shape
carat
color
clarity

Window Treatment help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Hi!

Well we are undergoing a change in my place...and I need new window treatments. I''m very challenged when it comes to window treatments. I need your help.

I live in a small NYC apt and the windows in my living room are 20 ft long..this included a terrace door. I want something airy and light...don''t want to cover the light but need some privacy at the same time since we have buildings across from us (and ppl tend to sneek a peek
38.gif

so I would appreciate any recommendations as to what I can get or where from...thanks so much!
35.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2009 9:36:51 PM
Author: Skippy123
Your baby in your avatar is soooo adorable!!! Well, I notice that JCPenny''s has some nice window treatments at reasonable prices. Also Smith Noble and Pottery Barn has nice window treatments. Maybe something like this would allow light in while still giving you privacy? http://www4.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?DeptID=60156&CatID=60441&GrpTyp=STY&ItemID=15556a3&attrtype=&attrvalue=&CMID=60156%7c60194&Fltr=&Srt=&QL=F&IND=3&CmCatId=60156|60194|60441
Thanks so much Skippy! I actually like that...thanks so much. I will look into it further!

That''s my son Noah! He''ll be 5mo tomorrow...growing so fast.
35.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2009 9:41:25 PM
Author: atroop711

Thanks so much Skippy! I actually like that...thanks so much. I will look into it further!

That''s my son Noah! He''ll be 5mo tomorrow...growing so fast.
35.gif
Cool
emthup.gif
Aww, they do grow fast, he is precious; happy 5 mos!
emcake.gif

Anastasia

Shiny_Rock
atroop,

I love Hunter Douglas Silhouettes. HD Silhouettes

They are very sheer looking, but can be closed for privacy.

20 feet is a lot of window to cover! Silhouettes are pricy, but HD makes a very high quality product. There are some other versions of silhouettes out there,but it is my understanding that none of them are as nice as the Hunter Douglas. They are offering rebates right now.

Good Luck!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2009 10:31:35 PM
Author: Anastasia
atroop,

I love Hunter Douglas Silhouettes. HD Silhouettes

They are very sheer looking, but can be closed for privacy.

20 feet is a lot of window to cover! Silhouettes are pricy, but HD makes a very high quality product. There are some other versions of silhouettes out there,but it is my understanding that none of them are as nice as the Hunter Douglas. They are offering rebates right now.

Good Luck!
Anastasia...thanks so much for the rec. I will def. check into it.
35.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would consider semi-translucent panels. Penny''s always has a good selection and you might also check what Bed, Bath & Beyond has in stock. I loved the weight and the slight texture of Croscill''s "Rice Paper" panels from a few years ago but I''m not sure they''re still making those. I''m sure they have something else that''s just as nice now.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i can''t think of what they are called exactly but we loved our top-down, bottom-up sheer fabrics from Hunter Douglass. in our last house. we got them online at blindsgalore.com. they also have a ton of pictures on that site to look at as well. you can do double or triple layer for more or less coverage and they let a lot of light in. the top down portion allows you to put them down 1/2way but still have privacy.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Great suggestions given already so just one more point here: keep in mind if bedroom is involved and you like it dark so you can sleep make sure that is provided in a product you select.Some of them are great for every room but not your bedroom if you like it dark.Correct me if I am wrong because for that precise reason I don''t want to put DH in my bedroom.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results