shape
carat
color
clarity

Winter Boots - What Colour?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I really like the acorn personally! Those are so cute

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I think the acorn is a pretty color, but if you're planning on these getting dirty in winter mixes, then I would go with the grey. Grey will also go better with a black jacket.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry, I know this won''t help (much! - lol) but I love the chocolate color better than the acorn or grey.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
haha see this is my problem!! My friends each like a different colour. Well at least I know I can''t go wrong with any of them!

Thanks for the input so far girls. :)

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/17/2008 12:30:20 PM
Author: MC
Sorry, I know this won't help (much! - lol) but I love the chocolate color better than the acorn or grey.

Another vote for Chocolate. I love 'em in the dark brown! But if you've got a black jacket, I'd go grey.

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
I actually love all three colours! haha..not much help!!! But I''d take into consideration the rest of your wardrobe. I wear lots of brown and black so I would pick chocolate brown or acorn. I''m ok with wearing all black and brown shoes but I couldn''t wear a brown shirt or pants then grey boots. Hope that makes sense! I love the boots though!!!

Oh, also take into consideration salt stains...they will DESTROY chocolate brown boots if you''re not super careful!

indypitty

Shiny_Rock
I like the gray best. I just bought a pair of gray suede boots and I LOVE them! But then again, I really don''t wear brown.
1.gif

VictoriaEremita

Rough_Rock
I like the gray, especially with a black jacket.
1.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Last year I had this dilemma with Uggs! My jacket has gray in it, but the brown seemed prettier. The sales rep helped me out - she said actually, go with the lighter color possible because the snow mush will leave white from the salt! Smart gal. So the lighter boot (the gray) gets my vote :)

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Well I went with what seemed like the majority (I didn''t count though!) and bought the grey!!

I felt better knowing it would sort of match my coat...AND be a little different.

I''ll post pics when I get them (if anyone cares! haha).

Thanks for your help/advice!

tabu

Shiny_Rock
I actually like the chocolate color
3.gif
.... however, if you mostly wear black or have a black jacket/ winter coat I would go for the grey ones
1.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the chocolate ones.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m crazy for boots, so I unfortunately have amassed winter boots in every color possible. (Hey, I''m in Chicago, winter lasts a long time here.)

However, I must say that I wear my Ugg boots in that acorn color more than anything else. They''re light enough to wear with black, in my opinion, and the color seems to freshen up darker outfits. And once you weatherproof them, they''ll stand up fine against the elements.

For what it''s worth, I have more gray in my wardrobe than any other color, and I rarely wear my gray winter boots.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/23/2008 3:00:23 AM
Author: Haven
I''m crazy for boots, so I unfortunately have amassed winter boots in every color possible. (Hey, I''m in Chicago, winter lasts a long time here.)

However, I must say that I wear my Ugg boots in that acorn color more than anything else. They''re light enough to wear with black, in my opinion, and the color seems to freshen up darker outfits. And once you weatherproof them, they''ll stand up fine against the elements.

For what it''s worth, I have more gray in my wardrobe than any other color, and I rarely wear my gray winter boots.
Thanks Haven.

I actually did end up with the grey boots and really like them!! I could see what you are saying about the acorn though - maybe my next pair ;-)

How did you weatherproof your uggs though? I used the regular spray but I think they need something a little more heavy duty...

Thanks!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really do love that gray color, you''ve encouraged me to wear my own gray boots more!

I used a spray on my Uggs, I''m pretty sure I bought them when I bought the boots. If I can find them I''ll post the brand. I have a pair of Uggs that are several years old and they still look great after trudging through many Chicago winters, slush and all. I''ll go find that spray . . .

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hi October!

Can you post a pic of your new boots? I love them!!!!
2.gif

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/23/2008 11:30:10 PM
Author: Haven
I really do love that gray color, you''ve encouraged me to wear my own gray boots more!

I used a spray on my Uggs, I''m pretty sure I bought them when I bought the boots. If I can find them I''ll post the brand. I have a pair of Uggs that are several years old and they still look great after trudging through many Chicago winters, slush and all. I''ll go find that spray . . .
Haven, I''d love to know what kind of spray you''re using too! My uggs are being replaced this year as a result of significant damage from slush and salt over the past couple of years
40.gif

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
I''ll grab pics tonight if I get home at a decent hour from work. But definitely this week!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results