent dust on them. Very simple with 3 or 4 votives per table.

I''m undecided on the cake, but I may either have a snowflake topper on it, or have icing snowflakes on the cake. I have to go and look at some samples to decide.

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
sweetpea that sounds absolutely divine. Have you found your dress yet? If so what is it like? I just love the idea of a winter themed wedding, with the low light you get at that time of year

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
There was a period where I was planning a winter themed traditional wedding in a place that gets snow. The colors would have been dark green, spring green (maybe), and white. Decorations would have been lots of evergreen boughs, lots and lots candles mostly in glass containers, and mini christmas lights in white on anything I could attach them to. The moh dress would have been a pale spring green or a forest green depending on what I could talk my sister into, and my bouquet would have been white daffodils, tulips, and roses with dark green foliage.

I did a lot of pre-planning while waiting for the official proposal.
9.gif
I could have pulled off a rather large variety of weddings: Winter wedding in the mountains, winter wedding on the beach in mexico, summer wedding on the coast of oregon at a pub, japanese garden wedding in the spring or summer, and our Hawaiian beach wedding/elopement in a month (Yaay! Eeeek!).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results