shape
carat
color
clarity

Will sage green work for an exterior color on my house?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
We''ve decided to try several combos on my garage. I''ll probably have a patchwork garage for the summer but that''s ok because it faces into my fenced side yard. Colors always look so different outside.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
After several months of testing and debating siding paint colors, my husband and I finally made a decision. We wound up keeping our shutter color which is SW Exclusive Plum (looks lavender on the house). The siding is going to be SW Intuitive which is a lighter greyish lavender with a bit more red in it to warm it up and makes it look not dingy. It's actually in the "mauve" family on the SW color pallet, but it works great with the shutter color and doesn't look "pink". We tested lots of colors on our garage (love those $5 color-to-go quarts at SW!) and this is the one we liked best in all light levels. The sage green wound up just looking dark and dirty. We knew we didn't want to stay with a neutral like the cream we already have. We tried a variety of beiges/taupes and none of them looked as nice as the lighter purple color. We know we'll be different but we're not odd for our neighborhood....starting next to us and going down the street are houses that are bright yellow, dark greenish blue, then peach. Now, we're plotting if we can get time to paint this fall. The windows really NEED to be painted so we might do at least those this fall..they need to be scraped, primed then painted. Paint color will be the lightest shade on the same strip as the siding...basically a white with a lavender undertone.

Now, a question..what color do I paint the horizontal gutters and fascia boards on the sides with peak up to my roof? I will paint the vertical gutter/downspouts the same as the siding so they don't stand out.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
I think green would look lovely.. There are tons of houses in my town that are green (husband and I joke around that it is town mandated that all houses be painted green, its so common).. so I have come to like the look of it..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results