shape
carat
color
clarity

wide leg khaki/chino type pants?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dancingqueen

Shiny_Rock
Has anyone seen any nice wider leg khaki pants? I''ve looked at Gap and J Crew and didn''t really see "wide" leg. Maybe they are not in style any more? I want cotton pants that would be a little more "stylish" for a business casual office. Any ideas?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm...the combo of cotton and wide leg might be a tough one right now...Victoria''s Secret has some great wide leg pants but they''re not a twill weave like khakis. You might check out the VS website and see what you think?

dancingqueen

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, Monarch. Why do you think that is a tough combo right now? Is wide leg not in style? I''m just wondering... I have a hard time with work clothes. I love the look of J Crew clothes, but I don''t like slimmer legs on khaki/twill pants. I''ll check out VS. Thanks for the tip!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I don''t know what they have now, but back in the fall I bought wide leg Khaki (actually more of a stone color) pants from Banana Republic.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/12/2009 10:05:47 PM
Author: dancingqueen
Thanks, Monarch. Why do you think that is a tough combo right now? Is wide leg not in style? I''m just wondering... I have a hard time with work clothes. I love the look of J Crew clothes, but I don''t like slimmer legs on khaki/twill pants. I''ll check out VS. Thanks for the tip!
I guess it''s a tough combo imo because I''m thinking you want wiiiiide legs aka sailor style? J.Crew favorite chinos have pretty wide legs, or at least the ones I''ve purchased there in the past do, but they aren''t what I would call a true wide leg. I''d say they''re more of a stove pipe shape almost. And I don''t think that wide legs are NOT in style, it''s just that maybe they aren''t that key trendy piece this year so they aren''t all over the place. You might also try looking at Anthropologie''s website, they usually have a huge variety of pants.

dancingqueen

Shiny_Rock
Yes, sailor style is kind of what I had in mind. I have a pair from J Crew from about 8 years ago that I still love. I want some "easy" things to wear to work that are casual, but not your "basic business casual" if that makes sense?

indypitty

Shiny_Rock
I would try NY & Company. I''ve never shopped there much, but I went in a few weeks ago because they have a huge variety of pants in different lengths (I need talls). I got several wide leg pairs. Plus, everything is always on sale there!

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/13/2009 8:56:23 AM
Author: dancingqueen
Yes, sailor style is kind of what I had in mind. I have a pair from J Crew from about 8 years ago that I still love. I want some ''easy'' things to wear to work that are casual, but not your ''basic business casual'' if that makes sense?
Gotcha. JC still has sailor styles every now and then so keep watching them. And I totally understand what you mean by casual but not basic business casual--you want more style than what basic business casual usually dictates. That''s what I love about Anthropologie, I just wish I could afford most of their clothes, ha ha!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results