shape
carat
color
clarity

Will a florist.........

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
let me hire them for thier arranging skills and let ME provide the flowers?

I see amazing deals on flowers at 2g roses, 50 roses, and even sam''s club that it''s painful to hire a florist who''ll charge me so much more for flowers. For example, I have one florist''s quote that charges me $20 per orchid BLOOM (not stem!!) and I can get 50 stems for less than $90 (!) and have over 200 blooms from sam''s club.

What I really need is thier talent to fashion my bouquet together and deal with corsages and bouts and maybe deliver them to my site. I don''t mind paying for thier skill in this regard, I am just having a hard time swallowing the mark up. Before I call a florist tomorrow and see what one says to this request, I wanted to see if my idea is ludicrous.........

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
I just thought about this a teeny bit more and it occured to me that they probably make alot of thier profit on the actual markup of flowers. I believe I was incorrectly thinking that they mostly made money off of the labor portion of the bill. Maybe I won''t ask afterall. Sounds too much like asking a restaurant if I can bring in my own food and they can still cook it for me.

Still......it sure would be a nice option
1.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t think they''ll do it due to your exact reasoning.

What you COULD do is if there is a technical college around you that teaches that skill ask one of those students who doesn''t have a business to run and instead might be happy to get paid to practice their skills.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Never hurts to ask ...

especially if you find someone who''s just starting out. (Which I always like as they are trying hard to make a name for themselves and will take extra care and give you more time to give your input.)

I once used a huge company here in London - I was spending around 2.5k for this event and when I tried to explain what I wanted, the owner just said - oh yes, just leave it to me, we know what''s needed in that venue. I was quite insistent about what I wanted - when I arrived on the day they had totally ignored me and done what they wanted. Yes they were still beautiful, but I never used them again.

I now use a young couple who are fantastic and we work on ideas together - they are now becoming very well know, but I was probably their biggest client for the first year they were in business.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/21/2007 1:32:40 AM
Author:So_happy
let me hire them for thier arranging skills and let ME provide the flowers?

I see amazing deals on flowers at 2g roses, 50 roses, and even sam''s club that it''s painful to hire a florist who''ll charge me so much more for flowers. For example, I have one florist''s quote that charges me $20 per orchid BLOOM (not stem!!) and I can get 50 stems for less than $90 (!) and have over 200 blooms from sam''s club.

What I really need is thier talent to fashion my bouquet together and deal with corsages and bouts and maybe deliver them to my site. I don''t mind paying for thier skill in this regard, I am just having a hard time swallowing the mark up. Before I call a florist tomorrow and see what one says to this request, I wanted to see if my idea is ludicrous.........
So when you got a quote from this florist did she quote you on what it would cost for a bout, bouquet, centerpiece, etc?
My florist (who I have become friends with) told me that the traditional "pricing" is that florists are supposed to multiply their cost by 3.5. So the cost of their flowers and supplies by 3.5= finished product cost including their labor.

I believe that you can order floral packages from one of the wholesale clubs and they will deliver everything to you already done up.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results