shape
carat
color
clarity

Will a four prong eternity be really safe?

Orchid Lei

Shiny_Rock
I have an 11 stone shared prong band (with 0.07 stones) from ID Jewelry and it's the second time in 6 months of wear that I have loose stones (the same two). One is about to fall out, so I've had to stop wearing it. :(

I'm going to return the band and upgrade to something sturdier. Will a 4 prong eternity band be much safer, like I don't need to worry about checking my stones every time I wear the ring? Or is the absolute safest way to go is the channel setting? I don't like thicker bezel bands, so that's not an option.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That looks like it would be more secure to me.

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
I had a shared-prong eternity ring and I had multiple problems with loose stones. I had the ring remade into a four-prong and haven't had any issues since. I would highly recommend a four-prong.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I believe a 4 prong eternity will be safer just b/c you have more metal/prongs holding onto the stones...

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Agree with the OPs.

But a well made shared prong band should not lose stones that often either. Make sure the quality is good on the new setting.

Orchid Lei

Shiny_Rock
Farleysmom|1306636283|2932816 said:
I had a shared-prong eternity ring and I had multiple problems with loose stones. I had the ring remade into a four-prong and haven't had any issues since. I would highly recommend a four-prong.

I'm glad that worked out for you! I hope to have the same success. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results