shape
carat
color
clarity

Will This Harm My Platinum Necklace?

shihtzulover

Brilliant_Rock
I upgraded my engagement ring diamond and my husband had my original diamond placed in a pendant. It's a simple, solitaire look and I love it and wear it every single day, but I have some other, much less expensive necklaces that aren't getting any wear.

If I layer the necklaces for different looks each day, will they rub on the delicate platinum chain and harm it? The other necklace are gold-plated, sterling silver, etc.

Thanks!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I would think that it might be the other way around - that the platinum necklace might harm the sterling silver and/or gold plated necklaces.

shihtzulover

Brilliant_Rock
Interesting. I wouldn't mind it harming my other necklaces as much, because they're a lot less expensive and not what I would consider to be long-term pieces.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I suppose that any layering you do could potentially be harmful in terms of the metals rubbing against each other, the possibility of necklaces become tangled, etc., but platinum is harder than sterling silver and plated gold, so that's why I mentioned that they could potentially sustain more damage.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results