shape
carat
color
clarity

Winter coat opinions please

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please someone stop me from this impulse buy or convince me it’s a great purchase lol.
It is super freezing here now so of course I want this very warm coat.

The temperature rating is to —22F (-30 C) which is one of the warmest coats you can buy. Thoughts?

I have this brand and style in navy and wore it yesterday (but hardly wear it because it is not usually that cold here) with windchills in the single digits. I was comfortable which for me is saying a lot because I am super sensitive to the cold.

Below is the same coat I own that I am considering but with a print pattern and different color and it is not being manufactured anymore.

I think I am in love...and it's in my size which is hard to find. But how practical is this purchase?

Will I kick myself for not going for it and regret it or will I be upset I did purchase it and then not really wear it..how cold is this winter going to be?? LOL Though hopefully I have many winters left so if not this year I’ll likely have use for it during future winters. As long as I don’t gain weight that is

IMG_5988.png

Also, if I may ask, how reputable is poshmark? This coat is supposedly new with tags. They offer a free authentication process which I would take them up on despite it delaying the sale for 5 business days. Any thoughts appreciated. My DH is saying go for it. But he always says that. I am not complaining but want more objective opinions, thanks

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the pattern and one can never be too warm in the winter imo. My barometer for questionable purchases is to question if I would be heartbroken if it sold before I bought it. If I feel anxious about losing it, I buy it. Sometimes, I will wish for someone else to snap it up because I know I don’t really need it. :lol:
You will have it many years (a lifetime perhaps) so I’d do it!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the pattern and one can never be too warm in the winter imo. My barometer for questionable purchases is to question if I would be heartbroken if it sold before I bought it. If I feel anxious about losing it, I buy it. Sometimes, I will wish for someone else to snap it up because I know I don’t really need it. :lol:
You will have it many years (a lifetime perhaps) so I’d do it!

Thank you my dear enabling ( haha ena “bling”) friend ♥️

Now if only I could have the same hair as the beautiful model!

chere

Shiny_Rock
Anyone can sell on Poshmark. Is there a return policy with this seller and you can inspect and authenticate the coat yourself? I wouldn't rely on an authentication provided by the seller. It could be fake.

I have a few parkas for extreme cold weather. I would get another one if I had the closet space.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's pretty! I buy and sell on Poshmark, but I'd never purchase anything over $100. When I search that product with its complete name (brand name, style) it doesn't come up on Posh, which makes me question its authenticity. If the tags are still attached and the seller is legit, they would've made sure that such a highly coveted piece (that colorway completely sold out in 2022) came up easily in search results.

Last year I bought a NWT (allegedly) Farm Rio dress on posh. The tags were attached. The dress itself was filthy, it looked like it had been run over by a clothing rack at least twice. I reposhed it for half what I paid and just sold it last week. I shipped it, and the buyer messaged me that it was not NWT, that the tags had been tied back on. That was my oversight as I was so pissed about the stains (which I fully divulged) on the piece. Lesson learned, but it didn't hit me hard in the pocketbook, at least. Yours is a much more significant price point. I would be wary.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Poshmark aside, the question I guess you are asking is whether you can justify two sleeping bag style coats?

I love/need mine as I work in the city which is a huge wind tunnel. Couldn't work in the city without it. Figuring I could easily justify a second one, I now realize that I only needed one. For me, it's too bulky for every day wear and now only go into the office 5-6 days a month...and since it's more for functionality than fashion, I just automatically reach for the same one. And they do take up a lot of closet space.

I have no regrets buying the second one which is a bit nicer (but nowhere near as fashionable as yours) but will be donating the first one. There is a lot of need out there for warm winter coats in good condition...so if you don't find yourself needing/wearing two, there is always that route.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All I know is that one DS -- newly transplanted to Chicago from already-plenty-cold Boston -- said this week that this is what everyone wears. Calf- or even ankle-length down, and walking with little mummy-steps. Not sure if your locale warrants it but if you get cold easy, this is what people do.

Have no experience with Poshmark. Same DS had lots of experience with TRR. I'm still trying to eBay some of those "gems." :mrgreen2:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Let me start by saying that I am in a "consumerism is bad" mood today; otherwise, I would be in full blown enabler mode. If you want a coat because it's rare and/or you like the pattern and it also happens to keep you warm, go for it but consider giving the other to a homeless person who might otherwise freeze to death.

Edited to add, I don't mean that to be as grouchy as it sounds.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Pros: You want it. You already know you love the style since you have it in a different color/pattern- and wear it. It is in a hard-to-find size. It is no longer manufactured. It's secondhand, so I assume less than retail price. You live in an area of the country that has plenty of coat days.

Cons: It doesn't sound like you need an additional coat right now. And it comes with the risks of being secondhand.

In my highly scientific analysis, the "pros" are not really mitigated but both of the "cons" are. It being a "want" rather than a "need" isn't a dealbreaker, unless you don't have the money to spare. And the risk of secondhand is lessened by using the verification service. All in all, I'd say the scales are definitely tipped towards getting it. :)

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I know we both own a ton of coats--but, personally, I wouldn't double up on another long parka purchase. It just wouldn't get that much wear. And I find them bulky while driving.

cheers--Sharon

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Please someone stop me from this impulse buy or convince me it’s a great purchase lol.
It is super freezing here now so of course I want this very warm coat.

The temperature rating is to —22F (-30 C) which is one of the warmest coats you can buy. Thoughts?

I have this brand and style in navy and wore it yesterday (but hardly wear it because it is not usually that cold here) with windchills in the single digits. I was comfortable which for me is saying a lot because I am super sensitive to the cold.

Below is the same coat I own that I am considering but with a print pattern and different color and it is not being manufactured anymore.

I think I am in love...and it's in my size which is hard to find. But how practical is this purchase?

Will I kick myself for not going for it and regret it or will I be upset I did purchase it and then not really wear it..how cold is this winter going to be?? LOL Though hopefully I have many winters left so if not this year I’ll likely have use for it during future winters. As long as I don’t gain weight that is

IMG_5988.png

Also, if I may ask, how reputable is poshmark? This coat is supposedly new with tags. They offer a free authentication process which I would take them up on despite it delaying the sale for 5 business days. Any thoughts appreciated. My DH is saying go for it. But he always says that. I am not complaining but want more objective opinions, thanks

oh its so hot here i cant give a helpful comment
i cannot imangine wearing something so hot looking, but i dont live where we get snow and i know you do, plus it is horrible and humid here today and im hating it so to me, today it looks hot like a winter warmth sleeping bag

ok on to a more practicle comment
the pattern and colour is pretty but it does not look like he kind of coat you can wear a brooch on ......;)2
please prove me wrong;)2
what colour is the one you want ?

dont be cold MIssy, being cold is misserable, if you really love it and have been able to find it in your size, go for it, even if you only use it a few times a year if it keeps you warm its worth it

my bum would look so big in that :lol-2:

Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have to decided whether you want it as opposed to needing it.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When it comes to outerwear (I'm in NYC too) I don't do doubles on function. One of each weather function is enough for me. I stick to Land's End for functional weather gear and do not at all trust most clothing resale sites.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Agree. I would ask myself how often I wear the same coat (different color) that I already own. When I was younger, I would buy things because I wanted them, but now that I'm older, I try to buy things because I need them (excluding jewelry but I'm getting there with that too). I contemplate more and then say to myself "do I really need another (pair of shoes, boots, warm coats, etc.) and generally I come down to saying no. And price usually isn't the deciding factor, but rather how many of "these" do I really need.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think there is anything wrong with getting something you want but don't need, if you have space and can afford it. Think of how many things we own that fit that description! Do I need all my jewelry, or perfume? Clearly not.

But will you use it enough to justify, in your own mind, the space cost and monetary cost?

I have a full length down coat with a shawl collar that I used to wear to take my daughter to the school bus stop on cold winter days, but I found it rather cumbersome to drive in. I haven't worn it in so many years and largely forgot about it. I should decide if I still want it, I guess. It takes up a lot of space in a crowded closet. I love it because it's purple! Maybe I could wear it for a winter walk in the neighborhood? But I don't much like taking walks when the air is so cold. Don't like breathing in the cold air.
ETA: I will consider donating this.

My best coat, that I use all winter, and have done since my daughter was in elementary school in the early 2000s, is a Lands End Squall Parka. Thinsulate and fleece-- no down. I wore the original one for years and then found another just like it on eBay, in new condition, which I am still wearing. It is perfect for almost every use, for the kind of cold we usually have in Connecticut.

I also have an L L Bean Baxter State parka (down) that I bought 7 years ago. I had always wanted one of these parkas and was over the moon when I found one at the L L Bean outlet. It is a little shorter than the Lands End one; I would have preferred longer. It is warmer than the Lands End parka but maybe a bit too warm for the car. It makes me sweat-- and then I feel clammy. I also had to detach the ruff from the hood as it interferes with my peripheral vision when driving (even while not wearing the hood.) So, it's good for a very cold day outdoors -- as long as I'm not out there long enough to freeze my thighs-- but not so great for the car.
ETA: Maybe this should become my snow-blowing coat. I'll try that next time we get enough snow.

It's not so easy finding the perfect coat. To me the perfect coat is the one you will get the most use out of. I guess for me that's the Lands End Squall Parka.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. Thank you for all your thoughtful replies. I will respond to all of them and just wanted to thank you for your time and energy.

To end the suspense I ordered it :)
It was never about "need" because let's face it. At this stage of our life (my dh and I) we don't really "need" anything but our meds lol and wait no, I lie. My DH needs knee replacement surgery and is getting it this Wednesday. So we don't need any material goods but we still do need good healthcare. But I digress lol

The coat is new with tags. I probably wouldn't have bought it if it had been worn and well loved just because while I do enjoy thrift shop purchases (though have not made any since before the pandemic) I wouldn't purchase anything pricey that was previously loved except of course for old cut diamonds :)

I wouldn't wear it for running errands or short outdoor durations rather for when we are outside for hours in the bitter cold. And as for having one like it already I was/am attracted to the bright print and so while it is the same style and brand coat I already have it is completely different in color/print. Function is exactly the same of course but I do have duplicates of many things and I do enjoy them.

As for donating to charity this does not preclude that and in fact has nothing to do with that. We give generously to charities we feel are worthwhile. Buying this coat won't change that. Won't change how much we give or to whom/what organizations we give. So that is a moot point though I appreciate the thought behind it.

So while in my heart I swear I am a minimalist I am still a work in progress LOL

OK on to answering specific replies in the next post

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone can sell on Poshmark. Is there a return policy with this seller and you can inspect and authenticate the coat yourself? I wouldn't rely on an authentication provided by the seller. It could be fake.

I have a few parkas for extreme cold weather. I would get another one if I had the closet space.

Thanks chere. I appreciate your input. Coat closet space is a challenge for me. That is the truth. I already have too many coats here but I do wear all of them because we are outdoor enthusiasts and I love mixing it up depending on my mood, the weather and what we are doing that day. I will have to find space and maybe this will be the impetus to get rid of things I may not be wearing anymore

It's pretty! I buy and sell on Poshmark, but I'd never purchase anything over $100. When I search that product with its complete name (brand name, style) it doesn't come up on Posh, which makes me question its authenticity. If the tags are still attached and the seller is legit, they would've made sure that such a highly coveted piece (that colorway completely sold out in 2022) came up easily in search results.

Last year I bought a NWT (allegedly) Farm Rio dress on posh. The tags were attached. The dress itself was filthy, it looked like it had been run over by a clothing rack at least twice. I reposhed it for half what I paid and just sold it last week. I shipped it, and the buyer messaged me that it was not NWT, that the tags had been tied back on. That was my oversight as I was so pissed about the stains (which I fully divulged) on the piece. Lesson learned, but it didn't hit me hard in the pocketbook, at least. Yours is a much more significant price point. I would be wary.

TY Monnie! The process works like this. The seller sends it to poshmark and they inspect it and if it passes authentication and condition they send it to me. I own probably about 10 coats of this brand so I am pretty confident I will be able to spot a fake should they miss it. I am sorry you had such a bad experience with poshmark. I am always wary of buying things on sites like this but I couldn't resist temptation. I hope it works out and my personality is wary lol and I will keep you posted

Poshmark aside, the question I guess you are asking is whether you can justify two sleeping bag style coats?

I love/need mine as I work in the city which is a huge wind tunnel. Couldn't work in the city without it. Figuring I could easily justify a second one, I now realize that I only needed one. For me, it's too bulky for every day wear and now only go into the office 5-6 days a month...and since it's more for functionality than fashion, I just automatically reach for the same one. And they do take up a lot of closet space.

I have no regrets buying the second one which is a bit nicer (but nowhere near as fashionable as yours) but will be donating the first one. There is a lot of need out there for warm winter coats in good condition...so if you don't find yourself needing/wearing two, there is always that route.

Yes I always donate what I get rid of if it is in good shape and with the exception of shoes my stuff is in good shape because I rotate so often. And I take good care of my things. Thank you for sharing your experience with me...much appreciated. I hate winter but pretty things to wear make it more bearable lol

All I know is that one DS -- newly transplanted to Chicago from already-plenty-cold Boston -- said this week that this is what everyone wears. Calf- or even ankle-length down, and walking with little mummy-steps. Not sure if your locale warrants it but if you get cold easy, this is what people do.

Have no experience with Poshmark. Same DS had lots of experience with TRR. I'm still trying to eBay some of those "gems." :mrgreen2:

Ha thanks for the encouragement Alex. I had no clue it was "in". I don't go by trends. I always go by what I want to wear and mainly function over form wins every single time though I like to think I have both in all I do wear. Form and function but comfort and function come over style for me all the time. And as for walking I never find it difficult but you can always unzip it at the bottom to have more room so it is very functional that way too. Hope your DS is staying warm and comfy in cold Chicago. Though you are right. Boston is plenty cold too

Let me start by saying that I am in a "consumerism is bad" mood today; otherwise, I would be in full blown enabler mode. If you want a coat because it's rare and/or you like the pattern and it also happens to keep you warm, go for it but consider giving the other to a homeless person who might otherwise freeze to death.

Edited to add, I don't mean that to be as grouchy as it sounds.

Sorry you are in not the best mood and I appreciate your thoughts. I wrote above about one not precluding the other. I agree I am a very good and generous consumer but I am also very generous in donating to worthwhile charities. In my religion it is very encouraged to give as much as one can to those in need and we follow that mantra. While there is no such thing as altruism (in my opinion) because giving makes the giver feel as good as the person getting one could say we are altruistic to a fault. And no worries. You don't sound grouchy to me. Or maybe I am used to grouchy lol. No JK :lol:

Pros: You want it. You already know you love the style since you have it in a different color/pattern- and wear it. It is in a hard-to-find size. It is no longer manufactured. It's secondhand, so I assume less than retail price. You live in an area of the country that has plenty of coat days.

Cons: It doesn't sound like you need an additional coat right now. And it comes with the risks of being secondhand.

In my highly scientific analysis, the "pros" are not really mitigated but both of the "cons" are. It being a "want" rather than a "need" isn't a dealbreaker, unless you don't have the money to spare. And the risk of secondhand is lessened by using the verification service. All in all, I'd say the scales are definitely tipped towards getting it. :)

Thanks Seaurchin. Yes the pros outweigh the cons (only con as far as I see it is one lack of closet space here and two the cost but it isn't breaking the bank so not really a con and I am saving over the retail price by quite a bit). And minimal risk of it being "secondhand" if it does have tags and is truly new without wear. I will let you know. IF not back it goes

HI:

I know we both own a ton of coats--but, personally, I wouldn't double up on another long parka purchase. It just wouldn't get that much wear. And I find them bulky while driving.

cheers--Sharon

Girl, you know it. We have too many coats but well the weather has to be good for something right? And you cannot beat the warmth of this coat. We went hiking yesterday and because it was in the teens I wore my other coat just like this and I was toasty warm the entire hike. Yes we were hiking in the snow and ice so expending considerable effort which does help keep me warm but it was so windy and bitter and I was very comfortable the entire time we were outdoors. But I agree about driving with the coat on...when we are in the car for a long time I only wear my winter vests as to be most comfortable. And the heavy coats only come out when we will be outdoors for a long time. Thanks my winter coat sister for chiming in...while we both do not love winter we both love wearing warm clothing and staying comfortable

oh its so hot here i cant give a helpful comment
i cannot imangine wearing something so hot looking, but i dont live where we get snow and i know you do, plus it is horrible and humid here today and im hating it so to me, today it looks hot like a winter warmth sleeping bag

ok on to a more practicle comment
the pattern and colour is pretty but it does not look like he kind of coat you can wear a brooch on ......;)2
please prove me wrong;)2
what colour is the one you want ?

dont be cold MIssy, being cold is misserable, if you really love it and have been able to find it in your size, go for it, even if you only use it a few times a year if it keeps you warm its worth it

my bum would look so big in that :lol-2:

LOL Nikki. I bet your bum would look beautiful in this coat. I am sure of it. And as for wearing a brooch yes you can! LOL. I don't have any of my brooches here unfortunately but next time we go back to the NYC apartment I will get some and show you :)

Ha yes agree. There are really no material goods we need anymore. Nothing. It is all about want at this point. And I feel grateful and fortunate that we have reached this point and I take nothing for granted. Nothing. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me and I suspect you know exactly what I mean because you are there too. Very grateful and thankful for it all

When it comes to outerwear (I'm in NYC too) I don't do doubles on function. One of each weather function is enough for me. I stick to Land's End for functional weather gear and do not at all trust most clothing resale sites.

Yes you are so right. Space is a premium in NYC. That is the truth. I am working towards being a minimalist but failing miserably right now. Though it's been a while since I bought a coat (a year ago lol) and part of my wanting it I think is to brighten up the cold short dark winter days. It's such a bright pattern and so unlike anything I own. IF ti wasn't so different I would have probably resisted. And also with all that is going on I feel I wanted to get this if you kwim. I try not to watch the news but when I catch it accidentally wow. We are in the worst episode of "Black Mirror" ever. Sorry to digress. But yeah this will lift my mood a bit whenever I wear it so I think and hope it is a worthwhile purchase. Time will tell. Thank you for your thoughtful reply

Agree. I would ask myself how often I wear the same coat (different color) that I already own. When I was younger, I would buy things because I wanted them, but now that I'm older, I try to buy things because I need them (excluding jewelry but I'm getting there with that too). I contemplate more and then say to myself "do I really need another (pair of shoes, boots, warm coats, etc.) and generally I come down to saying no. And price usually isn't the deciding factor, but rather how many of "these" do I really need.

Yes for me it does come down to if I want it more than the trouble it will cause finding a place to go. And it rarely comes down to price as the deciding factor. I agree with that too. I really do not need anything material. Nothing. I could probably open a store with all I have in both places. But instead I will go through my things and give what I do now wear away to worthy causes. But I won't lie. Most of our causes have to do with animals. And that is how it will continue. Though there are some people charities we do give to as well our passion is with the animals and always will be. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

I don't think there is anything wrong with getting something you want but don't need, if you have space and can afford it. Think of how many things we own that fit that description! Do I need all my jewelry, or perfume? Clearly not.

But will you use it enough to justify, in your own mind, the space cost and monetary cost?

I have a full length down coat with a shawl collar that I used to wear to take my daughter to the school bus stop on cold winter days, but I found it rather cumbersome to drive in. I haven't worn it in so many years and largely forgot about it. I should decide if I still want it, I guess. It takes up a lot of space in a crowded closet. I love it because it's purple! Maybe I could wear it for a winter walk in the neighborhood? But I don't much like taking walks when the air is so cold. Don't like breathing in the cold air.
ETA: I will consider donating this.

My best coat, that I use all winter, and have done since my daughter was in elementary school in the early 2000s, is a Lands End Squall Parka. Thinsulate and fleece-- no down. I wore the original one for years and then found another just like it on eBay, in new condition, which I am still wearing. It is perfect for almost every use, for the kind of cold we usually have in Connecticut.

I also have an L L Bean Baxter State parka (down) that I bought 7 years ago. I had always wanted one of these parkas and was over the moon when I found one at the L L Bean outlet. It is a little shorter than the Lands End one; I would have preferred longer. It is warmer than the Lands End parka but maybe a bit too warm for the car. It makes me sweat-- and then I feel clammy. I also had to detach the ruff from the hood as it interferes with my peripheral vision when driving (even while not wearing the hood.) So, it's good for a very cold day outdoors -- as long as I'm not out there long enough to freeze my thighs-- but not so great for the car.
ETA: Maybe this should become my snow-blowing coat. I'll try that next time we get enough snow.

It's not so easy finding the perfect coat. To me the perfect coat is the one you will get the most use out of. I guess for me that's the Lands End Squall Parka.

I agree. I also own LE and LL Bean coats. They are workhorses in many respects. That LE coat I have (it's not here with me though and is back in NYC) was my go to for a long while. It was great in storms. BUT and this is pertaining to me only, I did not find it as warm as my current go tos. At all. It was the warmest coat I owned until I found this brand years ago. And then there was no going back. But in crummy weather I would still wear it back in NYC because it was indestructible and as I wrote a workhorse coat. Well worth the cost which was so inexpensive too. I look at PPW (price per wear) for most things and I have gotten my money's worth with most of my coats because I wear all of them (that are here with us that is because I still have many back in NYC) and I love to change it up. The only good thing about winter is enjoying my coats and boots. Still looking forward to spring! No matter howe many great coats i have. I also agree there is no perfect coat. It's perfect for specific occasions (cold, wet, less cold etc) so I find I am wearing different coats on different days. I rarely wear the same coat on consecutive days. Though with our current cold spell I have been wearing my long coat (same one I just bought in the print on opshmark) the past few days.

Thanks again everyone for your input. Much appreciated. Stay warm and cozy and be well. And Nikki stay cool and comfy and I hope your heat wave breaks soon. In the meantime never too early to start thinking about your upcoming winter lol.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy If anything getting it for me would mean getting rid of the other one. I can see being attracted to the fun pattern vs. a basic deep color. Keep one and donate or resell the other.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Yay-glad you bought it! Hopefully, the colorful pattern will add some cheer to the dreary Winter months.

Last edited:

lavenderdragonfly23

Shiny_Rock
I always reach for my faux fur collar North Face parka …. Soooooo warm!

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arent you against animal cruelty? That company is a pretty big no-no for that. Including this particular jacket.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arent you against animal cruelty? That company is a pretty big no-no for that. Including this particular jacket.

Actually peta endorses them now because they stopped all fur. :)
They won the 2023 PETA award

Canada Goose is spreading its wings in the world of vegan fashion and is now the winner of a 2023 PETA Fashion Award

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know that vegan award is for one single very specific jacket? Did you even read this link?
They are not a vegan company and still use down and animal materials.

I'm not throwing stones, because there's one hanging in my closet lol. But I hope you think twice about criticizing people who use botox when you massively downplay your use of leather, down and other animal materials.

Great jackets though, and very warm.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know that vegan award is for one single very specific jacket? Did you even read this link?
They are not a vegan company and still use down and animal materials.

I'm not throwing stones, because there's one hanging in my closet lol. But I hope you think twice about criticizing people who use botox when you massively downplay your use of leather, down and other animal materials.

Great jackets though, and very warm.

I’m comfortable and good with how I live my life and I’ll continue sharing my thoughts as I please. As I encourage you to do too. Peace.

From 2021
“PETA applauds the company for making this compassionate decision that reflects the ethics of the vast majority of people, who believe that animals should not be tormented and killed for their fur. Canada Goose will join a long and ever-growing list of top fashion brands that have sworn off fur, including Prada, Coach, Versace, Michael Kors, Balmain, Gucci, Calvin Klein, Burberry, and many others.”

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This one is super pretty too but not my size. However if anyone is a small (runs big so probably more like a medium) it’s on Poshmark for a great price fyi

IMG_5836.png

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I love the print and it looks so cozy, glad you decided to get it! One can never have too many coats and jackets! There is a style and function to each different jacket. I live in SoCal where it rarely goes below 50 degrees F, but I travel to colder parts of the world, and I’m cold blooded…so dh used to shake his head when I buy yet another coat or jacket, but now that my kids have moved out and we have spare closets, he doesn’t care, cos I just put them in the kid’s closet instead of invading his closet :)

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m comfortable and good with how I live my life and I’ll continue sharing my thoughts as I please. As I encourage you to do too. Peace.

From 2021
“PETA applauds the company for making this compassionate decision that reflects the ethics of the vast majority of people, who believe that animals should not be tormented and killed for their fur. Canada Goose will join a long and ever-growing list of top fashion brands that have sworn off fur, including Prada, Coach, Versace, Michael Kors, Balmain, Gucci, Calvin Klein, Burberry, and many others.”

Just seems pretty hypocritical, but if you're comfortable that's great.

Here's another quote from your article

"A recent PETA Asia investigation into a Vietnamese down supplier revealed that ducks’ throats were slit while they were still conscious and that the birds were seen moving for at least a minute afterward. PETA Asia also investigated “responsible” down farms in Russia, where a worker was seen stretching the necks of geese across a stump and repeatedly hacking at them with a dull axe while the birds shrieked and struggled."

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results