shape
carat
color
clarity

Will people step on my train?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
My mom is making my dress, and I'm planning to do a similar design for Watters style 9040B. The train will be "sweep" length.

We're hoping for a garden setting, so the grass stains alone might be an issue... but what I'm really worried about is people stepping on the back of my dress! I don't know if I'm over-worrying, so please tell me if I am--I tend to get a little carried away with details like that.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is the Watters dress:

museydresstrainquestion.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
the answer is more than likely yes. anytime I have a dress with a train I get stepped on...

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know but that dress is so pretty!! I am getting married in a rose garden and I am pretty worried about grass stains too. There has to be a secret to keeping dresses white, isn''t there?

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, people will probably step on your train. My mom TRIPPED over my train and almost fell... sigh. During the ceremony by the way, lol. It was a funny picture though because it me, DH, and mom are all making hilarious faces! Anyway, I digress. You can have your mom put a bustle on the dress and that way if you are really worried about stains, etc., you can just bustle up the dress for the reception. Also, maybe you can find some sort of fabric scotch guard or something to keep it from getting stained if you don''t want it to be bustled. I''m sure there is some type of stain protectant out there.

*M*

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I''m having an outdoor wedding with a train too and the grass stains worry me too, but not enough to change my dress or the setting. I figure it will be like a "memory of the day". I''ve also thought about maybe putting more lining into the train but I''m not sure yet if that''s possible or practical. It will be bustled for the reception because it''s much too long to drag around. With the length of train you''re looking at, I would do a small bustle too.... I think it would just be impractical to try and dance with that. Beautiful dress by the way!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
You''ll want to bustle that, particularly if there''s dancing. My dress had little to no train (certainly shorter than that) and I got stepped on.

Scooba

Shiny_Rock
I would just bustle it after the ceremony and it will get grass stained, that''s just how it goes, pretty dress!

San Diego Bride

Shiny_Rock
first, that dress is beautiful! my mom made me an alcenon dress with a similar cut and train. we were married in a garden and then took pictures on the beach. at the end of the day no one had stepped on my train. it does have some stains, but they''re from the beach/sand rather than the grass. they don''t bother me since they''re on the "inside". if i ever wore it again (which i won''t) no one would be able to see them. they''re just part of the memories of the day.

as long as you have a bustle the dress should be fine. most people aren''t really that close to you during the ceremony when the train is down. if you bustle it for the reception it should be ok. i would really try to put this low down on your list of worries for the day. bustled or not, you should completely enjoy wearing the dress from start to finish that day!

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
from a seamstress pount of view. may i suggest a 1 inch train? it will flow behind you, give you the drape and flow you want, and people won''t step on it.

this is what we do for our renaissance dance troup.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all your advice! RE: the bustle, here is the back of the dress (borrowed from sunshine14's post, hope she doesn't mind...and just for fun, I changed the sash to the color I'm using, well as close as photoshop will let me do, it's actually more of a burnt orange).

museydressback.JPG

Will a bustle work with the sash? Since we're making it ourselves, we can of course tweak the design so it will work, but I really do like it as is.

Ladykemma, maybe the 1-inch train is the way to go--I'm not set on the idea of having 10in. of fabric behind me. Thanks for the tip!!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s the photoshop of how the front will look, we''re doing a bodice from claire pettibone''s "Juliette".
30.gif

Ignore the fact that there are too many arms
2.gif
But that will be the actual color of the sash.

watters-slash-pettibone-pho.jpg

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
You can definitely do a bustle with a sash! You just bustle the sash as well. There''s a gorgeous picture of an Amsale dress with a sash bustle somewhere on the web... I''ve seen it a few times, and I almost like it better bustled than regular. I''ll see if I can find it.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have no idea whether the train will be a problem, but btw I saw a girl trying on that watters dress the other day and it was gorgeous in person and perfect for a garden wedding!!!

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
I''d probably step on it (not on purpose though!) I have a friend who forgot to bustle hers before her reception, and it got trodded on by many people (The venue was small, just a church fellowship hall, so maybe if it had been bigger, people would have kept a little further back. she finally realized she hadn''t bustled it, and when she did, she didn''t have any more problems.

That dress you like is LOVELY! It''s perfect for a garden. I think you could easily bustle it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results