shape
carat
color
clarity

Will someone PLEASE pack my crap for me???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
We close on Thursday morning! YAY!

I have been tearing through my room for a few days, I cannot believe how much junk fits in this little 10x11 room.

If you can believe this:
We sent that list of "demands" over right? They fixed EVERYTHING except the plumbing, which they are giving us a $2K check to cover because the plumber cannot get back there in time to fix it before Thursday. They got 2 bids for it to come to the $2K price...They fixed almost 5K of stuff for us. I cannot believe it. Im impressed.

So...we are going to get someone in next week and see if its reallythat big of a job (its a cheap fix, the labor is the costly part) that my dad and uncle can''t actually do it, or if we really need a guy in there to do it. Its a big fix so I think we will trust the guy we are paying. Soil stack or something (the poop chute if I remember the explanation correctly).

ANyway...thsi was just a ramble to say "IM MOVING!"

Help me pack. ;-)

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Ame!
36.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is that an offer ;-)

Thank you! I cannot believe it is already here!

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Ame - Many congratulations!

On the subject of moving...Have you checked out moving companies? I've done a few moves and it was only recently that I *actually* checked out Bekins and found out... "Hey, this is totally worth the money!" It also allowed me to keep my friends on good terms rather than assembling them into my personal packing army!
19.gif

You may be way ahead of me on this.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ame, congrats on your new house. Its sure exciting huh?

As far as packing goes, the websailor method is to procrastinate long enough so I get disgusted and do 90% of the packing because I am the anal one in the family.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Congrats, Ame!
36.gif

Just don't do what i did the last time we moved--waited until the last minute. The movers showed up and I had to stuff my clothes into hefty bags! They almost threw out half our clothes! GET THE WARDROBES--they are worth it!
6.gif
2.gif
1.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
SO my actual current situation where half of my clothes are in trash bags is a bad plan ;-)

I have almost all my clothes on hangers actually, but I wanna put them all in bags cuz I can smash it in my trunk. Doh! I have yet to tackle the sock and underwear drawer as I might never come out of my room. I threw out 6 big bags full of junk in 2 days. I cannot believe how much I have. Unfortunately not enough to hire a mover. haha

I had to FORCE my fiance to start packing Saturday. I guess he doesn''t get the whole "we have Jason''s truck on Saturday, so we have to move as much as we can then, because your bed will not fit in the celica". We had a nice argument and he finally caved. He has the next month off (well from this friday on) and planned to spend the next two weeks just moving stuff over slowly. Well we are in Dallas from Next Wed to the following Sunday and that cuts out a lot of moving days. Not to mention we have to sterilize his apartment. (ew boy germs) We just cannot waste this weekend to move at least his stuff.

Yay! Moving sucks.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/15/2004 10:18:38 PM
Author: cflutist
As far as packing goes, the websailor method is to procrastinate long enough so I get disgusted and do 90% of the packing because I am the anal one in the family.

cflutist...rrreally?
(taking notes)

Smart guy.

2.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Ame, having just been through what you are now going through, I want to encourage you to press on and move forward. For us, it was 14.5 years of junk into a less than 1000 sf home, so I can certainly relate to the amazement you are feeling, when it came time time for us to pack, and moreover, when it was time to actually move.

Let's just say, we shocked ourselves AND the moving crew. Poor things, I never even provided them with gas masks. We were not even prepared for what we found hiding behind dressers, under beds, etc.
14.gif
And the move itself was not even accomplished in one day. After the "big" move, I still spent another week packing up "little" things which didn't make the big move, and then the cleaning began. I'm glad it's over for us and quite soon it will be for you too. We were so blessed that we didn't go far from our old house so it was actually quite convenient in the big picture, and I had a luxury in that itself that most don't have when they make a major move as we did. When we finally got here, heck, I was just thankful to find my underwear on a daily basis with everything else in a bag or box--SOMEWHERE, and all my kids and DH asking me where's this? where's that? nearly drove me up the walls!
14.gif

So yes, while moving does indeed seem daunting, keep your eyes focused on the road ahead. This too shall pass.

~kmom
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results