shape
carat
color
clarity

Window shopping...

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am dying to go in and try out some asscher and emerald cut stones, so I can get a feel for my bottom line in terms of size (for my future step cut purchase :naughty: ). My issue is this: I know I will not be buying for a while, and when I do- it will be from an online PS vendor but I feel weird about going in a store and looking at stones when I know I am absolutely not purchasing. How do you handle this for those of you that browse and window shop???

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Go, enjoy!

If it's a mom-and-pop style jewellery store, you might use them for (paid) cleaning, repairs, appraisals, and other services in the future. Though you might buy your standalone jewels online, you (or spouse) might also like a brick-and-mortar store for other RTW purchases like hoop earrings or RHRs.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You know ... it's shopping. It's never a rock-solid commitment to buy. Sometimes, you spot something you love so much, you have to have it, even if you know you could probably put something similar together for less money: sometimes, you spot something other than what you were looking for in the first place.

I do try not to waste salespeople's time: if they're busy with other (paying?) customers, I don't distract them. But, frankly, their good salesmanship pays off. When I was 20 and windowshopping? I might not have had money. These days, I do ... and I spend it with the people of whom I think highly. The chi-chi stores that insisted on telling me the cost of things before I asked and followed me all over the shop? Perhaps not so much.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the support! Lol :lol: I am thinking of going to a jewelry exchange type of place (wait, hear me out!) since I know I won't go back to buy there and those people are used to people coming in and browsing the different stands and hunting values. Also I won't be tempted to cave since I know I will get better quality elsewhere, it's really to just get my hands on different size step cuts.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They have no idea if you are buying or not. Go out and have fun trying different pieces of jewelry on. It is fun.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
marcy|1308277224|2948014 said:
They have no idea if you are buying or not. Go out and have fun trying different pieces of jewelry on. It is fun.

I am thinking of doing this tomorrow or this weekend... :naughty: . Oh man, that may be my new hobby- trying on jewels on my lunch break :lol:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amys Bling, that is a great way to spend your lunch hour. :appl: :appl: :appl: Look out though you'll find things you want to buy. :bigsmile:

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
I usually have the same guilt feeling as you. I would just buy a bunch of asscher/emerald cut CZ's online, and try them at home. :) I found out my perfect round earring stud size this way. :bigsmile:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cookie|1308319502|2948313 said:
I usually have the same guilt feeling as you. I would just buy a bunch of asscher/emerald cut CZ's online, and try them at home. :) I found out my perfect round earring stud size this way. :bigsmile:

Hmm, that's a good idea:)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results