shape
carat
color
clarity

Winery Wedding!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Hello Gals!

First post here!
35.gif

Our dream is to have our wedding at a winery. We live in Los Angeles, and have many options in California. We''re considering Temecula, ''cause it''s the closest and seems to be the most reasonable. Any other ideas? Has anyone had their wedding at a CA winery? Or have incorporated a wine theme into your wedding? Please share!

THANKS!

CG

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
One of my friend''s friends had her wedding at a winery and I heard it was beautiful and different. Unfortunately I didnt know her well at the time so I didnt get invited, but I wish I had been after I heard how fun it was. Art museums are another fun different place to have a wedding, you can still have a band and block off parts of the museum for the reception. I went to a company party at the museum of fine arts in boston and it was so great!

E B

Ideal_Rock
I would LOVE to have our wedding at a winery. We live in Los Angeles too, so it''s definitely do-able. I think we''ll probably have it on the beach, though, since that''s where he proposed (plus, we love the beach!).

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
oooh winery weddings are gorgeous...
there are some girls on the NorCal knot boards that just had their weddings at wineries.. . I think they turned out beautiful!!! Links below:

meg&ksexton

Bubbly-Bride

soontobemrs.stone

this thread lists a lot of bios you can search for.

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Man!
Those bios are gorgeous! Especially the first one!
OH, I cannot wait to get married!!!!!

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
Dang pop-up blocker--I can''t see the sites!
emotion-40.gif

The Santa Ynez area is nice, so is Santa Maria and Paso Robles. Although Temecula is the closest to LA and wouldn''t necessarily require people to get hotel rooms.

Can''t WAIT to see some of the venue choices you find--you have to post some pictures or websites!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
THANKS much to everyone for your suggestions!

Right now, Temecula is #1 on our list. As I mentioned before, we live in L.A, but I have tons of friends in San Diego (went to college there). So, it just makes sense. We have a couple of wineries there in mind, just need to compare!

We''re headed up to Paso Robles in January, and plan to check out sites there too!

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve gone to the wineries in Temecula before and my absolute favorite is Wilson Creek Winery!!! They have gazebos and full on permanent tents for indoor and outdoor weddings as well as beautiful grounds, complete with a creek as the name implicates!!! Plus, they make this almond-flavored champagne that is to die for!!!! I guess the Costcos local to the Temecula area sell their champagne, mine (unfortunately) does not
8.gif
Anyway....there are other wineries also that are perfect for weddings, but my pick would be Wilson''s.

HTH!!!

freckles127

Shiny_Rock
CG,

I attended a wedding early this year in May at South Coast winery in Temecula. It was absolutely gorgeous... here is the site:

www.wineresort.com

winery

appletini

Ideal_Rock
After seeing those I now want a wine country wedding even more!

gongjoo143

Shiny_Rock
I''m a winery bride! I''m getting married June 3 ''06 at Chateau Souverain (www.chateausouverain.com) in north Sonoma County, Geyserville to be exact. I''m so excited! We got engaged in Napa so we decided to stay with the whole winery theme...

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
flopkins- that first one is awesome!!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/21/2005 10:13:17 AM
Author: gongjoo143
I''m a winery bride! I''m getting married June 3 ''06 at Chateau Souverain (www.chateausouverain.com) in north Sonoma County, Geyserville to be exact. I''m so excited! We got engaged in Napa so we decided to stay with the whole winery theme...
We''re thinking of doing the same thing! We got engaged in Temecula, and are really looking to having the wedding there. We even joined the wine clubs of the two most promising wineries- just so we''ll have more of an "in". Plus, wine club members usually get discounts off the wine that is purchased for their private winery events.

Did you incorporate vines/grapes into your wedding elements? I''ve been checking out cakes, invites, even china (for our registry), and would like to stick with the theme, but am wondering if it''s overkill. Believe me, it wouldn''t be a surprise to our friends and family. We both LOVE wine- we belong to a number of wine clubs, and he has a 100-bottle wine fridge in his kitchen.

Chateau Souverain looks GORGEOUS! Just like a French Chateau. Lucky gal!

gongjoo143

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! We looked high and low in Napa and Sonoma to find the perfect winery. Chateau Souverain just screamed winery wedding to me... but the price tag is really steep. In fact, it seems that everything in the wine country is double the price! Oh well, it''s a once in a lifetime event, right?

With the whole wine club thing - you should make sure that the winery you choose allows you to buy wine at the wine club price for the wedding. Often times it''s separate, and they''ll give you a discount for wine for the wedding but it''s not as cheap as the club price.

I am planning on incorporating the wine theme in my wedding... but not too much with the whole grape motif. I''m using deep red and burgundy colors, and a lot of candlelight. We''ll be having wine tasting tours, and will pair each course with different wines during dinner. I guess I''m doing less of the grape theme, but more of the wining and dining thing, if you get what I mean.

temeculabride

Rough_Rock
Hi!

I was cruising the web when I saw your post.

I work with VILLA DE AMORE in Temecula.

"The Villa" is Temecula''s premier event location. It is in the winery area of Temecula and (in fact) overlooks South Coast Winery. It has 360 degree vineyard/winery view plus the mountains including the best sunsets in Temecula. The difference is that it is A PRIVATE ESTATE! What this means is that there are no "looky-loos" watching you and your guests since when you rent this location it is all yours for the day!

Sorry to sound like an advertisement but I just had to let you know about this location because of your interest in the area.

(Actually no, I am not an employee but I am one of the "mobile DJs" who work at the location) In my opinion, this is the best deal in the city for weddings.

Here''s their website:

http://www.villadeamore.com

...feel free to cruise their site and see what you think.

What the heck: you can even see my site at:

http://www.perfectdj.com

Come out and visit us in Temecula!

egorospe

Rough_Rock
HI!
Congrats on the wedding. I am recently engaged, and saw Chateau Souverain...It looks amazing! And apparently was purchased earlier this year by Francis Ford Coppola. Anyway, is there any way you can put me in touch with the person over there in charge of wedding stuff? How did you find it?
Thank you!!
Erin

gongjoo143

Shiny_Rock
Hi there,

I just got married at Chateau Souverain/Francis Coppola on June 3rd! It was amazing... everyone loved the venue. The restaurant, Alexander Valley Grille, was fabulous too!

The contact person there is James Luchini now, but I''m not sure if they are going to continue doing weddings. In fact, mine was the last one there - all the rest that had been booked were cancelled. I believe they are doing renovations starting this summer. However, no harm in calling to ask if they still do weddings.

Another good person to talk to would be my wedding planner, Elsa Vera. Her site is www.elsavera.com

Best of luck with your search! I hope you get to have your wedding there - I have the best memories and the most gorgeous pictures.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE winery weddings! If I lived in California, that is totally where I would want to get married...I just think there is something so beautiful about the scenery and feel of that kind of backdrop. Those are some of my favorite bios Flopkins posted from "The Knot." Just lovely.

Sorry, I dont have any real life experiences with a winery wedding...I did check into it briefly for our wedding here on the east coast, but never investigated deeper. I just dont feel its as nice over here as it would be in Cali- good luck- what an awesome idea!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results