shape
carat
color
clarity

Will you have a videographer?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NewShiny

Shiny_Rock
Why or why not? I just can''t decide. I''m paying what feels like a gazillion dollars for a great photographer, but my recently married friends are all telling me how happy they are having a video too. My gut tells me I won''t watch it more than two or three times. Thin again, the thought of capturing not only the my wedding, but all of family and friends that will probrably never be in the same room again seems like a must do. Is Is it really worth it?

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
i am not planning on it. I think its a waste. I won''t want to watch myself on video, and i think photos are enough to capture the moment. Think about how much nicer GREAT photos are than a video. If you''re torn about it, maybe ask a trusted friend or relative to do an amateur video for you. Thats what my best friend is doing. That way you can still have a video and not pay tons of money.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
I personally think that it has to do with the type of wedding you think you''ll have. My friend got married in a casual and great way down south, and she had video. So many funny people at their wedding, some absolutely impossible to top toasts (one was a Dr. Suess version of how the couple met), and in hindsight, I would watch their video over and over and still crack up.

My wedding will be very serious, very pretty, and basically no funny stuff to my knowledge, so I would bore myself and anyone else watching... Back behind the scenes, the wedding party and I will likely have a fun time, so I may have a friend video tape that, or even video tape the bachelorette party or something, because I think those are the moments that I will want to watch over and over. Weddings are very important, but it all depends on your usage of that tape. My friend had her "boring" wedding taped for posterity for her future kids. Everyone has their own ways of viewing it, but I would rather beautiful pictures, because that''s just my preference...

Good luck!

njc

Brilliant_Rock
A friend that recently got married had a cousin film for her. She had a full catholic mass, so i would say it was a serious wedding. At the reception we told funny stories on the couple from college! I am torn on whether or not to tape it as well. I think if i could find a friend or family member that was willing to take on the challange, that would be the only way id do it. Fantastic pictures are more important to me.

abradabra

Shiny_Rock
I agree that it depends on the type of wedding you are having and your personal preference. Personally, I want a photographer to remember some things, but overall, I want to remember my wedding the way I remember, not necessarily the way it actually was. Does that sound weird?

Also, we are having a very serious/traditional ceremony which would not be that interesting to watch and having a very out of control reception which would not be appropriate to show most people.
3.gif

Another thing to consider is how much extra it would cost. If you can get an inexpensive videographer (a la njc's friend), I think it would generally be cool to have a video as an extra memory. However, I would personally rather have an extra couple grand to spend on the food or the dress (or even the diamond!) than a videographer. But that's just me and what I happen to find important.

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
We had a destination beach wedding so we did have videography because many of our family could not attend. I love my video and all the special touches included. It was much less expensive in Jamaica than what it would cost here in the US. If I was having a big wedding with all my family present I wouldn''t bother with professional video. I would just have a few family members armed with digital camcorders.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
We didn''t go with a videographer....and I''m not the least bit regretful.

Our wedding was small (30 people), so there wouldn''t be a lot of "action". Also, our reception was a catered harbor cruise aboard a tall-ship schooner, so no wild dancing on the tables footage to be had.

Honestly, even if we had gone that way.....I know SOOOOO many people who paid outrageous money for videos, and most haven''t watched them 3 times in the last 10 years!

Pictures, however, are something you can look at every day. I''m in the process of making a collage and framing a few really good professional pictures to grace the walls of our new home. We decided that was where we really wanted to put our money. Our photographer did an AMAZING job, and I''m glad we splurged there instead.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results