shape
carat
color
clarity

wineries...northern california, perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I''m not engaged (yet) so I probably shouldn''t even be posting over in these parts...

BUT suppose I were planning a wedding and I wanted it to be in Northern California''s wine country. Could anyone recommend a website/book/wedding planner/location/strategy for planning such a wedding?

I''ve done some google searches for "wine country wedding" but it''s so hard to tell from these websites that seem to be more advertising than anything else... I''ve also searched here on Pricescope but somehow didn''t come up with a lot.

IF I were planning a wedding I would only want about 50-75 guests, maybe fewer, for a simple, intimate ceremony and dinner.

Thanks in advance, Brides-to-Be!

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
Go to www.herecomestheguide.com. They also have a magazine that is GREAT! If you live in Northern CA you can pick it up at any bookstore. There is a ton of info that helps you decide to to visit/contact.

They don''t list all of the great venues out there, but its a good place to start.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Goldenstar hit the nail on the head. Theknot NorCal board will give also you opinions on all the winerys and pros and cons if you post about it on there. I''m having a winery wedding in Nor Cal, but in livermore wine country. Napa and Sonoma were too far away for us (older relatives and travel issues) and frankly, very pricey. But one of the easiest locals (if you are looking for ease) was the Mark West Hummingbird gardens their wedding coordinator (Ali???) was FABULOUS, but I didn''t end up doing a site visit, so I can''t say more than that. Still it was affordable and convenient (almost all inclusive with decent flexibility to allow a couple of outside vendors without a fee or anything).

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Thank you SO much!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
If you are thinking Napa and Sonoma, you will have a lot more choices in Sonoma. There are very few wineries in Napa that have permits to host weddings...but one that does is V. Sattui, and while Auberge du Soleil is not a winery it has the best view in the Valley (my BFF got married there).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results